PDA

View Full Version : dyno results are in!!!!

turboyaris
03-02-2007, 12:07 AM
http://www.zeropointindustries.net/gallery/videos/yarisdyno Well guys results are in and we hit what we expected... We ran about 10 runs and every single one was right in the same range. The only thing was we were also running a very rich tune. It ranged from 9.5:1 to 10:1. So these are just priliminary numbers, kenny talked me into staying an extra day and we are headed back tomorrow to tune the car on the dyno with a much better tune setup. We would have done that today but kenny forgot the emanage cable.. DUH!!! haha. The dyno we ran on was a mustang dyno. I hope the video gives you a good idea of what the car will sound like and everything else, if you have any other questions feel free to ask away, and also be ready for some even better numbers and some charts tomorrow.

RogueYaris
03-02-2007, 12:19 AM
OMFG!! 179HP! I'd love to have one but my broke student ass couldn't afford it. I should get a cardboard sign saying "I need a turbo for my Yaris" and stand by an offramp.

turboyaris
03-02-2007, 12:20 AM
that could work.... or you could just go in debt like i did hahaha its all well worth it for the shock factor... and the speed!!!

Nimble
03-02-2007, 12:36 AM
Very nice work! sounds sweet, and makes me miss my chipped MKV GTI.

PetersRedYaris
03-02-2007, 12:39 AM
Holy Sweetness!!! I love that sound of a turbo spooling up, and the exhaust sounds great, can't wait for mine.

Kaotic Lazagna
03-02-2007, 01:00 AM
OMFG!! 179HP! I'd love to have one but my broke student ass couldn't afford it. I should get a cardboard sign saying "I need a turbo for my Yaris" and stand by an offramp.

i'll be there standing right next to you. :laugh:

Kaotic Lazagna
03-02-2007, 01:00 AM
yeah, i like the sound of the exhaust too. my friend also likes it.

spkrman
03-02-2007, 01:48 AM
hotness :)

tekmoe
03-02-2007, 02:33 AM
179. thats great for a peak number. but can we see the actual charts please?

turboyaris
03-02-2007, 07:08 AM
you will get to see the charts posted today, like I said we kinda had a hole in our tuning map where around 4000rpms at which point our afr dropped from 10:1 down to 9.5:1, at the same time we saw a drop of about 20 ft lbs of torque. We didn't see it necessary to post these charts as the car wasn't fully tuned. I feel that our torque number will increase at this point which is key because it is in the middle of our power band. We just have to optimize the maps a little bit better so that your basic tune that comes with the kit is much better. The other cool thing that kenny told me was he leaned out the off boost driving, so when you cruise down the highway expect to get even better gas mileage. :biggrin: Be looking for more info today guys as I will be sure to keep you updated. I can't wait to feel the even bigger increase in midrange power.

Lafiro
03-02-2007, 07:30 AM
I would have liked 200 better.

But still thats what a 70% increase from stock?

I'm all for it as a sadan a/m trans owner :)

turboyaris
03-02-2007, 08:31 AM
I don't think you will be dissappointed with 180 whp haha believe me its fast... another thing to remember is this is on standard 93 octane I think we will have a better idea today or total capabilities on street gas. If its 200 you want all you'd really have to do then is get some racing gas and a tune for it and I'm sure you could hit 200 whp. If you want that on 93 octane, you will need one other supporting mod that you will probably find out about shortly... muuuhahahahaha :evil:

ChinoCharles
03-02-2007, 10:00 AM
70% increase? Thats a 100% increase in WHP. Ridiculous.

How much boost are you running? Do you have multiple settings loaded in that eManage or are you running 180 WHP all the time?

CASTREX
03-02-2007, 10:38 AM
I want , I want, I waaaaaant

sqcomp
03-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Interesting. Can you tell us what the mods are to the vehicle? What is the weight...after all that's one of the primes in vehicle racing, power to weight.

180 someodd Hp @ 2500 lbs..., with a good hookup on street tires you should be seeing 14-15 second quarter. MAYBE a high 13...maybe. DRs or slicks should be able to take a half second maybe more off that.

Where's the power band? Is it wide? You said you were running rich. perhaps a little boost here, some timing there and you could squeak out another bit of Hp. What about the intercooler? You're running one...meth injection on it? That'll DEFINATELY help on 93 octane.

More info! I'm not going to do something like that, I've already learned my lesson with my daily driver (SRT-4), but I am definately interested.

Here's a wicked idea...We have DOHCs right? You CAN make it a TT...

Think about it, running lower boost smaller, quicker turbos, very little lag. Hell, they just did it with the SRT-4 and it's not too expensive either. The ones on the SRT-4s aren't any more expensive than the TRD superchargers. You've already got a standalone don't you? Injector size? What spark are you running to the engine? You've probably got plenty of air, are you working with a 2 1/2" in or a 3"?

I think I covered it...fuel, fire and air. Here's something to get your mind going, the pic is huge so I just gave the link:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32714&d=1166776795

...All right...

I can't stand it! What are the REAL numbers besides the F/A ratio. What's your compression at max boost? You're running these #'s on stock internals? Do you have an oil pressure reading? What about your fuel flow? Not to say it can't be done...just watch yourselves though.

redglare45
03-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Those are some GREAT preliminary numbers turboyaris :thumbsup: .

neohalo
03-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Wow i'm shock, great numbers, what is going to be the base price for this kit?

nester
03-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Car has ~5000 miles.

It has larger injectors, emanage, a full 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust from the turbo back, clutch, lightweight crank pulley and some lowering springs.

Stock motor, pump gas, no meth, it has a smaller intercooler than what we run on the xB, but it's plenty for the power level.

CASTREX
03-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Car has ~5000 miles.

It has larger injectors, emanage, a full 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust from the turbo back, clutch, lightweight crank pulley and some lowering springs.

Stock motor, pump gas, no meth, it has a smaller intercooler than what we run on the xB, but it's plenty for the power level.

What exactly would include the ZPI kit?
Do you already have an estimate $$$ ???

sqcomp
03-02-2007, 01:25 PM
What's your boost level? I'd wish for lower boost levels BUT having seen N/A conversions, I'd imagine we're talking 10-14 lbs?

The pulley replacement is a logical thing. I like that. Doing anything with the stock motor mounts? Not being a supercharging guy, how does the idea of a larger (bored out) throttle body and polished instake manifold sound? Make it smooooooooth.

The meth injection might be a smart thing. Might look at a crank scraper and a fuel return line. I'm not overly familiar with the Yaris engine. Actually I need to stay away from it...I'll get myself into trouble. I'll just stick with stereos and my friend's turbos.

Just BE CAREFUL! I hate hearing about engines self-destructing. Keep that boost manageable.

largeorangefont
03-02-2007, 02:17 PM
What did the car baseline on that dyno?

