PDA

View Full Version : FUNK

peewee1
05-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Ive had a few cases of the vent funk so i ran off to Home Depot and bought a bottle of spray CONCROBIUM. I gave my Yaris a couple sprays in the store parking lot--time to see if this sh-- works. First test was the 25 mile trip to my house. I ran the ac and the all the vent systems,the blower etc. etc.outside air,inside air the whole 9 yards...... NO FUNK.........YET, I'll keep in touch.

peewee1
05-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Just to stay on top of things I lightly sprayed(6/7 squirts) concrobium down the outside air intake vents. Ran air hot and cold and all vents,all settings all random stuff to circulate the air.Drove @25 miles=no smell..At the first sign of funky smell I'm going to check that the ac drain hose is open and properly draining.....

BLH
05-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Have you also verified you have a Cabin Air Filter?
My 2007 shipped with none installed. I understand most Yaris's where like mine. None from the factory.

Kaotic Lazagna
05-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Yup, had to make my own reusable cabin filter. Just cleaned it a couple of weeks ago, caught so much dirt. Pretty disgusting.

Anywho, it's suggested that you turn off the AC and put the fan on "fresh" air a mile or two before you destination to, I guess, clean out the system of the AC since it causes moisture (???) if left on until the destination, and will let mold grow (???), which is what causes the funky smell? I haven't dealt with the funky smell by following that.

peewee1
05-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Yes I have a new cabin filter installed one month ago.

peewee1
05-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Yup, had to make my own reusable cabin filter. Just cleaned it a couple of weeks ago, caught so much dirt. Pretty disgusting.

Anywho, it's suggested that you turn off the AC and put the fan on "fresh" air a mile or two before you destination to, I guess, clean out the system of the AC since it causes moisture (???) if left on until the destination, and will let mold grow (???), which is what causes the funky smell? I haven't dealt with the funky smell by following that.

Have you checked the drain hose for the ac, to be sure its draining...Backed up water collecting in the ac will stink....

peewee1
05-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Yes, if the smell comes back, im checking the drain hose.

peewee1
05-06-2013, 05:12 AM
Checked and probed the drain hose= completely dry, not plugged.....

padre1964
05-06-2013, 10:10 AM
I highly recommend Klima-Cleaner. Can be readily available online. Have not seen it sold locally. It's under $20 but worth every penny. I used it on my 09 and it eliminated that wet dog smell instantly. Still have plenty available incase my 2012 has the same issue.

padre1964
05-06-2013, 10:14 AM
I believe what you have is mold that is present since the condenser doesn't drain properly. I would imagine it is not very safe to inhale which is why i took care of it immediately