PDA

View Full Version : What happened? Loss of acceleration...

lamadoo
07-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Hi guys,

my 2007 yaris just started losing all power when i tried to accelerate all of a sudden, had to pull over.malfunction indicator lamp went on. My oil is fairly new, no signs of leaks:confused: engine made loud noises yikes....

What could this be? Happened after a hours drive, poured petrol and 3mins after pouring petrol i lost all pedal power when i made a turn up a small hilled road.

any help appreciated

junorico24
07-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Could it be a blown head gasket?

lamadoo
07-20-2013, 11:10 AM
Could it be a blown head gasket?

dont think so. no fumes or anything. i re-adjusted my fuel cap and drove home (1min away only). Did some research could our yaris have this ?

--

" on my car (2004 Subaru WRX), a loose filler cap will trigger a check engine light and the limp home mode. The engine computer will drop into a mode where it won't allow revs above a low limit and disallows all boost. Suddenly, you're in a 8:1 compression ratio car and aren't able to get out of your own way on the highway. This isn't a gradual switch, either. All of a sudden, you feel like you're going backwards through rush hour traffic...."

07liftback
07-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Were you trying to link us something? Sounds like your motor just started misfiring randomly. Have you done anything else to the car that would cause this to happen?

lamadoo
07-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Were you trying to link us something? Sounds like your motor just started misfiring randomly. Have you done anything else to the car that would cause this to happen?

I believe it was the air filter. was due to change in 2km more according to manual. box was shaking (probaly too dirty) but after a new filter no more issues.:thumbsup:

07liftback
07-26-2013, 09:16 AM
Great to hear you got that resolved! Guess I should look into it if I ever have this problem!