PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Yaris with P0138 code

mnbvczxc
05-26-2013, 01:02 AM
I don't know if there is a sub-code for this but if there is then it's 07E8, it's just that I'm using a buddy's OBD unit and I know almost nothing about them or these cars for that matter. My question is what part would you replace first and where abouts is it on my car. I'm good with a wrench so you just have to point me at the defective part . . .

Thanks for any and all help.

Ron

CTScott
05-26-2013, 06:36 AM
P0138 is: Oxygen Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

That would be the sensor after the catalytic converter on the exhaust. How many miles are on the car?

mnbvczxc
05-26-2013, 07:21 AM
Hi Scott, thanks for the help, I noticed that one of the cars in your lineup is very similar looking to mine including even the blue colour. My car has about 210,000 km on it and apart from that spiral cable issue (thanks again for your help) and this sensor, it has run perfectly.

Ron

CTScott
05-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Hi Scott, thanks for the help, I noticed that one of the cars in your lineup is very similar looking to mine including even the blue colour. My car has about 210,000 km on it and apart from that spiral cable issue (thanks again for your help) and this sensor, it has run perfectly.

Ron

210K km is a reasonable life for that sensor. There is a slight possibility that the CAT is reaching the end of its useful life, but my bet is that you will change the sensor and it will be fine.

frog13
05-30-2013, 10:28 PM
If there is a MAF (Mass Air Flow sensor) try cleaning that also....if the Yaris has one?.