PDA

View Full Version : why change nice set of rims during winter?

Blenjar
03-01-2007, 09:09 PM
i dunno why people change there rims during winter time...tires I understand but why rims? than why did u buy it? dont u wanna show it off?

-- Blen

Black Yaris
03-01-2007, 09:30 PM
2 sets of wheels and tires are so that you do not have to pay $20-50 and take an hour out of your time to get them swapped everytime you want to switch them back for winter/summer. makes perfect sence to me, why would you want to drive in the salt/snow slurry (salt water+aluminum wheel=oxidation) that is why you drive on cheep wheels in the winter in the north

eco
03-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Correct,I used to live in Philly,and all the smart people went to steelies in the winter.

mikeukrainetz
03-01-2007, 11:07 PM
theres a few guys ive noiced here with magnums and 300's with chrome 22's on them all winter. they dont look so hot by winters end...

spkrman
03-02-2007, 01:32 AM
theres a few guys ive noiced here with magnums and 300's with chrome 22's on them all winter. they dont look so hot by winters end...

Its a "trend" here...

If you keep the rims on, it means you've got the $.

ChinoCharles
03-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Also, if you live in an area where it snows a lot, wear your pretty little rims through a few winters and see how pretty they are afterwards. Salt and chrome don't exactly get along.

mikeukrainetz
03-02-2007, 11:19 AM
like spkrman says, they must have the dough.... cause most of the rims Ive seen after worn during winter look like shit. so they either have too much money and just buy new rims every year or two or they went broke spending piles of cash on rims and couldnt afford winters.

jdubau55
03-02-2007, 04:33 PM
I don't care how much money they have now. Being dumb like that, they won't have it for long because they don't use their money wisely.

Blenjar
03-02-2007, 06:03 PM
so prob better getting a set of black matte rims for winter or sumthin..

-- Blen

RogueYaris
03-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Yeah, just use some steelies. I used to change my rims when I lived in Germany. I had a set of summer tires on decent rims and a nice set of safe winter tires on crappy normal rims. Who cares what your rims look like when you can't see them because of the snow?

HTM Yaris
03-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Yeah , just use your stock steelies with the stock goodyears . I'm really impressed with the stock 185/15's . Besides the skinny tire will cut throught the mud/snow/slush/rain alot better than a wider tire . Check my avatar :)

If you really want to have alot of fun , take your yaris to dirt/gravel road :) You will feel like you are in a WRC car . The solid rear beam makes the car drift like crazy .............seriously :) Just make sure you use the 185/15's