It definately sounds good. What are you using for engine managment? Have you adjusted timing yet?

Ashley

largeorangefont
03-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Interesting. Can you tell us what the mods are to the vehicle? What is the weight...after all that's one of the primes in vehicle racing, power to weight.

180 someodd Hp @ 2500 lbs..., with a good hookup on street tires you should be seeing 14-15 second quarter. MAYBE a high 13...maybe. DRs or slicks should be able to take a half second maybe more off that.

Where's the power band? Is it wide? You said you were running rich. perhaps a little boost here, some timing there and you could squeak out another bit of Hp. What about the intercooler? You're running one...meth injection on it? That'll DEFINATELY help on 93 octane.

More info! I'm not going to do something like that, I've already learned my lesson with my daily driver (SRT-4), but I am definately interested.

Here's a wicked idea...We have DOHCs right? You CAN make it a TT...

Think about it, running lower boost smaller, quicker turbos, very little lag. Hell, they just did it with the SRT-4 and it's not too expensive either. The ones on the SRT-4s aren't any more expensive than the TRD superchargers. You've already got a standalone don't you? Injector size? What spark are you running to the engine? You've probably got plenty of air, are you working with a 2 1/2" in or a 3"?

I think I covered it...fuel, fire and air. Here's something to get your mind going, the pic is huge so I just gave the link:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32714&d=1166776795

...All right...

I can't stand it! What are the REAL numbers besides the F/A ratio. What's your compression at max boost? You're running these #'s on stock internals? Do you have an oil pressure reading? What about your fuel flow? Not to say it can't be done...just watch yourselves though.

There is not going to be any "lag" in a traditional sence, but it will just pick up on the top end since tha car has high compression and is really an NA car. The question is when does the car achive full boost? Put it in 4th at 35 MPH or so, hit WOT and tell us at what RPM the car hits full boost, and what that boost # is. There is no need for twin turbos on this car. All you need is a properly sized turbo and you will hit full boost under 3000 RPM and hold it to redline.

Ashley

Galavoxx
03-02-2007, 02:24 PM
The sound is sooo sweeet. I'm going to have to start saving.

Vic-2NZFE
03-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Freeking sexy i say :w00t: , just watch out with the boost or it will blow the thing out, how much boost are you currently runing?

The video is sweet :biggrin:

sqcomp
03-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Obviously there's not going to be any lag...it's a S/C. I was just floating the idea of a TT setup on a DOHC vehicle. I might agree with you about the "no need" for TTs on this vehicle. Technically since the engine isn't engineered for speed and power, there's no need for a S/C either. The top end power won't be there like it would from a turbo but still, it is there. This is why looking at the numbers and graphs would help us make decisions.

The TT argument could go on for a while.

When you say "proper sized turbo" you mean what will give the mean performance. The middle ground of boost lag and overall boost pressure. Hell, there's no need for a TT setup on a Supra, a 300z, a WRX or EVO...but they're out there.

An example is the SRT, give a good manifold with twin stockers and you have just as much output as a big "laggy" turbo with faster spool. Port and clip those babys and you're going to be screaming. Tell me the sound alone wouldn't give a chub or two! On the other hand, they made that 2.4L for a turbo application. DCR is working with at least 500 Hp on the twin Mitsu stockers at a faster spool than a GT30 or GT35.

I like the open ended discussion though. Please, don't get the idea that I'm trying to shoot it down. Having seen heads blow from too much boost...I just want you guys to BE CAREFUL!!!

07typeS
03-02-2007, 04:34 PM
i think i just messed my pants.............

jdubau55
03-02-2007, 04:50 PM
What is important here is that as more and more people do get this, that will lead to more and more people taking notice and making more and better parts for the Yaris. I see this turbo app now where is the guy going with the NA build. Id love to see be able to have my Yaris scream up to about a 10k rpm redline. Someone need to hook up with JUN or Top Secret and have them tune the Yaris. Awesome results btw.

sqcomp
03-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Get AEM to do the EMS for the Yaris and you'll have 10K ability. You'll have to re-work the entire engine though from top to bottom...

I agree with the tuning idea. Demand is the mother of invention!

nester
03-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Get AEM to do the EMS for the Yaris and you'll have 10K ability. You'll have to re-work the entire engine though from top to bottom...

I agree with the tuning idea. Demand is the mother of invention!
The problem with the AEM is no DBW support.. So you're going to have hard wire in a EMS, while keeping your stock ECU for drive by wire.. which is no fun..

Or convert to a cable throttle, which is still no picnic.. Wiring nightmare.

I also don't think you're going to be spinning a stock motor to 10k. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.. or something..

nester
03-02-2007, 07:51 PM
http://www.zeropointindustries.net/gallery/albums/DynoCharts/yaris_dyno_tq.jpg

nester
03-02-2007, 07:56 PM
What's your boost level? I'd wish for lower boost levels BUT having seen N/A conversions, I'd imagine we're talking 10-14 lbs?

The pulley replacement is a logical thing. I like that. Doing anything with the stock motor mounts? Not being a supercharging guy, how does the idea of a larger (bored out) throttle body and polished instake manifold sound? Make it smooooooooth.

The meth injection might be a smart thing. Might look at a crank scraper and a fuel return line. I'm not overly familiar with the Yaris engine. Actually I need to stay away from it...I'll get myself into trouble. I'll just stick with stereos and my friend's turbos.

Just BE CAREFUL! I hate hearing about engines self-destructing. Keep that boost manageable.

Boost is between 7.5psi and 8psi. Nothing on the motor mounts. Can't port the manifold, it's plastic.. Throttle body, maybe, but it has a lot of ($$$) electronics in it..

Return style fuel system is only needed if you want to be able to bump the fuel pressure from stock, which is not really needed at this power level with these injectors.. The stock pump and fuel lines will flow fine at this level.

jdubau55
03-02-2007, 08:14 PM
All I can say is.....this is the beginning of a REALLY good thing.

jamal1984
03-02-2007, 08:47 PM
is this turbo thing will fuck your car up really fast? i mean i got no idea how turbo works and last in your car?

ZPIracing
03-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Ok guys I just read thru a lot of this so I will try to answer as many questions as I can if I miss one let me know.

Reliability:

A turbo car is as reliable as the tune, we have turbo tC with over 60k on it and our personal turbo xb with 40k of pure hell put through it these cars are on stock engines and our in perfect running order. If a car is tuned well with a well designed kit the car should last a very long time with an aftermarket turbo kit. I know we have all heard horror stories and I am sure the Yaris world will be no different. Just remember that it is what you make it, if you can’t afford to play then don’t.

You should only turbo the car when you have the ability to buy all the parts that are needed to make it run correctly. Most of this is included in the kit but you get the idea.

