PDA

View Full Version : Dealer MOD's

silverRS
05-07-2006, 07:18 PM
I just got a 5 door RS, along with the lowering springs and performance exhaust system. Does anybody know how much worse the fuel economy will be with the exhaust system??? or will it just decreasy a little bit???

Sp33dY
05-07-2006, 07:53 PM
if u are revving the same, it shouldnt change at all.

jcove
05-07-2006, 09:11 PM
I just got a 5 door RS, along with the lowering springs and performance exhaust system. Does anybody know how much worse the fuel economy will be with the exhaust system??? or will it just decreasy a little bit???

If you drive the same, especially on the highway, you may actually get better gas milage. A little more power/the car wroks less. It may not be enough to get a big gain, but maybe a little. I've experianced this with other cars, not just blowing wind. I'm looking forward to my exhaust. A little while longer.....:biggrin:

echo_hrs
05-07-2006, 10:01 PM
You'll be lucky if the dealer installed performance exhaust (aka. Borla muffler) gives 1 hp at the wheels. Chances are the sound of the exhaust at high revs will inspire a heavy foot, decreasing your fuel economy...

jcove
05-08-2006, 06:46 AM
You'll be lucky if the dealer installed performance exhaust (aka. Borla muffler) gives 1 hp at the wheels. Chances are the sound of the exhaust at high revs will inspire a heavy foot, decreasing your fuel economy...

That will be me at first. LOL. But it should give a little more than that, maybe not much, but I'll see if I can get mine dyno'd when I get my exhaust. Although it won't be the dealer installed part, but it should be the same shoudn't it? Is the Dealer installed exhaust just an axle back or is it an actual cat back? Just curious. (Axle back = just muffler, Cat back = resonator, tubing from Cat back including the muffler)

AlphaFox
05-08-2006, 12:39 PM
1 hp?? More like 5-10 id think. with an intake + exaust they say 15 or so gain for most cars. and yes it will help your gas milage since its less restrictive and the engine has to work less.

riceboy
05-08-2006, 01:28 PM
I got 565km on my first tank of gas, and I'm running the same setup....

AlphaFox
05-08-2006, 02:06 PM
km.... ????

silverRS
05-08-2006, 04:18 PM
cool thanks for the response everyone....ya I was just a little nervous of screwing up that great fuel mileage. And I don't even know if its a cat back system??? anybody know??