PDA

View Full Version : 2009 sedan s change headlight BULB

peewee1
04-25-2013, 06:02 AM
Is there any way besides taking the front bumper off to change a headlight bulb?? This is a 2009 sedan s. Can I go remove a wheel and go in that way or can I go in through the engine compartment( medium size hands)?I would like to hear from someone that has actually done a bulb removal on a 2009 sedan s..

YarisSedan
04-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Is there any way besides taking the front bumper off to change a headlight bulb?? This is a 2009 sedan s. Can I go remove a wheel and go in that way or can I go in through the engine compartment( medium size hands)?I would like to hear from someone that has actually done a bulb removal on a 2009 sedan s..
You dont need to take the bumper off you just reach behind the headlight pull the connector to the bulb of pull the rubber seal off and take the bulb off.

nookandcrannycar
04-25-2013, 05:11 PM
You dont need to take the bumper off you just reach behind the headlight pull the connector to the bulb of pull the rubber seal off and take the bulb off.

^^^^^ This. But you need to 'pinch' the clip holding it in place before pulling on the bulb (unless the sedan is different from the 3-door hatch)

ciscobear
04-26-2013, 07:45 AM
Guys are right, no need to take bumper off. Very easy to do. Should take less than 5 mins really.