PDA

View Full Version : car scratched badly over night

natashagwitt
06-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Someone hit my car overnight...street parking :( My 2008 Yaris looks awful now...

I don't think it is even worth me paying my $500 deductible to have my rates increase? But I am guessing this will be much more than $500 in repairs?

Any suggestions? Anyway I can get some of this fixed sort of on my own?

YarisSedan
06-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Looking at that its going to be at least 1,500 dollar repair if you play to pay out of pocket expense. If it not your fault that it got hit which is obvious your rates will not be affected. My car got hit twice once while parked and second time a hit a run I had to pay my 500 dollar deductible but my rates never went up.

YarisSedan
06-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Although if you really feel you want to not report it to insurance i would see how much of the damage can buff off first. For the dents on the door if the doors open and close smoothly still I would check your local craigslist for paintless dent removal and or a mobile paint doctor.

WeeYari
06-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Comp claim, no effect on rates.

That damage would appear to be beyond the capabilities of PDR. Those people cannot truly successfully remove dents from seam areas, which is the case here with the doors and the rear dog leg.

Astroman
06-21-2013, 12:39 PM
A hit and run is different. My deductible was only $300, and because I wasn't at fault and the other guy took off, no effect on rates. That is if you have uninsured motorist coverage.

justjesus
06-21-2013, 08:07 PM
This is NOT a COMP claim. This is straight up Collision claim.

This is a non-fault accident, therefore a non-chargeable accident/claim. Your rates should not increase due to this loss.

The repair estimate will exceed 1,500 (based on California rates), and I'm being very conservative with the figure.

My GF has successfully had her deductible waived, but she had to fight for it. I've been working auto claims over 10 years, and I don't waive deductibles. So do your best to try to have it waived.

harda toenail
06-21-2013, 08:26 PM
That won't be cheap at all. The simplest thing to do is call and talk to an insurance agent. They are usually nice and will talk you through options. Good luck and sorry for your situation.

Chifte
06-22-2013, 01:35 PM
If it's any indication of price, my ma had the same kind of damage on her 08 Corolla though self inflicted. $1,750 in PA from a reputable shop.

Hershey
06-23-2013, 11:51 AM
What a shame . No :respekt: or responsibility for their actions . . We noticed a new small ding on the front passenger door and another on the driver side rear door that appeared a few months ago . Both from door to door . That's why no repair to the front . Hope you can get it looking like new again . Best of luck .

Hershey
06-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Yesterday a 1/2 inch size stone came flying off the back of a trailer and hit the hood putting a good sized chip in it . Used touch up paint . Will need another layer . At least it didn't hit the window . We were about 5 car lengths behind it . Amazed how far and high that stone bounced off the road .

natashagwitt
07-01-2013, 06:42 PM
I wanted to update and say that my car is now sort of back to normal.... I had a mobile auto body guy come to me.

RedRide
07-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Looks great. :smile:

justjesus
07-03-2013, 12:12 PM
impressive work for a mobile unit!