PDA

View Full Version : Battery Losing Its Charge over night

mamun22s
05-05-2013, 01:56 AM
I have Vitz 2000 /1300CC. When I start my car at morning it takes too long to start, needs 4~10 key stroke. But after start round the day it works good. Now Its very difficult to start. Now i goes to battery shop its only 6 months old and shopkeeper check and told me that the battery is good enough and suggest me to open the negative cable disconnect from the ground at night. And in my case its working. Now please any one help to how I find where it drain and what to check.

YarisSedan
05-05-2013, 02:11 AM
Do you have or have acesss to a test light or multi meter. Easiest way to locate the short is disconect the negative battery and introduce your multi meter across the terminal and measure the amperage draw, You probably have something like like half a amp if its killing the battery every night, or if not use your test light and see it it lights up brightly. Then start disconnecting fuses from your fuse box one by one till you see either the light go out or a drop in amperage.

That will isolate the circuit that has the short, if its something non essential such as the cigarette lighter you can leave the fuse out for the time being.