PDA

View Full Version : Last thing I did to my Yari

Blue Y job
09-24-2012, 03:24 PM
I had to sell my Yari, buying a 2013 Fusion turbo 2 liter, but I always wanted to finish off the cruise:48547...what do you think? I think it came out great! Thank you CTScott for making this possible.

suckerface
09-24-2012, 03:27 PM
I like it, it looks REALLY nice! IMO, I don't know about it being on the arm rest, but turned out gorgeous!

BEEF
09-24-2012, 03:30 PM
I take it you didn't like the stalk on the steering wheel?

What you have does look nice. I like the little faceplate.

Blue Y job
09-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Thanks. There was no stalk on the steering wheel in 2007, so the armrest was the most convienient place. Installing the steering wheel switch looked like too much of a hassle.
By the way, Arnolds Awards (they have a website) did the work for $25.00, and they have the job perameters on file, so I'd imagine they'd do it for anyone, if interested, ask about the job #.

09-24-2012, 05:28 PM
I love that. It looks like a classy VIP style mod. Very well done.

Blue Y job
09-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks, Man. I never got to use it, I installed it where I sold it. The new buyer likes it too.

tk-421
09-26-2012, 06:14 PM
I like it a lot, although I'm a bit concerned about how approachable it is now as opposed to the stalk... Maybe if the buttons were flush to the faceplate they wouldn't be as easy to click by mistake.
The faceplate does look amazing though. :thumbsup:

Blue Y job
09-29-2012, 07:39 AM
My favorite would be right on the steering wheel, with buttons that you can set by touch. I've tried that Toyota stalk off the steering wheel, and it couldn't be learned easily without taking your eyes off the road. With the way I did it, just feel for the button closest to the window, (right above the door handle) it's a firm press to activate, and another firm press on the next button when you get to your set speed. Never activated it by mistake. Ideally, I would have used the 4 switch system, with chrome buttons, but I never made it that far...