Performance

Our Yaris kits add roughly 100whp to mix; this will make for an exceptionally fast car taking in to consideration the weight. Low 14 high 13 ¼ passes are a reality with tires and a good driver.

This kit you will see some lag below 3k this is very minimal and the car accelerates so fast that you are not here for very long.

This kit will come on .6 bar roughly 6.5-7psi. This kit will add 2-5mpg to your already unreal gas mileage when driven in off boost settings (highway)

Price & availability

We will have these kits in stock at the end of next week. We have not decided on pricing yet but you can expect it to be in the 3-4k range. This will be a bolt on kit including everything needed to install and operate this kit. This is not like some of the other kits on the market that do not include fuel tuning components.

Stays tuned to ZPIracing.net for updates and let us know if you have any other questions. I am sure there are 100 grammatical errors in this post I am sorry it is late and I suck at English.

sqcomp
03-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Nice. Do you see those boost levels as the max...or rather the most you feel comfortable with going to for reliability?

Indeed...I think I called that 1/4 time. I would imagine that you'd rather use a wider street tire, DR or slick to get those 13 second times. The stock tires are NOT the first tire I'd choose to go racing with.

Strip the yaris down do some good suspension work like coilovers, sways, struts and some chassis braces underneath you could have a fun little SCCA car. As for the 1/4 mile...I guarantee you could probably sucker some rube into a few bucks by beating him in his civic SI or by beating the spread on estimates of your 1/4 mile time!

What ZPI said is absolutely TRUE! "if you can’t afford to play then don’t"! I have seen SO many kids crying about thier cars breaking when they push them hard. Be prepared for circumstances that are unforseen.

This is EXACLTY why you won't see me touching the engine of my Yaris. Not that I can't afford it, rather I DON'T want to. On the other hand, the stereo system and the vehicle's electrical system are my domain. I'm in full control there.

Bottom line guys, keep ahead of what you're doing, don't let Mr. Murphy kick you in your a$$! Let's see some more.

eTiMaGo
03-03-2007, 03:41 AM
Dammit still need to save up a few months to get myself some turbine action... and then... :burnrubber:

ZPI guys, a couple of questions if I may, and this might be of interest to others too.

I've been going through your site and looking at the stuff you have for the xA/xB, and I'm quite interested in the potential with the low compression pistons and a turbo kit. What kind of gains have you guys managed with this combination? And what about with the Stage 1 head?

jdubau55
03-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Im not sure how strong the other internals are BUT once you go with low comp pistons you better start building the bottom end all together. I would say the thing to do is find you a wrecked Yaris and rape the motor out of it for cheap. Build that thing up in a spare room of your house over the winter. Then swap it in come spring.

Nutzoids
03-03-2007, 10:00 AM
:drool:

:evil:

nester
03-03-2007, 11:10 AM
The rods and pistons would allow you to run more boost, and make more power safely.

07typeS
03-03-2007, 04:47 PM
I had some questions. For someone who has never installed a turbo but has more than enough experience on cars(ive removed power steering pumps, water pumps, alternators, starters, swapped stock exhaust manifolds with headers, tons of wiring experience)how hard is the install? How long does it take? full day? weekend? can all this be done without removing tons of parts from the car? im sure removing the wiper blades, trim, wiper motor and that big sheet metal piece would make the install tons easier.....

It looked like a 5 speed in the dyno video, what are your thoughts on the auto? any things to worry about?

Nimble
03-03-2007, 06:01 PM
It looked like a 5 speed in the dyno video, what are your thoughts on the auto? any things to worry about?

yeah, it blowing to pieces. Can you imagine a econocar auto running 200hp when it was built economicall for 100? Not pretty. Besides, unless you're running 1000hp Supras or muscle cars, turboing a auto is lame....well, about as lame as auto cars in the first place.

PetersRedYaris
03-03-2007, 11:37 PM
is this turbo thing will fuck your car up really fast? i mean i got no idea how turbo works and last in your car?

Speak english!

forpinks
03-04-2007, 01:10 AM
DID SOMEONE SAY THAT THIS TURBO KIT WILL BOOST YOUR FUEL ECONOMY?

IF SO.... IM ON MY WAY TO THE BANK!!!:thumbsup:

Will this be cheaper on group buy? and you guys at ZPI should sell an -
"install kit only" without a Turbo with it... just suggesting so that more people would buy it because they can get a used turbo from their EVO buddies for a price of a Nintendo Wii!!!

sqcomp
03-04-2007, 01:59 AM
If you're going to do pistons, you might as well ceramic coat them along with coating and replacing the valves and valve springs. Anyone done a head and cams for this little engine...is there a windage tray kit for this engine? Heck, go hardcore and do a 5 angle jobbie on the head.

07typeS
03-04-2007, 02:42 AM
yeah, it blowing to pieces. Can you imagine a econocar auto running 200hp when it was built economicall for 100? Not pretty. Besides, unless you're running 1000hp Supras or muscle cars, turboing a auto is lame....well, about as lame as auto cars in the first place.

lol dude come drive a 5 speed in la and see how long til you get tired of it.

and my question was how strong is the auto tranny, less or more than the 5 speed? they were both built for a 100hp engine so whats your point in that?

id appreciate someone actually answering some of my questions. thanks guys

turboyaris
03-04-2007, 03:31 AM
Sorry I haven't been getting back to you guys.. I have been really busy and am kinda on vacation but I will try to be on to post some messages here and there.... Alright here goes the final dyno results we made 182 whp and 184 ft lbs of torque. As was already iterated the tune is safe we ran between a 11.2 and 11.6 for AFR which is safe and would keep you from blowing up your engine. The wastegate is controlled by the internal spring and is not adjustable by the owner unless you were to install a boost controller.
Yes you will get better fuel economy because Kenny was able to lean out the stock map in a safe way. I received about a 3-5 mpg increase in my drive down to Florida so it definatly gets better mileage.
As far as the stock auto tranny is concerned I am almost certain Zpi has done their turbo kit on the xb in an auto before but that would be easily solved by a quick call to them on monday but i am willing to bet that I remember hearing that. If not they deal with a guy that can make you upgraded valve bodies should you decide to increase your power levels beyond that.

As far as selling just the kit minus the turbo, it would be silly the turbo isnt that expensive to begin with, so then buying an old one off of a mitsubishi is a risky move as its seals could easily be bad, plus why be cheap about it. If you are going to buy a turbo kit for a brand new car wouldnt you want everything to be brand new just seems logical to me.
You can possibly run more boost on the stock engine they have had their XBs running 12 psi without a problem, on slicks at the track they did however snap an axle with that setup. So yes it is possible they just don't want to sell a kit for 12 psi because they aren't sure how long the engine can last at those levels. The more you boost the more a stock engine gets fatigued so that boost level was chosen to keep it safe and reliable.
Their is plenty you could do if you wanted to do a full engine build, it is more possible then you think as most of the parts are available to do a full build they just require some research and maybe a couple one off parts.
Thats about all i can come up with for now. If there are more questions fire away or pm me or whatever.

sqcomp
03-04-2007, 10:12 AM
What what just said is VERY important.

When you guys buy this kit, keep it at it's predetermined level. As I'm reading, there are several options to raise boost level. The thing I'm reading that scares me is the Xb's axles *BREAKING* with slicks at 12 lbs.

This means that the vehicles they're going on ARE NOT DESIGNED for the increase in tourque and horsepower. I've heard of axles breaking on my old SRT at 450+ horsepower. I'm not trying to be a downer, I'm just saying BE CAREFUL with your investment.

It might not be a bad investment to send your tranny out to a place like Perfomance Autowerks to rework your internals. Is there a compny that offers beefier axles for the Yaris?

Remember, your vehicle is going to be ONLY as good as it's weakest point. As ZPI has said, you need to pay to play.

nester
03-04-2007, 11:14 AM
I had some questions. For someone who has never installed a turbo but has more than enough experience on cars(ive removed power steering pumps, water pumps, alternators, starters, swapped stock exhaust manifolds with headers, tons of wiring experience)how hard is the install? How long does it take? full day? weekend? can all this be done without removing tons of parts from the car? im sure removing the wiper blades, trim, wiper motor and that big sheet metal piece would make the install tons easier.....

The install is not really that hard. The kit will include all the piping, bolts, nuts, clamps, etc. I would imagine the install would be an all day affair in the garage, but you might split it up over a weekend.

We put the turbo on from the bottom/side of the car, by removing the passeneger side wheel and sliding the axle out.. Which sounds worse than it might be.

Wiring is ~12 wires, only one of which has to be cut. The rest are splices.

If the automatic stayed the same between the xB and the Yaris, I wouldn't expect any problems. We've installed about 5 xB kits on autos and they run great. You can install a tranny cooler for added safety, and we'll be releasing a valve body upgrade in the next couple weeks. An upgraded torque converter is also a real reality, if we get enough interest.

To the person who suggested a no-turbo kit, the evo has a different flange than a typical mitsu. The cost difference between a kit with no turbo and a regular kit would be about $400.

nester
03-04-2007, 11:18 AM
What what just said is VERY important.

When you guys buy this kit, keep it at it's predetermined level. As I'm reading, there are several options to raise boost level. The thing I'm reading that scares me is the Xb's axles *BREAKING* with slicks at 12 lbs.

This means that the vehicles they're going on ARE NOT DESIGNED for the increase in tourque and horsepower. I've heard of axles breaking on my old SRT at 450+ horsepower. I'm not trying to be a downer, I'm just saying BE CAREFUL with your investment.

It might not be a bad investment to send your tranny out to a place like Perfomance Autowerks to rework your internals. Is there a compny that offers beefier axles for the Yaris?

Remember, your vehicle is going to be ONLY as good as it's weakest point. As ZPI has said, you need to pay to play.

You can't compare a yaris to a SRT4, really.. Well, I guess you can.. SRT-4 comes out of the box with about 200-220hp.. You double that to 440, and you break axles..

xB comes out of the box with about 90hp, you increase that to 200hp, you break an axle when you accidently dump the clutch on slicks.

There are axles for the xB/xA. I don't know if they are bolt in for the Yaris.. Rated for 500hp, so I've heard.. :)

nester
03-04-2007, 11:26 AM
I also think more importantly than talking about the dyno numbers is how the car drives..

The car is a quick little booger... and with the stock hubcaps and the intercooler tucked away, it's a sleeper for sho.

One, if they were so inclined, could put a 5psi spring in there, with a AEM tru-boost, drive around on 5psi all the time, and then turn it up to 8psi when they're feeling froggy.

sqcomp
03-04-2007, 11:35 AM
:smoking:

Double that HP over what the car was designed to do...

jdubau55
03-04-2007, 11:50 AM
One, if they were so inclined, could put a 5psi spring in there, with a AEM tru-boost, drive around on 5psi all the time, and then turn it up to 8psi when they're feeling froggy.

Could this be an add on option? I think 5psi would be more than enough for everyday driving in this car. How well will the stock map work outside stock boost levels?

nester
03-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Yes, I would recommend the addition of the Greddy Pressure Sensor. With that, we can tune based off boost and not off throttle position sensor. That way you don't have to retune when you turn up the boost..

forpinks
03-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Is it possible to lower or control the turbo power with a switch if driving on the "streets" so I wont be able to spin my wheels to much?

Because if the yaris get a 5.7-6KG per HP its going to spin the tires quite often coz it doesnt have TCS... and it will attract cop attention for thinkin Im a street racer "which Im not"LOL!

and will the Blitz RViT monitor/tuner interfere with the E-Manage it comes with?

also did you guys try a smog test on it yet?

I might get this kit on June...

nester
03-04-2007, 02:36 PM
We have no smog or emissions here.

Not sure about the blitz box.. I would recommend a 5psi wastegate spring, along with a boost controller.

forpinks
03-04-2007, 03:22 PM
We have no smog or emissions here.

Not sure about the blitz box.. I would recommend a 5psi wastegate spring, along with a boost controller.

I live in Las Vegas so Im not sure if they'll let me have it installed in my car and their quite strict here like SOCAL... once I got my Corolla S Smog checked with a SIMOTA CAI and Fujita filter without a CARB exempt sticker, they told me to take it off and just reintall it after the check because it didnt pass coz of that...

ROCKLANDTOYOTA
03-04-2007, 03:27 PM
182/184 is what kind of 1/4 mile numbers?????

