PDA

View Full Version : Holy fudge :)

HTM Yaris
03-03-2007, 03:13 PM
I put the sportivo struts on my car in conjuntion with the STOCK springs . Holy shit , fudge ,dayyummm with a little shizzle on the top :):):) I also added 195/50/15 mounted on gold konig feathers 15x6.5 . The car feels like it is on rails . The car is definately quicker (0-60) . Going over railroad tracks @ 40+ mph , no problem . Nice and tight . Body roll is SIGNIFICANTLY reduced . Also , when a 18 wheeler blows past me on the interstate , I don't get pushed as much .

My Yaris won HS @ the Autox last week on the stock shocks . On Mar 17 ,I'm gonna see how much distance I can put on my 10 other competitors . :)

All hail the mighty EGG :)

One last thing . The 195/50's are Michelin Pilot Exalto's PE2 . Treadwear of 240 . Nice , very nice . I have'nt got them to sing yet though , but I will let ya'll know :)

largeorangefont
03-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Sportivo = TRD struts or no?

HTM Yaris
03-03-2007, 03:26 PM
yes TRD = sportivo

nevermorez
03-03-2007, 03:38 PM
I assume that would be the TRD rear sway bar you're referring to, right?

tekmoe
03-03-2007, 04:34 PM
i have both the trd struts and springs. you think your car handles like its on rails? :smoking:

HTM Yaris
03-03-2007, 06:37 PM
no just shocks only
Believe me I would love to have springs . I'll probably end up getting Tein Coilovers . But for now I have to stay with stock springs to stay in stock class . Hurry up October :)

Chris07LB
03-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Any track day pics?

HTM Yaris
03-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Not yet :(

here is some pics of me at the Dragon and an Autox . Notice the cam on the side of the car . When I get more footage I will make a vid .
I will be at Carolina Motorsports Park , Lowe's Motorspeedway and Roebling Road soon .

Black Yaris
03-03-2007, 07:53 PM
I put the sportivo struts on my car in conjuntion with the STOCK springs . Holy shit , fudge ,dayyummm with a little shizzle on the top :):):) I also added 195/50/15 mounted on gold konig feathers 15x6.5 . The car feels like it is on rails . The car is definately quicker (0-60) . Going over railroad tracks @ 40+ mph , no problem . Nice and tight . Body roll is SIGNIFICANTLY reduced . Also , when a 18 wheeler blows past me on the interstate , I don't get pushed as much .

My Yaris won HS @ the Autox last week on the stock shocks . On Mar 17 ,I'm gonna see how much distance I can put on my 10 other competitors . :)

All hail the mighty EGG :)

One last thing . The 195/50's are Michelin Pilot Exalto's PE2 . Treadwear of 240 . Nice , very nice . I have'nt got them to sing yet though , but I will let ya'll know :)

You may think your car is quicker since you are running such a small tire
exactly your speedo is 4.725% faster than actual speed
also that tire is a full inch shorter than stock, I hope you do not have ABS because that much of a difference from stock may cause some brake problems

HTM Yaris
03-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Yes I have EBD on the brakes . It doesn't matter what size the wheels are where the brakes are concerned . Lockup is lockup . When lockup is eminent , the computer will act accordingly . Toyota isn't that stupid . They know that peeps will change wheels/tires and other things . Toyota probably did the conservative thing and used wide parameters when calibating the EBD .

largeorangefont
03-04-2007, 12:39 AM
You may think your car is quicker since you are running such a small tire
exactly your speedo is 4.725% faster than actual speed
also that tire is a full inch shorter than stock, I hope you do not have ABS because that much of a difference from stock may cause some brake problems

It won't cause any problem. In fact his braking has IMPROVED because he has a better tire with more traction. Tires are the most important factor in stopping the car. THe more traction you have, the harder you can stop without lockup.