PDA

View Full Version : Help to fix shaky/loose Dashboard Display

CMKfromOZ
07-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Hi, I am new to the forum. I am in Australia and have a 2009 Yaris Hatch. About a month ago, the internal dashboard display panel started shaking when I go over any bump or slightly uneven section of the road. It is quite noticeable now. I had the car in for a regular service last week and the authorised Toyota dealership where I get it serviced said it would cost about A$850 (about US$790) to repair. This seems crazy, because everything works fine (EG clock, speedo, petrol gauge display etc), it just seems like there are a couple of screws or brackets/clamps broken. Can anyone provide advice about how to get into the "dashboard display" section so I can see if I can repair it myself?

eTiMaGo
07-08-2013, 10:04 AM
It's really easy!

First, pull the two long side pieces from the bottom to remove them. Unhook the emergency lights switch

Next, pull forward the tray/dashboard bezel piece forward, it's a bit stiff but will come right off. then you can have complete access to the actual digital display... Not sure if you can fix what's broken, but with the judicious application of some foam tape you can probably stop the rattling..

CMKfromOZ
07-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Thanks for your reply. Can you point me in the direction of some pictures that explain what you suggest I do? Or at least identify the following bits:

the two long side pieces
emergency lights switch
tray/dashboard bezel piece forward

thanks again
CMK

eTiMaGo
07-09-2013, 02:42 AM
even better, straight from Toyota:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/691356/Yaris%20Stuff/Repair%20Manuals/Instrument%20Panel.pdf

Page 16 onward :)

esse10
07-09-2013, 05:11 PM
THANKS FOR POSTING THAT PDF FILE We could all use that in the future.:thumbsup:

CMKfromOZ
07-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Wow, thanks eTiMaGo. I really appreciate you providing that document.

Hopefully I will have time to try to do the repair this weekend.
regards
CMK

SamMechatron
08-23-2017, 03:38 PM
Hi. The link above doesn't have the file anymore and i need it. Can one of you upload it or give me the link to it please. Thanks

SamMechatron
08-23-2017, 03:41 PM
even better, straight from Toyota:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/691356/Yaris%20Stuff/Repair%20Manuals/Instrument%20Panel.pdf

Page 16 onward :)
Hi. Can you please send me this file? Thanks