PDA

View Full Version : Blitz air filter replacement

yrsdrgn
03-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Ok. This might be a stupid question but I'm still new to anything concerning the engine compartment of vehicles. So I just ordered the Blitz air filter for the HB Yarii and I'm looking at the air box in the car, I'm wondering "How the heck am I suppose to replace it?" Do I have to remove the whole plastic box and somehow shove the filter in? :help:

punch
03-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Ok. This might be a stupid question but I'm still new to anything concerning the engine compartment of vehicles. So I just ordered the Blitz air filter for the HB Yarii and I'm looking at the air box in the car, I'm wondering "How the heck am I suppose to replace it?" Do I have to remove the whole plastic box and somehow shove the filter in? :help:

being to lazy to look myself, whats the blitz filter come with, the 1 posted on this site was just a cone filter, you still need to buy the short ram pipeing

Chris07LB
03-08-2007, 07:25 PM
If its just a "replacement" filter, you just un-clip the 2 metal clips on the right side of your air boxes top. The top will now be loose from the bottom, that is anchored into the car itself. Slide out the white paper Toyota original filter, and slid in your new replacement.

Blitz also sells their cone filter, that replaces the entire stock air box, and gives you and adapter and cone style filter. Not much to their kit. NOTHING else needs to be purchased, it comes complete.