07typeS
03-04-2007, 04:09 PM
more than likely its going to be mid-low 14's and possible high 13's in perfect conditions with slicks and a very experienced driver......id be happy with sub 15 1/4 mile times, especially keeping the killer gas mileage and the ability to stomp on most civic, an acura rsx type s, and some other cars.....

i like the thought of runnin 5psi with the ability to up it when you want 2.......i think 5psi with a solid tune would be perfect for longevity's sake, enough passing power, and also the ability to up the boost whenever you want 2......

i think that would be a great option

and thanks for the answers on the automatic........i think the tranny cooler would be a good idea just for piece of mind......i had one on my previous car along with a tranny temp gauge and the cooler dropped temps an average of 20-25 degrees......

this kit, boost controller, and an a-pillar with boost, tranny temp, and oil pressure gauges...........man that sounds like a beautiful thing lol.........

jdubau55
03-04-2007, 08:22 PM
I think a custom pod cluster inside the driverside glove box with a custom plexiglass cutout to see them.

turboyaris
03-05-2007, 09:57 AM
hey guys just another quick installment since you guys are wondering how fast the yaris is... I havent been to the track yet because i havent had a chance to go, however, I was out messing around with my friends last night one drives a stage 2 srt 4 the other a ws6 with an exhaust. We did from a roll and from the line with the srt 4 and from the roll with the ws6. The ws6 had a jump on me off the roll because i hadn't built boost yet. But after I did I caught back up and passed it. As for the SRT4 It was a very close race, my buddy "claims" he mis shifted second.... but I didn't hear anything and I wound up beating him... so just to give you some performance ideas on the car... Either way win or lose to either of those cars just keeping up with them would give you mad respect... haha I can't wait to take it the the track and get some real numbers.

p.s. I was still on stock rubber while they both have rims and sticky tires. :evil:

07typeS
03-05-2007, 10:39 AM
I think I need to stop reading this thread. Cause everytime I hear something like that last post, I can feel my wallet opening up even more lol. Id be more than happy to just keep up with an srt-4 let alone a stage 2. And speaking of ws6's, there was one sitting outside my house lastnight, dark blue, tinted, and when he started it up I could tell their might have been some forced induction. Talk about a beautiful thing lol.

But seriously, have we come up with any permanent numbers on the kit? and what exactly comes with the kit, I mean a full list. I am curious to what parts I would need outside of the kit, such as gauges, a possible boost controller, tranny cooler(need to research to see how feasable this would be), and other miscellaneous parts. I think if the kit were to come out in the low to mid 3's you would have a lot of inquiries, including myself.

id definately like to hear some track stories, on and off slicks. The only thing that worries me with the slicks is what was mentioned before with the axles. One good hook up and your axles arent up to the task, well you know lol. But all the more to get some beefier axles, I love breaking shit, Cause I know ill get to replace it with somethign bigger and better lol

sqcomp
03-05-2007, 10:53 AM
I first want to say...I HATE being a hater but that last claim raises the flag.

:bs:

Sorry, bout this. In my years on various forums, this is the ONLY time I called B.S..

There are TWO big reasons why, first, the SRT "stage 2" weighs only 300 pounds more than you and and is making 95 more WHP than your 180...if indeed it DOES make what a stage 2 with OR without turbo toys SHOULD make you wouldn't have a chance...ESPECIALLY after third gear. The stock SRT will hit a rev limited top end at 155 mph @ 6000 rpm. A stage 2 SRT will beat (depending on the driver) an STi and EVO. You realize what you're saying here without anything to back it up...

The WS6 is pretty much the same as a Camaro SS with 320 Hp and 345 Tq. The stage 2 would have had a tough time with that one itself. The WS6 runs a STOCK quarter of mid 13's. And you're telling me you just caught up to it and had a tougher time with the Stage 2 SRT? :barf: The WS6 only weighs 3400 lbs, which is about the same weight as an STi.

I don't know what you're doing with your E-manage, so I refuse to speculate on your top end but something tells me it isn't the 155 or 162 of the stock SRT and the stock WS6 respectively.

The second reason I'm calling B.S. is with a race like that, and seeing as how you put so much money and time into it...you DIDN'T bring a video camera? :thumbdown:

That WILL shut my mouth...if I see what you just claimed on a good daytime shot of video.

I hate being a hater, read it again, I HATE BEING A HATER! But this is too far fetched for me at this point.

BobRoss
03-05-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm gunna have to call BS too.

Why?

A comment was made about 'building boost'.

The ws6 had a jump on me off the roll because i
hadn't built boost yet. But after I did I caught back up and
passed it. As for the SRT4 It was a very close race, my buddy
"claims" he mis shifted second.... but I didn't hear anything and
I wound up beating him...

Earlier in this thread someone commented on the
fact there should be minimal to no turbo lag so......

How LONG did it take to build boost?

and

Did they wait for you to catch up?

BTW.......0-50 and 20-80......Isn't a race.

For example:

A v6 mustang pulled up next to me and
revved......I had my girlfriend in the car and didn't want
to race and scare the bajeezuz our of her. He preceded
to stage his stang and TOOK OFF at the light.......

I figured, ahhh....What the heck and jumped on it and he
already had about 2/3 car lengths on me.

I caught him at about the 1/4 mile mark of the road but
he had already let off. I was doing about 70.......

So....In other words, it took almost 1/4 mile to build MY boost
and catch up because I went from a dead stop.

...and...

NOT A RACE because he already 'gave up'
(Ricer mentallity tells me that guy probably
brags about whooping an SRT..hehe)

ChinoCharles
03-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Are their any plans to pull the internals down the road to check for adverse wear and tear? I am interested to see how the 1NZ handles that much power in this chassis.

forpinks
03-05-2007, 05:53 PM
hey guys just another quick installment since you guys are wondering how fast the yaris is... I havent been to the track yet because i havent had a chance to go, however, I was out messing around with my friends last night one drives a stage 2 srt 4 the other a ws6 with an exhaust. We did from a roll and from the line with the srt 4 and from the roll with the ws6. The ws6 had a jump on me off the roll because i hadn't built boost yet. But after I did I caught back up and passed it. As for the SRT4 It was a very close race, my buddy "claims" he mis shifted second.... but I didn't hear anything and I wound up beating him... so just to give you some performance ideas on the car... Either way win or lose to either of those cars just keeping up with them would give you mad respect... haha I can't wait to take it the the track and get some real numbers.

p.s. I was still on stock rubber while they both have rims and sticky tires. :evil:

"REMINDS ME OF INITIAL D 1ST STAGE!"

a 140HP Trueno beating a 350HP Skyline R32...

I'll believe it, if its a manual transmission on the Yaris Sedan... but still the A/T gets a better top speed... did you take out the REV limiter on it???

BTW... I have a BIG HATE ON AMERICAN BRAND CARS.... so seeing your post makes me happy!!!

turboyaris
03-05-2007, 05:58 PM
The second reason I'm calling B.S. is with a race like that, and seeing as how you put so much money and time into it...you DIDN'T bring a video camera?
With what hand would you have liked me to videotape with? And an srt 4 weighs closer to 2800-3000 pounds which makes it a little more then 200lbs heavier then my car.

