PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Meet Up

djksmith
08-30-2012, 01:03 AM
Just FYI, was at Micro Image today and spoke to Jeff about the possibility of an upcoming meet... I'm interested and would love to see what some of you Cali peeps have done to your rides... Sundays work great for me and maybe we can even meet up at Micro Image... Keep me posted on the possibilities fellas & ladies... :w00t:

g.q.vios
08-30-2012, 01:19 AM
I'm down i havent been to meet so far cause of work so i would like to meet and greet sound like fun... Pick a spot post and post and people will show up ask jeff about the ceritos meet also i go now and then when he reminds me! So im in if no farther than L.A county limit or O.C im down for some good R.R. with some yaris....:w00t:

tooter
08-30-2012, 01:24 AM
Meeting at Micro Image on a Sunday works for me... :smile:

...but I'm not so sure Garm and Jeff will want bunch of guys there running amok fondling their merchandise. :laugh:

cali yaris
08-30-2012, 01:26 AM
We've done it a few times, it's great fun. I'll get with jeff and pick a date. not THIS Sunday though. :smile:

08-30-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm so jealous of Cali meets.

david_827
08-30-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm so jealous of Cali meets.

me too....

g.q.vios
08-30-2012, 01:10 PM
We've done it a few times, it's great fun. I'll get with jeff and pick a date. not THIS Sunday though. :smile:

Awsome Beans!!! It's cooling down a bit. Not as hot as a week or two ago temps In the high 90's all over So Cal. Not good for meets or car shows... I would love a Micro Image Meet!!! Gives me an excuse to buy some more stuff...LoL... Keep us posted :thumbsup:

08-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Get your coilovers while you're there I am sure Garm/Jeff/or others would help with install. :thumbup:

Crims0n5
08-30-2012, 05:37 PM
Awesome! I'm totally down for a Mini Meet

mazilla
08-30-2012, 07:26 PM
I guess I better hurry up and find a trans....

djksmith
08-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Sounds like we have some interest... What Sunday works for us all within the next couple of months? And who's bringing the BBQ grill?

g.q.vios
08-30-2012, 10:54 PM
I'll bring food!!! or we can all roll out for some food????:confused:

djksmith
08-31-2012, 01:24 PM
I think if we're there to have a meet, we need to BBQ some meat and chill with the cars, grub, and toys that MI has lying around...

08-31-2012, 01:26 PM
The more money you ask people to spend the less participation you will have.

AzianCuz
08-25-2016, 01:10 AM
No more meet ups?

ern-diz
08-25-2016, 02:12 PM
No more meet ups?

Zombie thread!

Lots of meets, none Yaris specific that I know of.

I follow several "meets" accounts on Instagram, such as @thebigbangmeets, @cacarmeets, @importscene, etc., and see posts about SoCal meets all the time, but I don't see Yaris specific meets organized here, or anywhere else for that matter.

AzianCuz
08-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Lets bring our Yaris haha!

ern-diz
08-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Lets bring our Yaris haha!

I've always been down like the ground!

What trips me out, is that I've been on a Yaris spotting spree lately. I'm not talking about stock rides, i'm talking about modded cars. Just a weekend or two ago, when coming home from Sequoia National Park and sitting in the In-N-Out drive through at the Tejon Outlets area, I spotted a mustard-ish yellow 2nd gen with pink 5 star wheels in the Del Taco drive through across the way. Even the gas cap was a different color than the body and wheels lol. People are out there modding and enjoying these cars, but they're not on this forum.

I've posted about several spotting's, including pics, in the CA sightings thread and not a single local person has commented. Someone recognized one of the cars I spotted from Instagram and I've since connected with that owner on Instagram. He's looking to sell his wheels, so I suggested he post them in the for sale section here. He said he hadn't checked out the forums yet, but was going to do so now. Haven't seen him yet.

It's been talked about before, but it seems like most of the activity has moved to Facebook. Even so, I still don't see posts about Yaris specific meets anywhere :iono: