PDA

View Full Version : IT'S ALLLLLIIIIIIIIIIVVVVEEEE!!!!!!

turboyaris
02-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey guys just thought I would post and let you know that the car is up and running. I am leaving at 630 wed. morning to head out there to take a look at it. I am sure we will be putting out more videos. and other information but for now. Here you go... http://www.zeropointindustries.net/gallery/videos/turboyaris
I'm happy with the exhaust and all it sounds nice, I can't wait to drive it!!!

eTiMaGo
02-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Oh boy...

This is the start of a new era :biggrin:

And Damn! I won't be the first one here with a turbo... stupid phone...

Nutzoids
02-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Congratulations man... Can wait to race you!

Englishtown look out... This summer the Yarii will be invading!

:evil:

turboyaris
02-27-2007, 10:30 PM
haha my first official show will be the Toyo Tires Import Survival Series 1 at Englishtown on March 18th. I will probably be at Atco once or twice before then. As far as anyone in the south, I will be leaving Louisville headed for Florida for a week. Through Atlanta so if you see me on the road or want to meet up, just let me know.

eTiMaGo
02-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Niiiiiice video :biggrin:

Well to be honest I think the Japanese turbo'd this car way before... but it miught just be the world's first turbo Yaris Sedan!

PetersRedYaris
02-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Is that the rev limiter causing the engine to cut out?

turboyaris
02-27-2007, 10:35 PM
haha yea i didnt make the video and I think AEM made a SEMA sedan thats turboed or at least thats what Why Industries shows in their pictures. But im pretty sure its the first privately owned one or whatever haha. I just wanna be the fastest 4dr Yaris in the world haha

turboyaris
02-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Is that the rev limiter causing the engine to cut out?
probably, as you saw I just have the stock wheels and stock tires on it as of now, I didn't want to salt up my rims on the long winter drive. You can tell the tires broke loose real easily and the tires don't make much noise so it was probably spinning for a while. With that being said it has the Greddy E-manage so yea I would say its the rev limiter.

yrsdrgn
02-27-2007, 11:02 PM
That's a really nice video. Too bad you weren't the first to drive it. Mad props to the Zpi folk who made it possible and props to you for letting it be the first turboed Yaris out there :thumbsup:
:bow: :bow: :bow:

turboyaris
02-27-2007, 11:07 PM
yea i know but the car had to be tuned and all... so clearly i couldnt be the first to drive it haha... you can expect me to push the envelope too I won't just stop after receiving my car back, i have a lot of ideas.....

ZPIracing
02-27-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah I don't think it is the first, we tend to forget this is a world car. This is the first video I have seen....You know SEMA cars who knows if they run. Yes at the end of the video the bouncing off rev limiter i simply did not shift we ran out of road.

This car runs very well, I am very pleased with how fast the car is, above 3500 this things rips breaking the tires lose in 2nd are not an issue.

We got a pretty solid tune on the car tonight it runs very well. The basis of the kit are below let know what you think. We built duplicates of everything we will have this kit in stock and for sale by the end of next week. We have been turbo charging this engine for 18months now so the r&d time is already done. We know what it can and can not handle. It took a lot of design time to insure the heat from the turbo will not affect the ecu which is mounted on the fire wall. I will be posting some official pics tomorrow.

MHI/ZPI 14B
ZPI t-304 polished intercooler piping
ZPI Hi flow air filter
ZPI plug and play injectors
ZPI oil lines
ZPI bar and plate FMIC
ZPI 4ply couplers
ZPI Tig welded turbo manifold
ZPI down pipe
ZPI 38mm external wastegate
ZPI dump tube
all brackets, bolts, clamps etc

The kit will come pre-tuned and ready to roll. ZPI always suggets getting the car tuned in your area.

eTiMaGo
02-27-2007, 11:28 PM
So are we looking at the same kind of horsepower as the xB kit, i.e. peak of 180ish?

turboyaris
02-27-2007, 11:30 PM
last i talked to them thats what they were hoping for, hopefully we get a chance to visit the dyno while I'm down there, if not I will be heading to car v2 when i return from florida. So we will have some numbers for you real soon.

yrsdrgn
02-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Okay so it might not be the first but it is one of the first in the NA turned FI engines for a Yaris sedan in the current time.:thumbsup:

eTiMaGo
02-27-2007, 11:33 PM
true, at any rate, it's just downright cool :thumbsup:

yrsdrgn
02-27-2007, 11:38 PM
I agree

redglare45
02-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Oh man!!.......that is AWESOME!!! :burnrubber:

CASTREX
02-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Congrats!!! :thumbup:

Lafiro
02-28-2007, 11:15 AM
I want 200whp for my automatic sadan.

jdubau55
02-28-2007, 06:13 PM
I think about 230-240 would be perfect....it would give the Yaris a rather nice hp\lb ratio.

Galavoxx
02-28-2007, 06:39 PM
:thumbup: Looks amazing. I also want one.

eco
02-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Ive hit the 115mph limit 4 times already.thatr sucks,this thing need to be bypassed cheaply soon.

machine1
03-01-2007, 12:16 AM
Good work!

DollaZo
03-01-2007, 01:12 AM
nice... but how much are we looking at for a kit like this?

spkrman
03-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Ive hit the 115mph limit 4 times already.thatr sucks,this thing need to be bypassed cheaply soon.

I've been past 115?

Turboyaris - AWESOME!!!!!

Once the numbers come out I may have to be in touch with ZPI :cool:

spkrman
03-01-2007, 02:09 AM
nice... but how much are we looking at for a kit like this?

perhaps this can be used as a guide?

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/store/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=211

I'd like to see the cost a little lower to make it more accesible, but, it is what it is.

Razr
03-01-2007, 02:13 AM
Too cool!

Will be interesting to see some dyno figures and a 1/4 mile time :P

Sabretooth
03-01-2007, 03:55 AM
Already saving my pennies as we speak, would be nice to hit my LB with one...

Awesome video, would like to see Dyno results to actually see the increase...

When you hit the Track, record it, so we know about what were looking at for Q-mile times.

:burnrubber:

nester
03-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Sorry about that "world's first thing", it was late, and yeah.. :)

ROCKLANDTOYOTA
03-01-2007, 07:46 PM
haha my first official show will be the Toyo Tires Import Survival Series 1 at Englishtown on March 18th. .
i'll meet up with you but will you be show or go????

turboyaris
03-01-2007, 08:17 PM
I believe its mostly a go day I mean I will be showing my car simply because I'm sure people will be asking about it. I am not sure which class I will be running in yet. Probably bracket racing since I don't think I could compete heads up in a 4cylinder power adder class. I think a turbo and nos evo would have me beat haha. I am mainly just going to race the car and get some numbers.

sqcomp
03-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Think about it differently, like a Mini. Our vehicles are NOT going to compete head to head with the SRT, STi and EVO. Bigger engines, and AWD in two cases. Saying that, you can work the handling issue! Look at what the mini does in Speed World Touring. It can out handle the bigger cars. If we could strip this car down, you're probably talking a 2000 lb car. That's MR2, Lotus Exige territory. Saying that, a Dutch Moton or Swedish Ohlins might give you guys a BIG ol eldge on some curvy roads with the supercharger.

jdubau55
03-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Think about it differently, like a Mini. Our vehicles are NOT going to compete head to head with the SRT, STi and EVO. Bigger engines, and AWD in two cases. Saying that, you can work the handling issue! Look at what the mini does in Speed World Touring. It can out handle the bigger cars. If we could strip this car down, you're probably talking a 2000 lb car. That's MR2, Lotus Exige territory. Saying that, a Dutch Moton or Swedish Ohlins might give you guys a BIG ol eldge on some curvy roads with the supercharger.

Agreed. Mr. Mustang can get me all day in a straight line and I wouldn't care. Put me and him on the twisties though....he will def care when he loses. Can't get some handles in the whip.