Earlier in this thread someone commented on the
fact there should be minimal to no turbo lag so......
was that someone me? or was it an employee if ZPI? no so therefore they couldn't really tell you how the turbo kit performs... no matter what there is always lag. As ZPIracing's post reads the turbo has lag until around 3000 rpms. So yes there is lag to the turbo.
Sorry I didn't videotape the race for you, when I have someone in my passengers seat I will be sure to videotape it so you guys have proof. Until then you can be skeptical. But i have no reason to fabricate the truth.
And as for the top speed. We only did like a quarter mile race. I still have the factory speed limiter so yes clearly eventually they would have passed me for sure, but not right away.

fu_im_from_texas
03-05-2007, 06:29 PM
turboyaris,
You better get used to hearing the sound of crying. No respectable WRX STi, SRT, WS6, (or any other catchy 3 letter car) is going to like the idea of getting stomped by a $13.9K econo-box. They've been holding their chests out for years cause they've more hp, more torque…blah blah blah…It really doesn’t surprise me to hear them wimper…cool mod…enjoy your car…let the crybabies cry…

sqcomp
03-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Hey, I'm no hater. I REALLY enjoyed seeing a Honda CRX doing 11 second runs and keeping even with a modded C5 Vette. The vette blew up 3/4 of the way down the 1/4 mile. You should have heard the cheers as that little CRX came down the return path.

I'm down with the idea...hell I OWN a Yaris. I traded in my SRT for the Yaris. I also know reality and the SRT is under 2900 lbs... and a power to weight of better than 1:10.5 on the SRT's 275 whp on a PROPER stage 2 with toys is much better than the 2500 lb 180 WHP at 1:13.8 of the Yaris. Even is the SRT had the Stage 2 with no water injection it is still better than 1:10.95. The power to weight on the WS6 is 1:10.625...still better than the Yaris.

All I'm saying is that your claim DOES NOT ADD UP. The numbers aren't there.

You're on the opposite coast, I can't test your claim. But I'm sure if I'm ever out at Atco or you're here at Woodburn we can do that.

Oh and a camera mount only costs $35. Think about it next time. I want to be silenced!

forpinks
03-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Hey, I'm no hater. I REALLY enjoyed seeing a Honda CRX doing 11 second runs and keeping even with a modded C5 Vette. The vette blew up 3/4 of the way down the 1/4 mile. You should have heard the cheers as that little CRX came down the return path.

I'm down with the idea...hell I OWN a Yaris. I traded in my SRT for the Yaris. I also know reality and the SRT is under 2900 lbs... and a power to weight of better than 1:10.5 on the SRT's 275 whp on a PROPER stage 2 with toys is much better than the 2500 lb 180 WHP at 1:13.8 of the Yaris. Even is the SRT had the Stage 2 with no water injection it is still better than 1:10.95. The power to weight on the WS6 is 1:10.625...still better than the Yaris.

All I'm saying is that your claim DOES NOT ADD UP. The numbers aren't there.

You're on the opposite coast, I can't test your claim. But I'm sure if I'm ever out at Atco or you're here at Woodburn we can do that.

Oh and a camera mount only costs $35. Think about it next time. I want to be silenced!

THINK OF THE CLOSE RATIO TRANNY OF THE YARII!!! THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!!!

sqcomp
03-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Pretty much the same shift points as the SRT. I know you can max out 1st on the SRT at a little above 30, second is at 60, third is at 90 and 4th is at 120...on the stage 1. Stage 2 has 250 more rpm that it can use at a 6500 rpm redline.

Speaking from experience on the SRT, 1st gear is almost useless if you get excited. You have to be calm on first gear or you'll have NO traction. Second gear you can lose traction if you have a stage 1 + mods and definately a stage 2.

I suppose I can see the 180 WHP S/C vehicle keeping up with a missed second gear. Second gear is LIFE in the SRT. This is where you'll get your maximum acceleration. Third gear however is the one missed most often...and the one that kills the SRT transmission.

Again, I'm NO Yaris hater. I'm just trying to justify a vehicle that doesn't have the HP/weight beating another one on a run like that. I suppose a missed second gear...like was mentioned...is a good reason.

ZPIracing
03-05-2007, 08:01 PM
I first want to say...I HATE being a hater but that last claim raises the flag.

:bs:

Sorry, bout this. In my years on various forums, this is the ONLY time I called B.S..

There are TWO big reasons why, first, the SRT "stage 2" weighs only 300 pounds more than you and and is making 95 more WHP than your 180...if indeed it DOES make what a stage 2 with OR without turbo toys SHOULD make you wouldn't have a chance...ESPECIALLY after third gear. The stock SRT will hit a rev limited top end at 155 mph @ 6000 rpm. A stage 2 SRT will beat (depending on the driver) an STi and EVO. You realize what you're saying here without anything to back it up...

The WS6 is pretty much the same as a Camaro SS with 320 Hp and 345 Tq. The stage 2 would have had a tough time with that one itself. The WS6 runs a STOCK quarter of mid 13's. And you're telling me you just caught up to it and had a tougher time with the Stage 2 SRT? :barf: The WS6 only weighs 3400 lbs, which is about the same weight as an STi.

I don't know what you're doing with your E-manage, so I refuse to speculate on your top end but something tells me it isn't the 155 or 162 of the stock SRT and the stock WS6 respectively.

The second reason I'm calling B.S. is with a race like that, and seeing as how you put so much money and time into it...you DIDN'T bring a video camera? :thumbdown:

That WILL shut my mouth...if I see what you just claimed on a good daytime shot of video.

I hate being a hater, read it again, I HATE BEING A HATER! But this is too far fetched for me at this point.

I am not trying to be a dick here I think you are a very smart guy and this thread you have brought up some great points but on this you are wrong.

I am not sur eif he won or lost but that does not really matter. The Yaris weighs in at 2293 stock. A srt-4 is closer to 3k and a WS6 is well over 3k at a 1000lbs more weight the car would need 100whp more to beat the yaris in a race. If they are rated at 320whp this will put it around 270whp using a 15% drivetrain loss. The Yaris made 180whp so to say this would not be a close race is way off. Using the tried and true 10whp=100 pounds this would put the cars side by side. Using the Calc linked below with the inputted weight and 210whp (same 15% calc as above) for hp you will see it estimates a high 12's 1/4. This would be hard to achieve on stock open diff but mid 13's are a real possibility.

http://www.turbofast.com.au/Drag.html

It is hard to believe that addind a turbo to a 1.5l makes it hang with V8 power but it is true. Weight is everything in racing and we do not have very much.

I am not sure about the SRT-4 but I would say driver and tune has a lot to do with it, I agree this is a much harder race to pull off and if he did driver error has a lot to do with it. SRT owners world wide hated us after the video below they said a Scion could never pull a SRT, this SRT was pretty modded no idea what.

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/gallery/albums/videos/srtvtC.wmv

We are all on the same team here there should be no lying on the part of anyone. I agree video is needed in cases such as these.

-Kenny

07typeS
03-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Yea i agree with the last sentance above. Whats the reasoning behind hating on another car, if its fast its fast. If another car is faster then its faster. I know if I had a modded car and it had decent power amounts and some lil 4 banger came on and shut me up i wouldnt be pissed. Id make im pullover so we could talk and figure out what hes got done.

