PDA

View Full Version : Kill the Yaris

jamal1984
06-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Ok, it's so damn reliable i got no freaking problem and now it's over 100K.
I can't put myself to trade it in, because it's paid for and...yeah alot of memories in the yaris :tongue:.

Lately i'm driving it like somebody else car, i don't care about MPG anymore, because it's look like either i'm pushing it or not still 32mpg <---good enough for me.

So now i will not be gentle with my yaris anymore and will push it to limit, not mean i will speeding 100+mph, but i will drive it through holes, off road, rocks.......and see if my yaris will hold up. If not, good bye. I'm so satisfied with my yaris already. Great Car, will buy another one if this one died.
Ooooooooo Yeeaaaaaaaaaaa

jamal1984
06-19-2012, 09:42 PM
and i will still do my services on time and use full synthetic oil like day 30th.

Chuck G
06-19-2012, 10:36 PM
Cool!! keep us updated.

G-Ammo
06-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Give us videos & pics!!

TOLMACH
06-20-2012, 10:36 AM
I can't put myself to trade it in, because it's paid for and...yeah alot of memories in the yaris :tongue:.

Lately i'm driving it like somebody else car, i don't care about MPG anymore, because it's look like either i'm pushing it or not still 32mpg <---good enough for me.

So now i will not be gentle with my yaris anymore and will push it to limit, not mean i will speeding 100+mph, but i will drive it through holes, off road, rocks.......and see if my yaris will hold up. If not, good bye. I'm so satisfied with my yaris already. Great Car, will buy another one if this one died.
Ooooooooo Yeeaaaaaaaaaaa

you can do some mods to make it pretty much a new/different car.. like adding tokico struts - costs justs 332 bucks shipped from ebay

07stlYaris
06-20-2012, 10:45 AM
:laughabove::thumbdown::cry:

suckerface
06-20-2012, 10:46 AM
you can do some mods to make it pretty much a new/different car.. like adding tokico struts - costs justs 332 bucks shipped from ebay

Or $350 shipped from MicroImage, and you're supporting a HUGE part of the community.

http://shop.microimageonline.com/Tokico-Blue-shocks-struts-YARIS-TBSS-Y.htm

why?
06-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Tips for buying from MicroImage:

1. Customer is responsible for return shipping EVEN if your new item is DEFECTIVE. No Quality Control prior to shipment by the Vendor.

2. NEVER attempt installing/using your item to check if it fits and is not defective (you install it - you own it)

wow that sig is a wonderful way to ostracize yourself from the community.

07stlYaris
06-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Not really part of the community since they drive a Soarer. Sounds like sour grapes on the whole MI thing.

I'll admit that MI has strict policies but without them the prices would be double because of all the "buyers remorse" returns. I own a business that has a restocking fee to deter the serial buyers remorse people from abusing my low prices. It just has to be that way so stick with eBay if you want cheap stuff and the backing of eBay when it comes to returns. They are only hurting the sellers who are leaving them in droves (as have I). Should call eBay "ChinaBay". My $.02

suckerface
06-20-2012, 10:56 AM
wow that sig is a wonderful way to ostracize yourself from the community.

+1

Especially when you post on every thread and force everyone to see it. Fact is, everyone in the Yaris community knows Garm, and we all support him. Yes, it's unfortunate you had an unfavorable experience, but as discussed in your thread (http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40051), everything possible is being done to fix your situation. I had to pay for return shipping on a part too, but that's because I ordered the wrong one, and I didn't complain at all.

enviri
06-20-2012, 11:09 AM
so basically you're gonna drive it like you live in the ny/ct/nj tristate area. lol. (we do sometimes drive 90-100+ mph)

Chuck G
06-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Will the Yaris even do 90? :smile:

jpmck03
06-20-2012, 06:14 PM

Yes, it will and then some.

:burnrubber:

Not that I would know anything about that. I... uhh... heard it from a friend... :redface:

Yarizzle
06-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Awesome idea!

CrankyOldMan
06-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Why wait for 100k? I've been driving mine like I stole it since I bought it a year and a half ago. Warranty? lolwut?

barebonedvitz
06-21-2012, 04:06 AM

Ooooooooo Yeeaaaaaaaaaaa

keep us posted man! i drove mine to the ground as well.. maintenance is definitely the key :thumbsup:

i'm on my 2nd yaris right now and loving it! :drinking:

jamal1984
06-21-2012, 11:50 AM
yes the yaris can do 100+mph, but it's feel like Aladin on that carpet? hahahha it's freak me out several time, will try again when it's lowered.

oh yeah absolutely lowering will be my next project after wrapping it next week or so.

tooter
06-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Some of your guys are making a pretty good case for never buying a used car. :laugh:

Chuck G
06-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Some of your guys are making a pretty good case for never buying a used car. :laugh:

:biggrin:

carolinablue
06-22-2012, 05:38 AM
That is why I drive a new Yaris instead of a used BMW.
If someone else hasn't broken it you don't have to fix it.

