PDA

View Full Version : How much spacers can I safely use ?

nurburgring
03-21-2007, 11:50 AM
How many millimetres of spacers can I savely use on a Yaris ? :iono:

largeorangefont
03-21-2007, 12:28 PM
5mm or less. Otherwise I'd get longer studs.

marcus
03-27-2007, 11:55 AM
no point of putting spacers for 5mm... 15mm atleast...but find out how fast itll burn ur bearings!!!

yrsdrgn
03-27-2007, 02:27 PM
15mm but you have to buy longer studs first. 5mm is the max for the stock studs but won't give your rear as flush a look as 15mm would.

spkrman
03-27-2007, 03:47 PM
i might try some 5mm on the rear, I'd like a little more flush myself.

yrsdrgn
03-27-2007, 03:54 PM
15mm for sure will make it flush...even for my buddy's xB he needed to drop in som 15mm spacers to make his shumauchers look flush. but as far as stock is, 5mm for Yari hehe.

marcus
03-27-2007, 05:21 PM
i see its the stud problem...that sucks..i love a car that has tire sticking out of the fender.. although illegal in some states.

Black Yaris
03-27-2007, 11:01 PM
all you need is 5 full turns on the stud from the lug nut, to be safe, so what ever is left over you can run a spacer, but in gods name why would you want to run a spacer in the first place?

nurburgring
03-28-2007, 04:13 AM
The rims that I love only comes in +45. As you have mention, +38 is the offset to go for.

I dont understand how more damaging running 5 mm spacers together with a +40 is more damaging than a rim with +35 no spacers. They place the same leverage on the suspension components.

largeorangefont
03-28-2007, 11:00 AM
The rims that I love only comes in +45. As you have mention, +38 is the offset to go for.

I dont understand how more damaging running 5 mm spacers together with a +40 is more damaging than a rim with +35 no spacers. They place the same leverage on the suspension components.

You are right. There is no difference running a +40 with a 5 mm spacer and a +35 wheel only.

You will be fine with +45. Acutally you will get LESS rubbing. Run the 5mm spacer in the back to get the weel a bit more flush, and nothing in the front.

I checked last weekend and my tires are rubbing on the OUTSIDE of the front fenderwell, very, very slightly. If I was running a +38 I would be rubbing very hard on the outside front, and the rear outside when fully loaded. +38 IS NOT the optimum offset in all situations.

With +40 the car rubs slightly in the front, and I can cut very small piece out of the plastic inner fender and in won't rub at all. With a 7 inch wheel on +45 it won't rub at all, front or rear.

Ashley

marcus
03-28-2007, 11:10 AM
better traction on road although stresses ur ball bearings..

Black Yaris
03-28-2007, 11:17 AM
You are right. There is no difference running a +40 with a 5 mm spacer and a +35 wheel only.

You will be fine with +45. Acutally you will get LESS rubbing. Run the 5mm spacer in the back to get the weel a bit more flush, and nothing in the front.

I checked last weekend and my tires are rubbing on the OUTSIDE of the front fenderwell, very, very slightly. If I was running a +38 I would be rubbing very hard on the outside front, and the rear outside when fully loaded. +38 IS NOT the optimum offset in all situations.

With +40 the car rubs slightly in the front, and I can cut very small piece out of the plastic inner fender and in won't rub at all. With a 7 inch wheel on +45 it won't rub at all, front or rear.

Ashley
It all depends on the size tire you are running as well I am running the widest possible tire for the Yaris and +38 is the only with I can run with out rubbing... if I were to run a +45 with 9inches of rubber I could use my tires as brakes on a full lock turn

largeorangefont
03-28-2007, 06:29 PM
It all depends on the size tire you are running as well I am running the widest possible tire for the Yaris and +38 is the only with I can run with out rubbing... if I were to run a +45 with 9inches of rubber I could use my tires as brakes on a full lock turn

If your car was lowered you'd be destroying the fenders with those tires and that offset.

Black Yaris
03-28-2007, 06:40 PM
there are ppl on here with the same setup running the same offset, and lowered no problems... lets check with guy with the blitz superchager... he has the same setup

largeorangefont
03-28-2007, 07:06 PM
there are ppl on here with the same setup running the same offset, and lowered no problems... lets check with guy with the blitz superchager... he has the same setup

If I had +38 or 215 tires it would be ugly. If I had 205/45/16s I'm sure it wouldnt rub at all. I am lowered 1.7 inches all around. TRD springs or NF210s would give you a bit more wiggle room.

Lock to Lock I dont rub at all.

OxyG3nE
03-28-2007, 08:43 PM
i have 17"wheel with 205 40/17 tire and the NF210 drop. and it rub sometime if the road is not good.. but not that much and its flush..

nurburgring
03-29-2007, 07:25 AM
OKay... lets get this straight.

Largeorangefont says.... +40s, it rubs abit on the fenders.
Black yaris says... +38s, it does not rub at all.

Its very contradicting I would say. I'm buying a set of wheels this weekend, and this information isnt very helpful. I used to think +45s will rub on the inside, according to Black yaris. What now ? I would be getting 205/50R16 .. 16x7s. I like the wheels to look large... versus smaller. PLus it will ride quieter and a little better.

Plssss clarify!

By the way, My Yaris is here! and it rides nice and quiet at the moment. I find the rear insulation rather poor. I can hear outside people talking clearly from the backwindscreen.

largeorangefont
03-29-2007, 09:14 AM
OKay... lets get this straight.

Largeorangefont says.... +40s, it rubs abit on the fenders.
Black yaris says... +38s, it does not rub at all.

Its very contradicting I would say. I'm buying a set of wheels this weekend, and this information isnt very helpful. I used to think +45s will rub on the inside, according to Black yaris. What now ? I would be getting 205/50R16 .. 16x7s. I like the wheels to look large... versus smaller. PLus it will ride quieter and a little better.

Plssss clarify!

By the way, My Yaris is here! and it rides nice and quiet at the moment. I find the rear insulation rather poor. I can hear outside people talking clearly from the backwindscreen.

If you are getting a setup similar to what I have then it would be wise to follow my reccomendations. Are you going to lower the car?

Black's car is stock height. That is why it dosent rub. He would have rubbing problems if his car was lowered.

The rubbing on my car is minimal, and I am lowered fairly agressively. 1.7 inches all around. If you do not lower it as much as me you should have no problem at all. If you do lower as much as me, you should see less rubbing than me based on your offset.

nurburgring
03-29-2007, 09:44 AM
If you are getting a setup similar to what I have then it would be wise to follow my reccomendations. Are you going to lower the car?

Black's car is stock height. That is why it dosent rub. He would have rubbing problems if his car was lowered.

The rubbing on my car is minimal, and I am lowered fairly agressively. 1.7 inches all around. If you do not lower it as much as me you should have no problem at all. If you do lower as much as me, you should see less rubbing than me based on your offset.

Thanks for your feedback. You used to say your tyre rubs on the inner guard of the wheel well. Am I right to say, u discovered that the rubbing actually occurs on the inner side of the fenders instead ?

I'll be doing NF210s. :headbang:

largeorangefont
03-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks for your feedback. You used to say your tyre rubs on the inner guard of the wheel well. Am I right to say, u discovered that the rubbing actually occurs on the inner side of the fenders instead ?

I'll be doing NF210s. :headbang:

Correct. I thought it was on the inside, but jacked the car up this weekend and looked and it is rubbing on the outside. It is about a 1 inch by 2 inch section where it is hitting, not much at all. Woth NF210s you should be fine.