PDA

View Full Version : Easiest first mod

vaironl
07-12-2013, 12:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

I was seeing my yaris and it feels too 'stocky'.
I have a silver 3 door yaris with manual locks, mirrors, and windows. :frown:
I wounded what might be the easiest mod to make it look more of mine?
I was thinking of some new wheels, but I don't have the DIY equipment nor a garage.

jpmck03
07-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Easiest mod to make with no tools or a garage?

Debadge it! (http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938)

swidd
07-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Remove the interior panels, lay them out on some plastic, and spray them with Plasti Dip. Red, Black, Yellow...

catliektheif
07-13-2013, 09:49 AM
Debadge +1

vaironl
07-13-2013, 07:26 PM
Will it remove any value if I trade it in later on or try to sell it?

malibuguy
07-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Run it into a shopping center light pole...

jpmck03
07-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Will it remove any value if I trade it in later on or try to sell it?

It shouldn't... most of us here will be driving our cars til they die, so I don't think it's too much of a concern... :biggrin:

vaironl
07-14-2013, 12:18 AM
Was actually thinking about plastic dipping the rims or doing some vinyls, but I don't know if that's acceptable or a disgrace to the community :lol:.

HANZO_187
07-14-2013, 02:02 AM
Lol its your car. Let us answer any questions you have. I second the de-badging. It's extremely easy and made my sedan tend to stand out along with plasti-dipping all the silver trim BLAAACK. Another very very easy and awesome mod is to remove the resonator off of the stock air box.

Its a tube that is sticking out of the air box, if its anything close to the 2011 sedan air box its a short tube and all you have to do is tug it out. Shouldn't need much force but look into. Car breathes better and throttle response is greater.

K&N oem style filter was a great investment.

Another no money mod is to remove your back seats if you don't really tend to carry passengers. It shaves a ton of weight off and you can always put them back in if you don't trash or sell them.

These are really easy mods and any one here can appoint you to them and more.

HAVE FUN!

UberSilver
07-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Buy some Mini cooper wheels, or some other OEM type wheels. You can find them for under $200. only tools needed would be in the cars tool kit. Or just add some stripes to the stock wheels. :thumbsup:

Hello Everyone,

I was seeing my yaris and it feels too 'stocky'.
I have a silver 3 door yaris with manual locks, mirrors, and windows. :frown:
I wounded what might be the easiest mod to make it look more of mine?
I was thinking of some new wheels, but I don't have the DIY equipment nor a garage.

vaironl
07-23-2013, 12:36 AM
Buy some Mini cooper wheels, or some other OEM type wheels. You can find them for under $200. only tools needed would be in the cars tool kit. Or just add some stripes to the stock wheels. :thumbsup:

Where do you recommend I get those stripes? I wonder if they'll look good on stock wheels.

Thanks for the advice that might be my first mod but I want to buy proper tools and save a little more for my college stuff before I start modding. But dam those stripes, I have to get some :cry: