PDA

View Full Version : Seat belt reminder warning Beep

Jord
05-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Has anyone figured out how to defeat the seat belt warning beep? I find it super annoying when I'm driving by myself and rest my hand on the passenger seat and it starts beeping like crazy. I have seen some codes for the avalon, corolla, etc. but they don't seem to work for the 2007 Yaris. The codes involved using the trip reset button. I hope there is a way to get rid of it, I hate having to keep the passenger side seat belt buckled up just to be able to throw a knapsack on it. Any help would be much appreciated.

stuffy
05-05-2006, 01:31 PM
holy shit jord, how heavy is your hand?
a small child is not supposed to trigger that beep

Ziv
05-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Ha ha ha. He must have a massive hand. Sometimes my dogs get it to beeps, sometimes it doesn't, but for sure the watermelon does make it beeps. However, I do wanted to know too, it is annoying when I put stuff in the front. Such as 'watermelon'.

ricko
05-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Hey, you should be using the belt on that watermelon anyway. You wanna be cleaning watermelon off your dash all day??????

hoahmaru
05-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Has anyone figured out how to defeat the seat belt warning beep? I find it super annoying when I'm driving by myself and rest my hand on the passenger seat and it starts beeping like crazy. I have seen some codes for the avalon, corolla, etc. but they don't seem to work for the 2007 Yaris. The codes involved using the trip reset button. I hope there is a way to get rid of it, I hate having to keep the passenger side seat belt buckled up just to be able to throw a knapsack on it. Any help would be much appreciated.

In the owner's manual it states that if you want to disable the beeping, you would need to bring the car back to the dealership and have them do it. I was also thinking of disabling the beep myself because my friends (I know it's bad) hardly wear seat belts when they drive or ride in the passenger seat.

SmellyTofu
05-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Hey, you should be using the belt on that friend anyway. You wanna be cleaning your friend off your dash all day??????

For hoahmaru. :)

Leave the chime on.. see how long your friends can stand it.

hoahmaru
05-07-2006, 12:20 AM
For hoahmaru. :)

Leave the chime on.. see how long your friends can stand it.

That's the exact same thing I told them, but the beeping really annoys me too when they don't wear it or when I put my backpack on the passenger seat. But anyways, I think the beeping is a good safety/annoying feature.

LAHAL
05-07-2006, 01:20 AM
having the option to disable the beeping would be great. i know so times i just drive to the corner store for a slurpy, and i don't but my seat belt on, the beeping for 10 sec's is annoying as hell

why?
05-07-2006, 09:20 AM
The thing has beeped at me when I've gone around a corner too fast. It is obviously way too sensitive.

echo_hrs
05-07-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm sure you can just unplug the connector under the seat that senses the weight...

hoahmaru
05-07-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm sure you can just unplug the connector under the seat that senses the weight...

I was thinking of doing that too but I think the censor is for the airbags in the passenger seat as well.

why?
05-07-2006, 04:35 PM
That is the beepy things point. To tell you about the airbag being off as well as the seatbelt.

NateBalditch
05-09-2006, 11:37 AM
My hatchback's passenger seat warning has been triggered by a bag of dry cleaning and by my cat in a carrier. I've been just buckling the seatbelt with nothing/no one in it to shut it up.

I suppose it would be nice to have an option to set it to be a bit more sensitive to weight. Especially since it's constant. But I like it being constant, forcing me and anyone who rides with me to wear a seatbelt, even if it's for a short trip.

SmellyTofu
05-09-2006, 02:24 PM
That's the exact same thing I told them, but the beeping really annoys me too when they don't wear it or when I put my backpack on the passenger seat. But anyways, I think the beeping is a good safety/annoying feature.

Take one industrial strength ear muffs for yourself to wear. ;) Where there's a will, there's a way.

tmyers82
06-22-2006, 02:06 PM
go to a junk yard and grab a seat belt clip. Stick it in and no chirp then take it out when you have a passenger.

johnnyfive
06-23-2006, 01:31 AM
in my sedan it shuts off after about 60 seconds...jsut the light on the dash keeps flashing..

PSU Yaris
06-23-2006, 07:33 PM
same here

johnnyfive
06-24-2006, 08:45 PM
same here

maybe its just a sedan thing ;)

Katana
08-06-2006, 05:33 AM
Same here tooo!

07WYarisRS
08-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Just click the seat belt into the receiver
No more light flashin or beep.

When my wife under went surgery and could not wear the seat belt, I just clicked it into the receiver and she sat in front of it.

option
03-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Does anyone know if you can cut the wires that go to the buckle, then connect the wires together. My thought is that the connection would be complete, making the computer think the seatbelt was in the buckle. I am very tempted to try this.

TLyttle
03-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Why? The service tech at the dealer can do it for you in about 30 seconds. We have a mail route, and are in and out of the car all day long; the dealer understood our problem and cured it right then. When you sell the car, they can have it switched back on without paying a mechanic to reconnect the wires you cut.

This was covered only a few months ago...

supmet
03-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Does anyone know if you can cut the wires that go to the buckle, then connect the wires together. My thought is that the connection would be complete, making the computer think the seatbelt was in the buckle. I am very tempted to try this.

I seem to remember someone posting here that they cut the wires in the passenger seat, and then their car wouldn't start :laugh:

I'd take it to the dealer, if you MUST put stuff on the passenger seat(and not the back seat, the back floor, the passenger floor, or the trunk...... :confused:)

option
03-25-2009, 12:44 PM
i live in Vancouver Canada and the dealerships won't do it here. i went in with a piece of paper and showed them how even but still no. so i just looking for another option.

POORSHA
03-25-2009, 12:52 PM
I "ordered a seatbelt extension from the dealer. It's free. I told them I had an overweight aunt coming in for easter and I was picking her up at the air port.

I clicked it in no more beep beep The roadrunner is dead long live the roadrunner.

option
03-25-2009, 08:20 PM
great! perfect solution thank you:smile:

TLyttle
03-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Option, my point was that you need a valid excuse (no need to justify it) to have the system disconnected (we used our mail route). I also live in BC, and the same laws apply to me. As long as the flashing light remains, everything is fine. If need be, just invent an excuse.

Solid T D
04-09-2009, 08:29 AM
You guys do realize it shuts up after a minute, right?

1stToyota
04-09-2009, 08:37 AM
I "ordered a seatbelt extension from the dealer. It's free. I told them I had an overweight aunt coming in for easter and I was picking her up at the air port.

I clicked it in no more beep beep The roadrunner is dead long live the roadrunner.

That's what I did within the first week of buying mine. First time I hauled my dachshund I knew I'd get tired of watching my blinking airbag light so I went in and got the extension for free.