PDA

View Full Version : 2 fog light questions

ryota
07-12-2013, 07:57 PM
I was going to send this question to 1NZYaris1 since he was one of the posters for the DIY on the extra parts for installing fog lights. Maybe he will see this (but it doesn't look like he has been on much) otherwise maybe someone else can help.

I went the route of the aftermarket fog light kit with the button and got everything installed along the guidelines of one of the DIY's on here with the exception of the relay and tying into the fuse box under the hood. (i didn't see his post that they were necessary until too late). It looks like my relay doesn't fit the place to plug it in, does anyone know if a relay for a 2007 will work in a 2008? Are they the same? Also what exactly are the connectors that go on the end of the wire that plugs into the harness under the hood?

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15197
the wires are in the first picture. I couldn't find the 2 ends at the parts store near me. I can connect the wires together and put the white connector on. The relay I need is in the last picture.

ciscobear
07-13-2013, 07:23 AM
Those wires are actually Toyota part numbered wires, very very tiny so they fit into the fuse box plugs, the white connector end plugs into the positive side of the fog light kit plugs from the bumper. You can buy a toyota relay or get it from micro image.