PDA

View Full Version : Replacement of interior light bulb (New Yaris)

Geoff Peace
06-10-2013, 12:59 PM
I need to replace a bulb in the interior light of the new Yaris TR. (Mk.3 Yaris). There are no instructions in the handbook and I can only find guides on the internet for the Mk.1 and Mk.2 I have tried to locate locking tabs etc. without success. I do not want to pry too hard and break the plastic. It is unclear whether the outer cover detaches or the light is a complete unit. Does anyone know the correct procedure please? Photographs would be of great help if that is possible.
Regards Geoff Peace.

Eren_13
06-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Hi Geoff

I've changed both the interior map reading lights and dome. Both of which I just pried on the plastic bits and they eventually do pop off. Can get you reference photos of where I pulled if you wish? Are you changing the centre lights or the ones above driver and passenger?

Eren.

Geoff Peace
06-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Hi Geoff

I've changed both the interior map reading lights and dome. Both of which I just pried on the plastic bits and they eventually do pop off. Can get you reference photos of where I pulled if you wish? Are you changing the centre lights or the ones above driver and passenger?

Eren.

Thankyou for your reply Eren. It is the centre light bulb I need to change, the ones over the passenger/driver, vanity lights I think they are called are OK. Photographs would be an enormous help, I am very wary of plastic parts and simply do not wish to break anything. Once again, thankyou for your help.
Regards Geoff Peace.

screenprintr
06-11-2013, 07:04 PM
I hate those plastic screws or whatever they call them. now.

Eren_13
06-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Thankyou for your reply Eren. It is the centre light bulb I need to change, the ones over the passenger/driver, vanity lights I think they are called are OK. Photographs would be an enormous help, I am very wary of plastic parts and simply do not wish to break anything. Once again, thankyou for your help.
Regards Geoff Peace.

You're very welcome. The centre lights I literally just pulled at the sides of the plastic cover and off it popped. Seeing as there was no help in the manual I did in fact take a risk as I wasn't sure if the whole unit would come out. I'll try and upload some photos this evening Geoff and hopefully they'll help. I don't want to suggest pulling in case it does go the opposite way for you and then it breaks but that's what I did so if you feel up to it then give it a go.

Geoff Peace
06-12-2013, 12:50 PM
You're very welcome. The centre lights I literally just pulled at the sides of the plastic cover and off it popped. Seeing as there was no help in the manual I did in fact take a risk as I wasn't sure if the whole unit would come out. I'll try and upload some photos this evening Geoff and hopefully they'll help. I don't want to suggest pulling in case it does go the opposite way for you and then it breaks but that's what I did so if you feel up to it then give it a go.

Thankyou for your help Erren, I will wait for your photographs before I try. Just to be on the safe side!
Regards Geoff Peace.

Geoff Peace
06-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Thankyou for your help Erren, I will wait for your photographs before I try. Just to be on the safe side!
Regards Geoff Peace. Eren 13. I wonder if you would be so kind as to post a photograph or two showing how to remove the interior light on the Mk.3 Yaris. I have tried pulling and prising but the thing does not want to cooperate. I notice there is now another thread on the same subject on the forum. If you can spare the time I would be most grateful.
Regards Geoff Peace.

Eren_13
06-17-2013, 07:40 AM
Hi Geoff

Apologies for not replying sooner - I've been away for the weekend! I have taken one photo and I hope it's good eh ought, it's literally to show where I pulled the plastic part from.

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/EN_12/A3A58836-A54B-4FA5-BF0A-145F260D1045-10619-000006F80B00CB24.jpg

At the sides where the plastic looks different and looks like two clips is where I got underneath to pull out. It does feel very stiff and like it won't come off but then I moved to the front of the cover where the switches are and pulled it down that way. After a while it does loosen and come off. I was gentle with it but after a bit of perseverance it did pop off.

Hope this helps!

Geoff Peace
06-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Hi Geoff

Apologies for not replying sooner - I've been away for the weekend! I have taken one photo and I hope it's good eh ought, it's literally to show where I pulled the plastic part from.

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/EN_12/A3A58836-A54B-4FA5-BF0A-145F260D1045-10619-000006F80B00CB24.jpg

At the sides where the plastic looks different and looks like two clips is where I got underneath to pull out. It does feel very stiff and like it won't come off but then I moved to the front of the cover where the switches are and pulled it down that way. After a while it does loosen and come off. I was gentle with it but after a bit of perseverance it did pop off.

Hope this helps!Thankyou very much for your time and trouble Eren. The light you show is exactly the same as mine, so I will follow your instructions this week. Once again many thanks.
Regards Geoff Peace.

Eren_13
06-18-2013, 03:02 AM
Not a problem :) Hope this helps. I hope it was clear enough as I explained it. I also found a lack of instruction in the hand book when it came to changing these lights and also the map/vanity lights.

Regards!

RedRide
06-18-2013, 08:47 AM
FWIW......

Even it it looks different due to different model years etc, they all remove the same way. :)