TPA5
06-28-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't understand why you would do that. I mean if it's paid for and doesn't have any problems, why kill it? It's one thing to goof around and trash an old beater car, but a perfectly good car? I dunno. If you're that intent on hammering it, sell it to me haha.

Maybe I'm the only guy who actually likes having no debt.

nookandcrannycar
06-29-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't understand why you would do that. I mean if it's paid for and doesn't have any problems, why kill it? It's one thing to goof around and trash an old beater car, but a perfectly good car? I dunno. If you're that intent on hammering it, sell it to me haha.

Tooter was just being funny. Re your last statement, you aren't the only one. I also like having no debt. Tooter also paid cash for his Yaris. :biggrin:

nookandcrannycar
06-29-2012, 03:27 PM
That is why I drive a new Yaris instead of a used BMW.
If someone else hasn't broken it you don't have to fix it.

This ^^^^^. I (and all but one of the members of my extended family) adhere to this new car mantra. We, as a group, have purchased everything from a Sentra to a Lexus LX SUV. However, only a few share my 'don't drive it EXTREMELY hard, wring almost all of the depreciation out of it, then get many, many trouble free miles out of it without losing money, then repeat' philosophy. I think Tooter accomplished this with his Hyundai.

The only member of my family who bought a used car purchased a Certified Pre-Owned Lexus. Her dad sold his coin collection and distributed the proceeds evenly among his three kids. She took that money (even though she could have afforded the Lexus on her own) and put it with her Pontiac Bonneville as a trade in to get a Lexus GS sedan. Her husband TRIED to convince her to become a 'gas sipper' (as he is (2005 Civic Hybrid 5spd MT Sedan) AND WE YARISWORLD MEMBERS ARE). The kids are grown, so a small gas sipper would work. She still insisted on the GS sedan.

I have a few friends who, like my relative, have participated in the Certified Pre-Owned Lexus program. All of them have had great experiences, with TOYOTA living up to it's well deserved reputation. I think Toyota has done a stunning job re the execution of all the Lexus models in terms of quality, I just don't find the 'personality/driver orientation' that appealing re any of the models in the 'U.S. stable'.

daf62757
06-30-2012, 05:04 PM

Ooooooooo Yeeaaaaaaaaaaa

100k is the new 30k! You still have 200k to go! Don't sell yourself short! :burnrubber:

07typeS
06-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Yea you are crazy, i would love a new car, something different.. But this car has been the most reliable car i have owned.. Im driving this bad boy into the ground! haha

Chuck G
06-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Yea you are crazy, i would love a new car, something different.. But this car has been the most reliable car i have owned.. Im driving this bad boy into the ground! haha

That's a GREAT looking sedan!!

nookandcrannycar
06-30-2012, 09:19 PM

I agree. Overall, my Yaris is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Which amplifiers are you using in your system and which amplifiers are going to which speakers?

why?
07-02-2012, 08:15 PM

No debt is wonderful. But I don't think he wants to kill it, he just wants to drive it and not baby it. These cars are really fun to drive when you push them. It is good to enjoy that.

tooter
07-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Tooter was just being funny.

While I do enjoy joking around... :wink:

...I'm actually quite serious about not buying used cars because of getting the consequences of other people's driving attitudes dumped onto me.

I only buy new vehicles. :smile:

And whoever buys a used vehicle from me will get a old one to be sure... but they will also get one that was very well cared for. :thumbsup:

nookandcrannycar
07-04-2012, 07:01 PM
While I do enjoy joking around... :wink:

...I'm actually quite serious about not buying used cars because of getting the consequences of other people's driving attitudes dumped onto me.

I only buy new vehicles. :smile:

And whoever buys a used vehicle from me will get a old one to be sure... but they will also get one that was very well cared for. :thumbsup:

I just meant the joking part re the 'driving off a cliff once'. I realize you are quite serious re buying new cars and I share the same total philosophy and follow that philosophy.:thumbsup::biggrin:

Bredayaris
07-06-2012, 09:58 AM

I've once driven 122 mph with my diesel Yaris in Germany.
It's totally legal over there at the autobahn :biggrin:

The GPS was less enthousiastic though, 115 mph.

100 mph is easy with my diesel.

My boyfriend has the latest Yaris with the 1.3 petrol engine with the cvt gearbox. Because of the cvt gearbox the speed was limited at +/- 115 mph.

mirapatec
01-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Some people need a spanking. Just saying.