PDA

View Full Version : What is the purpose of the Eco Driving indicator on the 2012 Yaris? What does it do?

matti
06-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks.

jpmck03
06-27-2012, 05:03 PM
On page 115 (http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/resources/owners-manuals):

muffin_top
06-27-2012, 07:47 PM
We 5 speeders get screwed on this deal.. :(

jpmck03
06-27-2012, 08:18 PM
We 5 speeders get screwed on this deal.. :(

'cause us five-speed fans already have that right foot finesse! None of that simple "stomp it and go!" stuff! :wink:

matti
06-27-2012, 09:56 PM
On page 115 (http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/resources/owners-manuals):

Thanks. I've got a 5-spd MT coming, so I guess I won't have to worry about it :)

mtiberio
06-28-2012, 09:29 AM
in the old days (real old days) we used to put vacuum gauges on our vehicles. They usually had a green section indicating high vacuum conditions and had it labeled as economy. See when you mash the throttle, the vacuum drops, and you get poor metering and mileage. When you run the motor with the throttle barely cracked, the motor has a very small straw to suck through, causing high vacuum conditions, and giving good mileage. I have noticed on my '12 automatic, that the light comes on when I'm not wasting gas (mashing on the pedal, but using reasonable throttle)... DOH

CPALK719
07-12-2012, 05:46 PM
in the old days (real old days) we used to put vacuum gauges on our vehicles. They usually had a green section indicating high vacuum conditions and had it labeled as economy. See when you mash the throttle, the vacuum drops, and you get poor metering and mileage. When you run the motor with the throttle barely cracked, the motor has a very small straw to suck through, causing high vacuum conditions, and giving good mileage. I have noticed on my '12 automatic, that the light comes on when I'm not wasting gas (mashing on the pedal, but using reasonable throttle)... DOH

yea i notice the same as well, while just cruising around, the light stays on but if i hit the gas to say jump into another lane, the light will go off and your obviously not driving eco like when you floor it lol

mirapatec
01-24-2013, 12:07 PM
With the AT, I actually like and appreciate the ECO light. It gives me an economical feeling, though I wish it was not so bright at night.

ciscobear
01-24-2013, 04:17 PM
That nonsense seems irritating LOL....I wonder about car designers.

So I stomp out of every corner, drive like a clown and somehow expect economy? I like the part about disabling it :)