PDA

View Full Version : bumper material??

hoahmaru
05-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey everyone,

just wanted to know if any knows what kind of material is the Yaris front and back bumper made out of? Is it plastic? I've heard from some people that it is plastic. The reason I'am asking this question is that I was washing my car today and I saw alot of little brown specs on the back bumper. I tried to polish them off but it didn't come off. I thought it might have been rust, but I only had the car for a month and a half and mostly garage stored. So I kinda doubt that it would be rust. The little specs are really really really small, I was thinking that it could be some small particle that got trapped in the paint. There is about over a dozen off them. If the bumper is indeed plastic, then I don't think it would be rust, correct??? Please verify....

echo_hrs
05-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Probably industrial fallout from the train transport (metal particles that rust trapped on the surface of the paint)...You can try using a clay bar to get rid of it...The bumpers are plastic...

hoahmaru
05-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Probably industrial fallout from the train transport (metal particles that rust trapped on the surface of the paint)...You can try using a clay bar to get rid of it...The bumpers are plastic...

can you tell me what are clay bars and where I can get some?? And also if I just leave these metal particles there will they eventually cause rust? Thanx.

AlphaFox
05-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Its some kind of road tar, I have it on my car. just scrub it hard with a wet cloth and it should come off..

bnther36
06-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Anyone know what kind of plastic it is? Or better yet where I can get some of it; (thinking of making some mod's)

jlift
06-15-2007, 12:37 PM
You could also try some auto bug/tar remover spray. At your local auto store/walmart, etc.

As far as clay, you could try the clay bar, the chemical liquid clay (FK1usa.com has a three step method and sells this product), or, you could try the diamondite speed clay, which is a "foam" type of clay.

I don't know about the scrubbing with a cloth, though....I think that either clay product would be a much better idea.