PDA

View Full Version : K&n Typhoon Intake

Silver Streak
02-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Hey all, I have one of these and absolutely love it. I was wondering though if I were to switch out the filter it came with for a smaller, or larger one would it add additional power and or sound?

BEEF
02-26-2013, 11:17 PM
power wise, I would be surprised if there is a big difference. with the sound, that is easy. get a friend to rev it with the filter the way it is, then take the filter off and do it again. just do it in a clean environment (as clean as possible).

I remember doing this once on the dyno and it netted me 0.2hp. that may sound like a lot but it was on a V8 Dodge pickup that had a lot of other mods as well. I don't really think the power difference will be noticeable.

Also, the sound directly under the hood will be different than in the cabin and the sound reving the engine vs under a load. (all that good ole disclaimery type stuff)

You could just get garm's Intake manifold... That should increase power and sound.

Silver Streak
02-26-2013, 11:39 PM
Thanks Beef, I would never actually run it without a filter. I think you're right though I would assume that K&N did their homework and picked the best filter for the application.