PDA

View Full Version : Cost of first servicing

Island Boy
05-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Just called 3 Toyota dealers on the island (Victoria, Duncan and Nanaimo)to see how much the 1st servicing on the Yaris would be, and it ranged from $40 to $43 every thing(taxes, enviro fee's etc) included. It's just an oil/filter change and they check things like hoses, belts, fluids etc, but it still seems kind of steep. My figures are in Canadian $
Not including those people who get "free" servicing, what is everyone else paying.:burnrubber:

Snake
05-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Just called 3 Toyota dealers on the island (Victoria, Duncan and Nanaimo)to see how much the 1st servicing on the Yaris would be, and it ranged from $40 to $43 every thing(taxes, enviro fee's etc) included. It's just an oil/filter change and they check things like hoses, belts, fluids etc, but it still seems kind of steep. My figures are in Canadian $
Not including those people who get "free" servicing, what is everyone else paying.:burnrubber:

if you think thats steep wait till you blow your clutch on a yaris, i remember they quoted me $950 US on a clutch and install because its not covered under warranty

Ziv
05-12-2006, 01:34 PM
cluth is not cover under warranty???? shitty

Ziv
05-12-2006, 01:35 PM
and yeah, for those of us in toronto, servicing would be around $40 and few weeks ago you should receive a coupon that you get a free LED flash lights.

stuffy
05-12-2006, 02:11 PM
i got my flash light last week and my first service was free, the flash light is pretty cook, just crank it for a minute and you get 20 min of light.

stuffy
05-12-2006, 02:12 PM
pretty cool, not cook, or maybe it's pretty cookn'.....

one or the other

Ziv
05-12-2006, 03:15 PM
How did you get yours for free? just bargain when you get there? or you get it when you brought your car?

stuffy
05-12-2006, 03:42 PM
just the dealer's policy

Macel
05-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Last I checked, very few cars' clutches are under warranty.. They usually fall under normal wear and tear. Same as with brakes and rotors.

$950 seems fairly typical... Actually, maybe a little on the cheap side...

The question I have is how long it will last.. Hopefully, being a toyota, more than 100,000 miles if you treat it right.

Snake
05-12-2006, 07:47 PM
the clutch on the yaris is garbage, you will be lucky to get 10k out of it
I will be upgrading mine with a clutchmasters soon after they release a stage 3 setup
guys with the scions were having problems with their clutches even after only 2000 miles, im assuming its a similar clutch disc

Macel
05-12-2006, 08:09 PM
I will be upgrading mine with a clutchmasters soon after they release a stage 3 setup
guys with the scions were having problems with their clutches even after only 2000 miles, im assuming its a similar clutch disc

10,000 miles? whoa... Maybe I should reconsider then :P

edit: I really hope you typoed and meant 100k, not 10k..

If you trash even a cheapo clutch in 10,000 miles, you really gotta learn how to drive a standard, or you gotta stop using it like a racing clutch lol..

NickNickNick
05-12-2006, 10:46 PM
First service in Regina, Saskatchewan = 33$ CDN.

Snake
05-13-2006, 01:42 AM
buy one and see how long a $40 clutch disc lasts...

Ziv
05-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Went for my first servicing/oil change yesterday, cost me $40 tax incld. It ain't so bad in Richmond Hill Toyota, pretty quick. I think they take longer to gimme that stupid car wash than when I was watching them changing my oil for me.
But for sure next time when I need an oil change I will drive to my buddy's garage, at least I know I will be getting quality motor oil and filter Plus a hell lot cheaper.

DARK505
05-20-2006, 07:21 PM

Snake if you are around i would love to find out if that was a typo or if it is actually 10,000 miles that you are stating... For a toyota i would have thought 100k would be more likely but 10k... wtf

if you think thats steep wait till you blow your clutch on a yaris, i remember they quoted me $950 US on a clutch and install because its not covered under warranty

buy one and see how long a $40 clutch disc lasts...

So just to make sure i understand what you are saying... the clutch they use is a $40 clutch... but they want $900+ for replacement...?