I dunno maybe this is just cause im a car lover, and dont just stick to one maker. Id love a 2007 blown mustang gt, a hemi magnum wagon, a new modded infiniti g35, new acura tl type s, a chrysler 300 srt8...i could go on forever.....its just a love for cars.....

but im with you guys and ofcourse im gonna be bias for the car i own and want it to excell more than another.....i love seein that tc smash on the srt-4......but trust me i got mad respect for a heavily modded srt-4........those things sound killer, as does any boosted car.....

i dunno, i just dont think theres a reason to argue over all this.....

jdubau55
03-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Sick video BTW.....

largeorangefont
03-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Using the Calc linked below with the inputted weight and 210whp (same 15% calc as above) for hp you will see it estimates a high 12's 1/4. This would be hard to achieve on stock open diff but mid 13's are a real possibility.

We are all on the same team here there should be no lying on the part of anyone. I agree video is needed in cases such as these.

-Kenny

I dont think anyone is lying, just getting a little imaginative.

A ws6 is a high 12 second car stock if it is driven well. As we all know, anything can happen in a street race, so no one really knows.

I'm sure the Yaris is fast, but I'll believe just how fast when there are some timeslips. Im sure if it is driven to high 12s there are going to be drivetrain issues that go along with running slicks. We will all just have to see. It is a cool setup nonetheless.

Ashley

YarisPR
03-05-2007, 11:50 PM
i'am confused........ the Yaris 1.5 T has how much HP and how much WHP... because it aint the same :evil:

sqcomp
03-06-2007, 03:02 AM
Not hating...everything being what it is, I see a bit of fudging on the story as well. And WHY now are we now at 210 WHP for the Yaris when I was reading a 180 WHP from the start? Someone is trying to add some HP here! Where are those charts that were said we could see?

I've adjusted the Yaris' weight to 2293 and 180 WHP...you're STILL at 12.738 lbs/ HP!!!!

From several sources, I'm seeing the weight of the SRT-4 at 2880 and a stage 2 WITHOUT turbo toys is 265 WHP...is 10.867 lbs/ HP. That puts it at less than the stock WS6, when the turbo toys is factored in at 10 HP more you're at 10.47 lbs/ HP.

Now, with that being said, the STOCK SRT dynoed at 220 WHP...which it does baseline at...I have my first dyno sheet, you're looking at 12.09 lbs/ HP. I can definately believe the S/C Yaris beating a stock SRT...at least until 4th gear when the Yaris' ECU tops itself out. Is the 115 or 120 mph the stock limit? That's when the stock SRT would pull away.

THOSE #'s are no lie. I'm being as transparent as I can. I'm ABSOLUTELY sure that the S/C Yaris is a blast.

These #'s are solid. If the SRT driver did indeed miss 2nd gear, I can see the Yaris catching up and then pulling almost evenly until 4th gear...possibly.

Regardless...I say get that engine built up correctly on the bottom end, follow it up with an upgraded drive train and you can probably get a 250 WHP daily driver. THAT idea is fun to me.

Nimble
03-06-2007, 08:20 AM
A stage 2 SRT4 will BLOW THE DOORS OFF A 180WHP YARIS!!! You guys have got to be kidding me right? A stage 2 SRT4 traps a solid 106-108, a stock Yaris traps like 80, you telling me a small turbo kit adds almost THIRTY MILES PER HOUR TO THE TRAP?!@?

sqcomp
03-06-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm trying to justify the claim that our fellow member beat a stage 2 with some known performance numbers. The power to weight numbers just don't match up.

What I'd like to know is, if indeed the SRT owner missed second gear the first time, why didn't you two "friends" go at it again? I would love to entertain a friend who just put on a pretty kick a$$ mod. Like I said before, second gear IS LIFE for the SRT below a stage 3.

I sure as hell would have called my friends to bring the video cameras for 1.5 Liter 180 hp Yaris blast. That's not even a question. Although we break out the camera at every track day anyway, so it's nothing big.

Hell, I honestly don't care THAT much because I'm NEVER going to break into the engine of my daily driver.

ZPIracing
03-06-2007, 11:17 AM
210 was my guesstimate at hp not whp. 182x15% drivetrain loss. To be honest I have no idea who won or who would win. I am not a bench racer. I can tell you a stock f-body is not the fast so that is very likely. SRT-4 is pretty fast with a turbo upgrade.

Either way this is retarded. The car is making good power is getting 4-5mpg better mileage and is at least hanging with cars it never should.

That is what is important.

365Motorwerks
03-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Just watched the video clips and I'm impressed that's no commuter car anymore :eyebulge:
Now to subscribe to the thread for the updates..release the kit already :bow:

sqcomp
03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
ZPI...you're absolutely correct.

That is THE point to what you're producing.

(I'm NOT being sarchastic either) I think it's pretty cool regardless of who beats who. Good sales to you! Make it happen.

Galavoxx
03-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Either way this is retarded. The car is making good power is getting 4-5mpg better mileage and is at least hanging with cars it never should.

Agreed.

forpinks
03-06-2007, 03:26 PM
210 was my guesstimate at hp not whp. 182x15% drivetrain loss. To be honest I have no idea who won or who would win. I am not a bench racer. I can tell you a stock f-body is not the fast so that is very likely. SRT-4 is pretty fast with a turbo upgrade.

IM ALWAYS TRYING TO SAY THAT THE YARIS WILL WIN BECAUSE OF THE CLOSE RATIO TRANNY IT HAS!!! IT ONLY GOES UP TO 121MPH WHICH IS ALWAYS FASTER ON THE 0-60 & 60-100, I'll always place my BET on the Yarii!

F*CK THAT SRT-4 CRAP!

BTW CAN I PLEASE SEE A VIDEO OF A YARIS BEATING THE HELL OUT OF THE SRT-4 STAGE 2 ???

Lafiro
03-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I'm sure they are going to waste valuable time racing the car with others, when the rest of us just want them to perfect the system/get it on the market for us.

Race on your own after you have it.

ROCKLANDTOYOTA
03-06-2007, 09:01 PM
ROADRUNNER, is your yaris an auto????

nester
03-07-2007, 01:03 AM
i'am confused........ the Yaris 1.5 T has how much HP and how much WHP... because it aint the same :evil:
184 Wheel Horsepower

Not sure about the stock wheel hp.

eTiMaGo
03-07-2007, 01:23 AM
184 Wheel Horsepower

Not sure about the stock wheel hp.

Stock crank horsepower is 106-109 depending on the country/measurement. (SAE corrected, PS, confusing stuff)

Stock wheel horsepower is between 70-80 based on the various dyno sheets posted here.

