PDA

View Full Version : Variable Intermittent Wipers?

littledog
06-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Hi all,

Been thinking about getting a Yaris but I noticed that variable intermittent wipers are not available. I've read that in the previous generation you can use a wiper stalk from a Matrix to gain that feature. Is it the same case for the 2012+ Yaris too?

Also, how is the single wiper working? I am from Vancouver where it rains 9 months a year (in fact it is currently raining).

Thanks in advance!

edmscan
06-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Variable intermittent wipers would be nice. But really is it a show stopper ... probably not for most people.

I usually find that either the intermittent wipers or the next faster speed (normal wipers) is just about right for most circumstances.

I do know how you feel ... in Vancouver it would be a bigger issue than here on the prairies where it only rains for 1 month of the year.

Re the one wiper .. that to me would be an issue as well as I think it would have to work really hard to cope with the rain of the lower mainland.

But I still believe that the Yaris is a great car .. even if is doesn't have all the toys of some of the other Toyota models.

Scubaru Steve
06-24-2012, 09:39 PM
Variable intermittent wipers would be nice. But really is it a show stopper ... probably not for most people.

I usually find that either the intermittent wipers or the next faster speed (normal wipers) is just about right for most circumstances.

I do know how you feel ... in Vancouver it would be a bigger issue than here on the prairies where it only rains for 1 month of the year.

Re the one wiper .. that to me would be an issue as well as I think it would have to work really hard to cope with the rain of the lower mainland.

But I still believe that the Yaris is a great car .. even if is doesn't have all the toys of some of the other Toyota models.

variable intermitent is awesome, i hate not having it :frown: i think about it every time it rains.