PDA

View Full Version : maybe buying a hatch some performance ??

joey1320
03-02-2007, 07:56 PM
hey guys my name's joey and i will probably be trading in my '05 SRT4 for an '07 Yaris hatch(5spd.) i know i'll be losing a lot of performance but i just got engaged and need to save some money on insurance, payment and gas, so after looking at all kinds of models i decided to get a yaris. i like the style and the toyota quality.

so i have a couple of questions, first what suspension do you guys recomend? if you have some pics of the final look please post.

Also does anybody have the zpi exhaust system? how's the sound/looks? if you have pics of it installed please post.

any other kind of modifications besides the ususal intake/header please post so i can get the idea of where to take the hatch. my plan is to go turbo later on but for the moment just basic stuff. thanks!

Blenjar
03-02-2007, 08:01 PM
I would personally recommend TRD..but you can try others also which are as good as the TRD..

-- Blen

jdubau55
03-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Welcome to the forum! First I must say you can answer a lot of your questions buy visiting the Sponsor Classified section. There are several good supporting vendors that carry a lot of stuff for the Yaris. Everything from body kits, to full coilover setups, and now even turbo kits :evil: I would almost come as close to saying as there is just as much for the Yaris as there is for you SRT4. Do some searching in the picture threads and what not. You will find everything you could ever want. Also there is the DIY manual that has like 30 or more DIY's in PDF form floating around. Also there is the factory service manual floating around. With just these 2 things you have a WEALTH of knowledge just waiting to be used. The Yaris is the best thing I have done for myself in years. I can drive to and from work (30 min each way) and drive around on the weekends for almost 2 weeks on a 20$ tank of gas. I dont hate filling up at the pump anymore, I actually almost enjoy it.

PetersRedYaris
03-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Tanabe are popular springs here. ZPI exhaust? I just ordered mine so I'll let you know as soon as it comes.

punch
03-03-2007, 12:33 PM
hey guys my name's joey and i will probably be trading in my '05 SRT4 for an '07 Yaris hatch(5spd.) i know i'll be losing a lot of performance but i just got engaged and need to save some money on insurance, payment and gas, so after looking at all kinds of models i decided to get a yaris. i like the style and the toyota quality.

so i have a couple of questions, first what suspension do you guys recomend? if you have some pics of the final look please post.

Also does anybody have the zpi exhaust system? how's the sound/looks? if you have pics of it installed please post.

any other kind of modifications besides the ususal intake/header please post so i can get the idea of where to take the hatch. my plan is to go turbo later on but for the moment just basic stuff. thanks!

thought you wanted to save money, spending a $1000 on suspension doesn't save money...$500 for exhaust again, thats money...Turbo $3000 +...

you already own a great car stock, never mind the after market for the srt-4, I had the turbo pt cruiser, and wish i never sold it.

forpinks
03-04-2007, 10:57 PM
(speaking in english accent...)

Aww yes!.. the 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 the worlds
fastest production compact car, it can go 0-60MPH in 5.6 seconds and top speed of a 153MPH it can rip through the quarter mile in 14.2 seconds, thanks to its 230HP road ripping horsepower and 250 lb-ft of earth shattering torque at the wheels. It is produced by dropping a 2.4 liter dodge engine with a mitsubishi turbocharger. and the good thing is its priced under 18 thousand dollars...
__________________________________________________ _________________

I'll get a Yaris any day still.....

sqcomp
03-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Joey,

I just traded my SRT in for an 07 Flint Mica Yaris S. I'll keep it real for you. You are going to notice the absolute LACK of power. Your days of killing 350z's, WRX's and Civics are over with once you buy this car.

We just had ZPI claim that with the Blitz S/C kit you could beat a stage 2 AND a WS6 Trans Am on only 180Whp. Needless to say, without any proof but someone's word I called B.S.. I'm waiting for a daytime video of this alleged dual kill.

You will save $$$$ on insurance, payment & definately gas. This weekend I was putting around with a firend, who also owns an SRT (he has all my aftermarket parts now) and I topped off my tank after travelling something near 80 miles. It cost me $4!!!! Read it... $4!!!!! That was something like 40 mpg! I used like a gallon and a half of fuel with a mix of freeway and city travel. No aggressive acceleration (like you really can in this car) and no hard stops. Just a nice smooth afternoon.

You're buying into a reliable econo box. Remeber that.

holler if you'd like to talk about the good ol days with the SRT.

joey1320
03-05-2007, 06:34 PM
:wink: Joey,

I just traded my SRT in for an 07 Flint Mica Yaris S. I'll keep it real for you. You are going to notice the absolute LACK of power. Your days of killing 350z's, WRX's and Civics are over with once you buy this car.

We just had ZPI claim that with the Blitz S/C kit you could beat a stage 2 AND a WS6 Trans Am on only 180Whp. Needless to say, without any proof but someone's word I called B.S.. I'm waiting for a daytime video of this alleged dual kill.

You will save $$$$ on insurance, payment & definately gas. This weekend I was putting around with a firend, who also owns an SRT (he has all my aftermarket parts now) and I topped off my tank after travelling something near 80 miles. It cost me $4!!!! Read it... $4!!!!! That was something like 40 mpg! I used like a gallon and a half of fuel with a mix of freeway and city travel. No aggressive acceleration (like you really can in this car) and no hard stops. Just a nice smooth afternoon.

You're buying into a reliable econo box. Remeber that.

holler if you'd like to talk about the good ol days with the SRT.

thanks man, i definitley noticed the drop in power but will get use to it soon. besides that it's a well-put-together car, toyota knows how to do that!

and for "Punch" sorry to hear that you liked the PT so much and got rid of it, my SRT had been nothing but problems since the day i got it. i'm a BMW technician and it really bothered me the way Dodge treated SRT owners thinking we were all "riced-out civic wannabees". No respect and no kind of support.

I'm happy i got the Yaris. I like the body lines and the Toyota quality. :wink: