PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my Yaris Today!!!

YotaYarisUSA
05-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Hey, y'all I finally got my car ordered today! 2007 Yaris CE Sedan, Nautical Blue with Dark Charocoal interior. Added the power package with 15inch steel wheels,anti lock brakes, power door and windows, cruise control, mp3 cd player, auxiliary jake,LCD display. 60/40 spilit suits, Tachometer. Also, added fog lamps, remote keyless entry system and window tint:thumbup:

My dealer,said he will put the order in on Monday and then I can get back with him on Tuesday and he will let me know how long it will take? I went with Jim barkley Toyota in Asheville. Total price of the car will be $15,659 plus dealer, tag,and tax. I think tax is 3% here in NC,tag is $85.00 and dealer is about $200.00 I'm thinking? So, the car will be a little around 16,400.00 something? Some would say thats really too much for the car, but look at all the stuff i"m getting on it? Any car that loaded is going to be close to 19 or 20,000.

I'm very happy and I can[t wait!!!!!!! Anyone have a quess on how long it will be before my car comes? He was saying something like 45 to 30 days? But we will see :eyebulge:

YotaYarisUSA

why?
05-04-2006, 07:37 PM
It depends. the southeast does seem to be getting a lot of Yaris.

However a month seems like the average wait time at this moment.

ricko
05-04-2006, 07:41 PM
You guys have 3% sales tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's 15% here in Ontario!!!!!!!! How much does a small, well equiped condo in the Raleigh-Durham area go for? That's Blue Devil country right???

birdy
05-04-2006, 07:58 PM
what part of north carolina are you in? My aunt is waiting on a sedan also.

YotaYarisUSA
05-04-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm in the western part about 6 hours from Ral, Durham area so I have know idea how much an apartment would go for. Around here on would go for 300 or 400 a month.

Yaris is own its way :biggrin:

ricko
05-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks Y. Maybe I should think about relocating????

why?
05-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Yea, no kidding. Do you guys have to deal with many tornados?

300 or 400 bucks a month sounds great.

jah
05-05-2006, 04:37 PM
When I was looking at my car, the keyless entry was the "time" killer. They said some options could be installed at the port, some could be installed at the Dealer, others had to come from Japan if the vehicle was not at the port. The keyless entry had to come from Japan. I just got on Toyoto website, the inventory in the SE shows 492 CE Sedans, none have the keyless entry :redface:
That is what drove me to getting the autotran with power package, then adding the security system so I could have the remote "keyless" entry :iono: The security system was installed at the dealer (the 3200 toyoto system). From what I understood from my dealer, if the option was not availble in the current batch of "un-assigned" cars in the port (meaning another dealer didn't have it already allocated to them), then when the next batch came in to port, hopefully one of the cars would have the Japan installed option installed. If I had to order from japan it would be months. Last year I was looking at the Scion Xa, went to the Toyota dealer, and said I wanted a stick with side airbags. They said I would have to put down a deposit of 1000 dollars and wait 3 to 6 months for the car to be built in the factory in Japan. I said no thanks, and bought a Honda Civic SI. 3 months later the Toyota dealer called saying that the had Xa in stock with side airbags but it was a auto :thumbdown:

YotaYarisUSA
05-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Dang,I don't want it to take that long for my car! If they tell me that I will just go with the basic power nothing and just get the conven package and save a couple of 1,000 bucks. But,it will be nice to get my Yaris the way I want it :)

YotaYarisUSA

jah
05-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Yep, I wanted a Blue or Red hatch with a stick, side air bags my wife wanted the keyless entry. None of the hatchs in port (dealer assigned or otherwise) had the keyless entry or side airbags. Spent more time at the dealer trying understand how Toyota would "fill my order" than I did haggling on the Price. Came real close to buying what I really "wanted" A Green Solistice with air and the limited slip diff :wub: . Could have ordered it from the Factory for 19,500 and been given a real date. Basically it took me three trips to the Toyota dealer to learn
Some options are Japan Factory only and if not in the current Port "batch" then it might be in the next or it might not. If it was in the next "batch" then the dealer "might" get it, or another dealer might already have it. If the other dealer "had" it, then my dealer might be able to trade, might not, no FIRM assurances ethier way. Worse case is you actually order it built in a factory in japan, and it would be months if not 1/2 a year :eek:
In the end, once I understood all that, my dealer found the red hatch with power pkg, but it had an auto-tran, not a stick :rolleyes: I gave him a 1000 deposit for him to "try to trade" :mad: . He did work hard to manage my expectation, he would "try to trade" was emphasisied no guaranty, we would know in no longer than a week. I had the car in my hands in 4 days :thumbup:
I caved on the stick, and spent 2K more than I had orginally planned ( I had a Blue 5 speed with the convience package negoiated for 11980, it was in port un-allotacated so it was a 2 week wait). But ended up with a much nicer car, the power package is nice, and my daily commute is in stop-and-go traffic so the auto is nice!:biggrin:
In the end the Yaris ROCKS!!!! even if you do have to wait:smile: