PDA

View Full Version : What brake pads and rotors to get ?

Hershey
06-18-2013, 11:01 PM
Plan to have them replaced by the end of the week . Longevity would be good .

Hershey
06-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Anyone using CENTRIC Premium or NAPA Ultra Premium rotors ? Considering BENDIX CT-3 ceramic pads , any input on those or other ceramic brake pads ? Thanks

mr_miles
06-20-2013, 02:03 PM
I personally try to stay away from Napa - I have a long ugly history with them. I bought rear shoes from Garm and Jeff (which I think were centric, and I like them), but other than that I have no idea what's good or not since that's all I've had to change so far.

Jason@SportsCar
06-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Anyone using CENTRIC Premium or NAPA Ultra Premium rotors ? Considering BENDIX CT-3 ceramic pads , any input on those or other ceramic brake pads ? Thanks

Centric replacement rotors are great, I use them on the race car. Good quality materials and a reasonable price.

xnamerxx
06-20-2013, 02:15 PM
I run Centric rotors and they seem to hold up well. I've had the Centric ceramic pads, they were a touch worse than the stock pads, and definitely don't hold up to heat but they do work pretty well in dirt/gravel conditions.

mazilla
06-20-2013, 06:12 PM
I'm running R1 drilled/slotted up front with Hawk pads and Centric shoes in the rear....man that is some stopping power. I have stainless lines waiting, as soon as I stop being a lazy ass I'll throw them on.

All parts are available through MI.

I'm also running ATI Super Blue fluid and speed bleeders all around, those you'll have to source elsewhere.

cali yaris
06-20-2013, 06:49 PM
^ good set up, same here

mazilla
06-20-2013, 07:08 PM
^ good set up, same here

I copied your setup. I figured if it's enough to stop the beast then I'm done with brakes....which is a pretty good feeling considering how relatively inexpensive that all was. It's almost too much stopping power for street use, it takes a little while to get used to. That's one of the reasons I didn't throw the new lines on at the same time, I didn't want to much too soon without time to adjust.

Hershey
06-20-2013, 11:34 PM
Thanks for your input . Would've done the CENTRIC rotors and pads but wouldn't get them in time for the appointment . Picked up the NAPA Premium rotors and ceramic pads . They cost $126 with tax , This included a 20% off printable coupon from NAPA , http://www.napaonline.com/Savings/CurrentPromotions/20PercentOffCoupon , this ends June 25th . Used the $100 Debit card to pay for part of them . The debit card was from GM for the purchase of 4 Bridgestone Ecopia 422 tires in early spring . Will consider the CENTRIC in the future . The HAWK caught my attention as well . Will let you know how the NAPA Premium rotor and pads perform .

Hershey
06-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Here's the original rotors with 61,600+ miles and the new ones from NAPA . Labor was $40 . So , $167 total . Forgot to get pics of the pads . The pads had uneven wear on the passenger side with the rotor that has the most rust . The brake fluid reservoir was close to the LOW mark and is now at MAX level with new pads and rotors .

Hershey
06-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Is it possible gas mileage could've been affected with the condition of these rotors ?

09cptn
06-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Is it possible gas mileage could've been affected with the condition of these rotors ?

Probably only if they were sticking. Were they badly warped? If they were so badly warped that they occasionally touched the pads without you touching the pedal, then probably, but your gas mileage seems good to me.

Hershey
06-24-2013, 11:09 PM
We were told they were sticking . Time will tell .