PDA

View Full Version : Wiper removal/rubber replacement?

SECProto
06-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Hey all,

I was given a replacement rubber strip for my 2012 yaris from the dealer, but can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the wiper blade and replace it (dont want to risk damaging it). i've searched this forum and the rest of the internet and even (gasp) the owners manual, but couldnt find it

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks!

screenprintr
06-11-2013, 06:55 PM
They're pretty universal. They slide down toward the bottom of the wipers.

Shroomster
06-15-2013, 10:07 AM
If you're tying to remove the front wiper arm assembly be careful, the service manual states to remove the main arm bolt, then wrap a cord around the secondary arm and tug forcefully up. I managed to just pull/yank really hard on it and it came loose.

2012 YarisSE
08-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Right in the middle of where the wiper blade and wiperarm is located there is a clip. Lift the clip up and slide the blade down. Thats how you can remove the blade.

Geoff Peace
08-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Right in the middle of where the wiper blade and wiperarm is located there is a clip. Lift the clip up and slide the blade down. Thats how you can remove the blade. As above if you kook in the centre of the wiper blade the side toward the outer edge of the windscreen you will see a rectangle. This will hinge upward if you apply a screwdriver at its outer edge. Once you have done this, the blade turns at right angles to the arm and slides out. When I bought my car I thought of this and one of the technicians at the dealership showed me how it was done.
Regards Geoff Peace.

alanwagen
08-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Next time, just buy the whole blade, around 5 bucks. They sell them at Wal-Mart, Target, Pep Boys or any auto supply. It just clips on the arm and you do not have to remove the rubber. The nice thing is you get the whole new blade with the proper tension for better performance. You also have the option to upgrade to the RainX blades which are supposed to be longer lasting but I have never tried them. Live and learn, I guess. :eyebulge:

MUSKOKA800
08-12-2013, 07:50 PM
OEM replacement wiper rubber for our wipers are inexpensive ($6-7 each) at the dealer and seem to outlast even the so-called premium replacements on the market. Rub some Rain-X on the glass (lasts about a year) and you're good to go. Toyota Canada periodically send me parts discount coupons which make those blades even cheaper.

mcastill66
02-04-2015, 01:22 PM
What size are the blades on this model?

Thanks
Mike