PDA

View Full Version : Tinting lights and windows

jenna
03-26-2007, 12:09 PM
what is the law for tinting tail lights and windows in California?

jamal1984
03-26-2007, 12:13 PM
70% on the front, the back ANY

jamal1984
03-26-2007, 12:13 PM
taillight, i have no ideas, :)

Kaotic Lazagna
03-26-2007, 03:12 PM
i don't think it's legal to have your lights tinted. jamal has it right with the windows. and for the front windshield, only the top 4 inches may be tinted.

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/CA/

for more info. what i said above is what i was told at a shop here in Sac.

yrsdrgn
04-09-2007, 07:45 PM
how bout headlight film? is it illegal? and no it's not going to be smoked...I'm putting blue film on it. Just wanting to see if any CA people know anything about it since I've been searching online and haven't found anything.

brickhardmeat
04-09-2007, 08:01 PM
should be able to check this on the web, I knwo for most everywhere blue in the fron is gonna be bad illegal, slightly bluish white seems to be ok but blue is probably gonna be a problem, thats for the police, no blue or red in the front and no white/blue in the rear, that's the way I understand it

yrsdrgn
04-09-2007, 08:03 PM
i thought that's for the headlight bulbs? O_o?

brickhardmeat
04-09-2007, 08:06 PM
well, yeah but I'm guessing the film in front is gonna be a problem but I may be off on that, i think anything that the cops can say is "obstructing your lights" they can give you a "fix it" ticket

probably way safer with the light smoke, they may not notice that, blue or yellow is going to be way noticable

yrsdrgn
04-09-2007, 08:07 PM
but blue isn't obstructing the lights in any ways possible. vision isn't reduced at all nor does it give a "bluish" tint to the lights.

brickhardmeat
04-09-2007, 08:10 PM
go for it, tell that to the cops when they pull you over, i'm just sayin', you may never have a problem, lots of people have hids and they are illegal and they don't have problems, not tryin' to rain on your parade, if you wanna do it, do it

go ahead and do your windows blue too

Blenjar
04-09-2007, 08:15 PM
and I tho our 35% was bad..lol 70% is no tints at all..

-- Blen

yrsdrgn
04-09-2007, 08:21 PM
go for it, tell that to the cops when they pull you over, i'm just sayin', you may never have a problem, lots of people have hids and they are illegal and they don't have problems, not tryin' to rain on your parade, if you wanna do it, do it

go ahead and do your windows blue too

Well i just ordered some "optical blue" tint film from www.decalfx.com and I'll probably have them installed next week at the shop i usually go to. I just got blue film put on my side mirrors also since it's cheaper than buying the JDM ones.

aww man you stole my idea haha. tinting windows blue is something i've been wanting to do from the start. to make it look like the mercedes windows would look mighty fine in my opinion. i found a site www.snaptints.com that actually has a tint kit for the USDM yaris LB haha.

and nope. i don't think you were raining on my parade or so you said cuz you basically looking out or saying what you think is safer. good show though. :thumbsup: And i'll let you know if anything happens to me and the popo.

brickhardmeat
04-09-2007, 08:26 PM
you'll probably be alright, it will look good, I had thought about the blue tints on the windows, but I have decided on probably a light smoke for mine, well I think:thumbsup:

we wanna see some pictures when finished:cool:

brickhardmeat
04-09-2007, 08:27 PM
do you have jdm tails?

if not I think you should red out the stock with this look:thumbup:

yrsdrgn
04-09-2007, 08:30 PM
haha I'm just waiting to get the JDM tails. Right now I'm probably gonna have them smoked since i don't really want blue tints in the front and red in the back haha. sorry but no USA themed car for me no offense though it's just something i don't really want hehe.

brickhardmeat
04-09-2007, 08:33 PM
i hear ya but the jdm is solid red right? i really wasn't think'n captian america barf, with a united we stand sticker:barf:

yrsdrgn
04-09-2007, 08:37 PM
i hear ya but the jdm is solid red right? i really wasn't think'n captian america barf, with a united we stand sticker:barf:

touche. haha I'll probably smoke the JDM ones also. I sorta like the LED pattern from the JDM tail light set when it's smoked and the brakes are applied. Here's the before and after pic of my side view mirrors.

P.S. the after picture i took there was when the mirror wasn't done yet and i had to roll down my driver side window.

brickhardmeat
04-09-2007, 08:50 PM
looks good, I think done right this will look very Euro Yaris and not Rice

I'm likin' the blue mirror

haven't seen any smoked JDM yet that I can think of:smile:

yrsdrgn
04-09-2007, 08:58 PM
hehe. Thanks. Well after i pay off the navi and my new tires i'll be going for the JDM tails.

brickhardmeat
04-09-2007, 09:00 PM
so when you get the tires the 5zigen go on? it's gonna be lookin' pretty complete before too long:drool:

yrsdrgn
04-09-2007, 09:32 PM
yea. took the 5zigens off for the time being. i wanted to put my car in a JDM Theory but I found out that it's on April 21 and that's too soon for me to come up with all that dough so maybe next time for me haha

Black Yaris
04-10-2007, 10:29 AM
I do not think it is legal to tint, your headlight or taillights in any state

brickhardmeat
04-10-2007, 12:23 PM
in texas i think you can get away with smoked but blacked out -no way

yrsdrgn
04-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Well, once i get it tinted we'll see if the cops start hassling me.

paradigm
04-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Dont really think it makes a difference with the tailights as long as they are the proper color. As for the headlights, i'm guessing it would just be one of those things that could be used as an excuse to pull you over if the cop just wants to check out your car.

yrsdrgn
04-17-2007, 03:56 PM
well i ripped my headlight film off my car cuz hella cops started popping up and I almost got caught. Glad the cop was talking to someone and was out of his car but he was mugging at me pretty badly.

gm830
05-19-2007, 11:25 PM
70% visibility for the front windows?? omg that sux!! i think it's odd looking to have a car with just the back windows dark. Arnold better do something about this!