In other words, doubling that with a relatively low-risk low boost turbo is excellent bang for the buck.

sqcomp
03-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Rockland,

*DeNiro* ...You talkin' to me?

Snake
03-15-2007, 09:26 PM
lol u guys have obviously never driven an srt-4
oh yeah by the way a stage 2 srt runs a high 12 second mile (seen it with my own eyes) , good luck catching it with 180whp even at 2000 lbs

i own both cars, and I know what im talking about thanks

sqcomp
03-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Thank you snake. They don't believe you. I do since I've owned one and I'm still in the SRT mix with my good friend's SRT. Lots of tourqe off the stage 2, often a good bit more than 330 ft lbs and 275 Hp. The power to weight numbers favor the stage 2 heavily. I'd think it'd be a good way to make $50 on a run at the track...especially when they'll claim a 12 second run off stock bagel sized tires. Mmmm'kay.

Chris07LB
03-16-2007, 10:32 AM
ZPI should put as much effort into the ill fitting exhausts, as they did a full turbo setup..

ChinoCharles
03-16-2007, 10:33 AM
What if they did? :eek: :bellyroll:

Snake
03-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Thank you snake. They don't believe you. I do since I've owned one and I'm still in the SRT mix with my good friend's SRT. Lots of tourqe off the stage 2, often a good bit more than 330 ft lbs and 275 Hp. The power to weight numbers favor the stage 2 heavily. I'd think it'd be a good way to make $50 on a run at the track...especially when they'll claim a 12 second run off stock bagel sized tires. Mmmm'kay.

$50? nah we need to wage more, I only run for a G or more, have to compensate incase I break an axle on the SRT considering they cost 1200 for the set, have to cover the expenses lol

lol just playin man
I've actually raced a modded SRT vs my Yaris from a dig
I stuck with him till about 45 but once he hit boost, I couldnt even see the neon lol

By the way, the funniest race ever in the yaris was on the highway, from 55+ to about 115, the yaris actually kept up with a highly modded Dodge Dakota R/T we couldnt stop laughing (and I know this car runs consistant low 14's at the track, friend of mine in the dakota was pissed)

not bad for 103 hp crank but guys face it, your comparing a little bubble car to an SRT, lay off the crack, I dont care if you drop a turbo 2zz into that little bubble, your still not going to be able to play with stage2 srt's the guysin the 2zz mr2 spyders cant even match that, and they are lighter and faster than the yari

sqcomp
03-19-2007, 12:43 PM
There's good juju here now...

I remember my flying wedge. Ahh, the old 1985 MR2. Gutless wonder BUT...it could corner pretty damned well! Speaking of the MR2 I would REALLY like to get my hands on the newest gen and track that car out. I've seen one that was all done up for autox. Roll cage, no interior, killer suspension. Heck, that's truely all you need for an autox car. Usually those damned courses are too short to REALLY need the power. Track days on the other hand...that MR2 could use another 100-150 ponies. That would scream!

I still remember a turboed 95 MR hanging with a nicely modded Supra, somwhere around 600-700 HP. Those turbos were SCREAMING!

...sorry, I think I wet myself...

firefly1_0
03-19-2007, 01:51 PM
what turbo is that? T-25? bigger, smaller?

sqcomp
03-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Who are you talking to?

firefly1_0
03-20-2007, 09:10 AM
Who are you talking to?

gee let me think...

there is a guy here that TC'ed a yaris, i post up asking what turbo was used...

who do you think?

turboyaris
03-20-2007, 10:27 PM
evo 3 14 g sorry i have been too busy to come online in a while

Wenis
03-29-2007, 12:29 PM
http://www.zeropointindustries.net/gallery/albums/DynoCharts/yaris_dyno_tq.jpg

Is this the dyno for the car in question? That is one odd looking dyno... It looks like the torque takes a nose dive up top, but inreality it only dips about 30ft.lbs. from peak to redline. :thumbsup: Not bad :smile:

I was going to call :bs: until I started REALLY looking at the torque curve, I could see this Yaris beating an LS1 and S2SRT-4, probably capable of low 13's. :burnrubber:

Spades
03-29-2007, 01:31 PM
and people smirked at me for wanting to boost a 1.5L to 5 or 6psi and hoping for 150 crank hp...

P.S. I wonder how long that yaris will take that boost without upgrades to the fuel system...I am waiting to throw boost at my yaris 'till I find out from peoples mistakes as to how much boost the car can safely hold and still go more than 50k miles,lol.

turboyaris
03-29-2007, 04:14 PM
the stock fuel system should work fine, it isn't being overloaded in anyway, the only thing upgraded was the injectors for obvious reasons, but they are 330cc i believe so they shouldnt over work the fuel pump. 5k down with no mishaps on the kit still getting my good gas mileage as well.

turboyaris
03-29-2007, 04:17 PM
as for the dyno chart its a little confusing because we couldnt get the printout to look how we wanted. The numbers themselves on represent the HP numbers although the numbers were very similar, within like 6. It was the new mustang software and it had just been installed and the owner of the dyno hadn't had a chance to learn the software, but all said it gives you an idea of the power curve at least.

Wenis
03-29-2007, 05:57 PM
as for the dyno chart its a little confusing because we couldnt get the printout to look how we wanted. The numbers themselves on represent the HP numbers although the numbers were very similar, within like 6. It was the new mustang software and it had just been installed and the owner of the dyno hadn't had a chance to learn the software, but all said it gives you an idea of the power curve at least.

Yeah I figured it was some type of operator error... basically the torque curve is exaggerated, it makes it look like the top end "boost taper" is worse than it really is. It's all good though, the curves cross where they should and the hp peak of 180 at 5843rpm does come out to be roughly 160lb ft of tq, which IS what the graph shows. It all adds up :thumbsup:

I was going to call BS since it looked like you had NO top end what so ever, and there's no way in hell you'd have been pulling on a WS6 with crap for top end, but with a little math I corrected the "curve" and saw you should still be pulling up top, just not as hard as you are in the mid range rpms. I bet it's a blast to drive... can't wait to see some vids!

Spades
03-29-2007, 06:28 PM
I have to admit it, even though I wont be boosting my Yaris 'till it is paid off, I still wish I could.

I won't lie...hearing that BOV whistle that loud and hearing the turbo spool made me spooge my pants.

elsteverino889
04-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Kinda been lost from YW.com this week, but congrats ZPI for giving the yaris a breakthrough in the aftermarket world finally. Guys we should all be happy that now we have a turbo kit which means there are more mods to come. Just like axle upgrades and other internal upgrades more companies are gonna want to benefit from this product. And where there is a market there will be competitors!

Blenjar
04-01-2007, 06:03 PM
mmhmm i love that sound but I still do go for Turbo Blow Off Sound lmao!!
ricey!!

-- Blen