PDA

View Full Version : Security upgrade

Ryu
05-07-2006, 01:52 PM
I just went through toyota website, and saw an "security upgrade" option for Yaris for $82.25.
They did mention dealer installed keyless entry required.

My yaris got the B-package so it already comes with a keyless entry, so it does meet it's requirement.

I am wondering what kind of function does it perform exactly, and is it worth it.

Any input will be appreciated

jah
05-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Maybe adds the "engine imobilizer"?

corey415
05-07-2006, 04:54 PM
If it requires the keyless entry that implies that the upgrade is an alarm. However, an the alarm should cost way more than $82.

If you just have keyless without the alarm that means if you lock your car and someone breaks your windows and opens the door, the car wont make a peep.

Schmingie
05-07-2006, 06:05 PM
unfortunately the security upgrade only works with dealer installed keyless entry - not factory keyless entry. So.... it will not work in your case.

Sorry :(

why?
05-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Wasn't there another system for the factory keyless entry?

For some reason I think there was 2 security systems for the Yaris. I wish I could find where I saw them again.

spacemanoeuvres
05-09-2006, 06:02 PM
I asked my dealer about the $80 security upgrage, but they didn't know what I was talking about...?

They also indicated their "security upgrade" (alarm system) would cost $400 installed (damn!).

At any rate, I have a Yaris on order with keyless entry (factory installed), and I was wondering if the alarm (dealer installed or otherwise) could be integrated with the keyless entry feature?

i.e. one button = alarm off and unlock doors?

Thanks in advance!

jah
05-09-2006, 06:27 PM
If you have the power package then you can add the Toyota RS3200 or RS3200+
http://www.toyotaownersonline.com/accessories/vip-security.php
The 3200 gives you a glass break sensor, and keyfob that open/closes the doors locks, activating/de-activating the alarm. The RS3200+ is for the keyless entry.

spacemanoeuvres
05-09-2006, 09:00 PM
If you have the power package then you can add the Toyota RS3200 or RS3200+
http://www.toyotaownersonline.com/accessories/vip-security.php
The 3200 gives you a glass break sensor, and keyfob that open/closes the doors locks, activating/de-activating the alarm. The RS3200+ is for the keyless entry.

Nice!

Thanks for the link :thumbsup: