PDA

View Full Version : INTEREST: Bumper Plugs (Blazing Blue Metallic)

R0ME0
03-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Hey guys,

I just picked up my 07 Yaris 3dr Hatchback and wanted to see if there was an interest here to get bumper plugs made to match our cars? For those who don't know what they are, they are essentially plugs that are color matched to your car that eliminate the front license plate to five it the clean and flush look. Check out www.bumperplugs.com for more information. Anyhow to my surprise they didn't have the Blazing Blue Metallic color as one of the colors that they stock. However they did tell me that if I am able to get six sets ordered that they will be able to make a batch at the standard price for us ($24,95 a pair+$8.95 shipping). If you're interested please reply to this thread and sign up in the spots below. I have listed a picture below of how the plugs look on our cars. Additionally I know that they do make some of the colors for our cars already you guys should definately try out this product. I had them on my other cars and they work and look great! a good addition for a small cost. :thumbup:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/R0ME02984/plug.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/R0ME02984/07_toyota_yaris_340.jpg

Bumper Plugs (Color:Blazing Blue Metallic)

jamal1984
03-08-2007, 10:58 AM
that price for 2 small plugs? My sedan came with factory like that.

R0ME0
03-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Consider yourself lucky then i guess. For the amount of paint they have to mix at once to paint those i'd say its bout right.

yrsdrgn
03-09-2007, 03:48 AM
Hey bro, Hit me up on that offer. HAHA I don't really care if it's Blazing Metallic Blue (the original color that I wanted my car to be) but I'll turn it into Polar White (since i have some paint lying around at home.)!!!

Bumper Plugs (Color:Blazing Blue Metallic)
1. ROMEO (I'm guessing since you posted it)
2. yrsdrgn

R0ME0
03-09-2007, 03:59 AM
Thanks man! HAHA come on 4 more ppl! I want this PLZ!

yrsdrgn
03-09-2007, 04:03 AM
Whoever hates them drilled holes on they Yaris better drop a line on this one!!! hehe b(^^b) (b^^)b

bladesmith6
03-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Guys, seriously save the money. Get a tube of touch up paint and one of those Devcon twin syringe epoxy dispensers, add a few drops(not too much) of paint to the epoxy, mix and inject into the holes, if you're careful you'll barely be able to tell where you did it when you are done. I think the touch up paint is $10, and the epoxy should be about $5 and you'll still have plenty of paint left over for stone chips!

yrsdrgn
03-12-2007, 06:53 PM
is that stuff sold at Kragen?

Black Yaris
03-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Our bumpers came smooth... why are there a need for these already?

yrsdrgn
03-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Cuz stupid people at the dealership say that they "have to drill" the bumpers.....I told that that they don't then he whined "We haavvvveeee toooo or else we'll get fined." I'm just thinking to myself "stupid f**k" cuz I doubt that you HAVE to drill them especially from the dealership.

Black Yaris
03-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Cuz stupid people at the dealership say that they "have to drill" the bumpers.....I told that that they don't then he whined "We haavvvveeee toooo or else we'll get fined." I'm just thinking to myself "stupid f**k" cuz I doubt that you HAVE to drill them especially from the dealership.

no need for name calling there guy..... you can tell the dealership to fuck off and buy you a new bumper.... you bought a new car and you don't want one with holes in it.... 99.9% of us that bought ours had smooth bumpers when we drove them off the lot

yrsdrgn
03-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Trust me in SF salesmen whine a lot. I was talking to him for 5 minutes about letting them give me my bumper so I can "drill" it but they say "we have to drill it here" and he kept going about getting fined or some shit. I mean, he's a good salesman but he whined a lot and I really hate the Yaris with license plate on the front bumper.

Black Yaris
03-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Trust me in SF salesmen whine a lot. I was talking to him for 5 minutes about letting them give me my bumper so I can "drill" it but they say "we have to drill it here" and he kept going about getting fined or some shit. I mean, he's a good salesman but he whined a lot and I really hate the Yaris with license plate on the front bumper.

then talk to the sales manager, all you have to say is "fine, I am not going to buy the car then"... ya got to learn how to work people, and not get worked by people... just one of those thing you learn in many years of sales and managment

yrsdrgn
03-12-2007, 11:15 PM
well my dad was there so I really had no say..........even after we got the car he said "do you want a ticket?" and i said "you don't have to HAVE it drilled"

Black Yaris
03-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Then for the 30 bux they are charging for those plugs you can go to a decent body shop and they will fill them with Euathayne and touch up the paint and buff it out to match....

yrsdrgn
03-12-2007, 11:39 PM
how much would a body shop charge to do that stuff?

Black Yaris
03-12-2007, 11:40 PM
please read previous post

yrsdrgn
03-12-2007, 11:44 PM
$30 bux gotcha. Hopefully the front bumper doesn't stay on my Yaris long enough to annoy the heck outta me into getting this done and gets replaced with a JDM one ASAP. Black Yaris thanks for all the info you've given. :thumbsup:

punch
03-13-2007, 07:43 AM
$30 bux gotcha. Hopefully the front bumper doesn't stay on my Yaris long enough to annoy the heck outta me into getting this done and gets replaced with a JDM one ASAP. Black Yaris thanks for all the info you've given. :thumbsup:

are front plates the law in cali?

R0ME0
03-13-2007, 09:22 AM
are front plates the law in cali?

In Cali yes, pretty much most of the states its a law but the way I see it is that if you don't drive stupid and ask to be pulled over you should be fine. All my cars I've had over the years all never had a front plate and I was fine.