PDA

View Full Version : Help! High coolant temp light! (I think) ctscott!

jRoss
05-29-2013, 03:09 AM
Sometimes when I shift kinda hard into either 2nd or 3rd gear, mostly only when I'm turning, I believe my high coolant temp light comes on. At least I think that's what it looks like, it's orange, two humps with a pole in the middle? I don't think my radiator fan is coming on! I just drove to Chicago and back so that may have done it. I don't think the car is actually overheating because the light doesn't stay on, correct? Kinda weird to me that it only happens when shifting and turning. Any insight would be great, I'd like to get this fixed ASAP cause I need my car all the time.

ilikerice
05-29-2013, 03:47 AM
Sounds like tire pressure light as u describe it. Try adding air into the tires first

jRoss
05-29-2013, 04:06 AM
No it's def not tire pressure, that stays on all the time cause my rims don't have sensors. It's on the left side of the cluster close to trac off.

jRoss
05-29-2013, 05:31 AM
Used someone else's owners manual, low wiper fluid haha sorry just got freaked out on the way home from work

DebbyM46227
05-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Used someone else's owners manual, low wiper fluid haha sorry just got freaked out on the way home from work

That freaked me out too the first time I saw it while shifting gears - but I knew it wasn't the coolant light.

TOLMACH
05-29-2013, 12:21 PM

had the same problem couple weeks ago.. )) had to accelerate several times to diagnose the problem ))