PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Questions

jenna
03-26-2007, 12:55 AM
I am going to get a yaris and I have some questions. I want my yaris to be a bit more sporty than stock. I like the look of lowered yaris' but how much should they be lowered generally, and how much does that cost? If I got a body kit would I need to lower it? Doesn't the kit give it that lowered look?

spkrman
03-26-2007, 02:08 AM
You can get a lip kit for the "lower" look.. but as far as I know there are no massive drops, 2" is the most, and it looks pretty good.

Body kit may or may not go lower than stock.

Kaotic Lazagna
03-26-2007, 02:37 AM
i personally don't like cars that have an aftermarket body kit and is not lowered...just looked tacky IMO.

spkrman
03-26-2007, 04:57 AM
i personally don't like cars that have an aftermarket body kit and is not lowered...just looked tacky IMO.

depends on the kit.

But for 90% of em... if you dont lay out the car, it looks funky.

LoudYar
03-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Lower it!!

If the gap was any bigger, you need a map to find your way around the fender gap.

jenna
03-26-2007, 12:12 PM
thanks for the replys....how much should a yaris be lowered?

jamal1984
03-26-2007, 12:17 PM
how much should a yaris sedan be lowered? look good and not bouncy. There are so many brands....to make this decision it's really give me headache. Help

ChinoCharles
03-26-2007, 01:57 PM
To answer the "how much should I lower my car" question, decide based on the quality of roads around you. I know when I go to Florida, pavement holds up better in warm weather and the roads are much nicer than where I live in Ohio. If your roads are crap, go with a modest set of springs... TRD's or NF's. If you live where the roads are nicer, you can go a little lower... DF's will work.

Kaotic Lazagna
03-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Lower it!!

If the gap was any bigger, you need a map to find your way around the fender gap.

:laugh:

Kaotic Lazagna
03-26-2007, 03:14 PM
how much should a yaris sedan be lowered? look good and not bouncy. There are so many brands....to make this decision it's really give me headache. Help

i got the Tein S.Tech's to be different from others here. :wink:
they should lower the sedan at least 2 inches.

jdubau55
03-26-2007, 06:06 PM
i got the Tein S.Tech's to be different from others here. :wink:
they should lower the sedan at least 2 inches.

I think I will go this route as well when there are some decent aftermarket shocks\struts finally released. Maybe even go for a nice set of coilovers, that is if I can find a local shop that does corner weighting.

Kaotic Lazagna
03-27-2007, 01:04 AM
i posted some shocks by Tokico, the D-Spec shocks here somewhere. they're pretty pricey, so i would rather cough up a couple extra hundred bucks to get coil overs, which ones...i have no clue.