PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Exhaust Video!

5spBlazer
03-31-2007, 06:36 PM
I wanted to get an exhaust system mostly for the sound. $200+ is really a waste i think on this car. I was however in wal-mart and was walking around in the auto department. I saw this exhaust tip and thought it was nice looking.It cost be $13 and was very easy to install. Just three tightening bolts and I was set. I thought it would make the car look better, and it did, but it also improved the exhaust sound. I made this video to give Yaris world an idea how my car sounds now. Needless to say i think $13 went along way.:thumbup:
http://www.youtube.com/v/iCReSttpjVs
Let me know what your think.

brickhardmeat
03-31-2007, 07:00 PM
Hey tell that lawn guy to turn off the weed eater and then try starting the car up again. Couldn't hear a thing.:rolleyes:

Blenjar
03-31-2007, 07:02 PM
Not bad!!!

-- Blen

Kaotic Lazagna
03-31-2007, 07:29 PM
hmmm, i wonder if that'll fit the sedan. haha...i think i'll go look for that.

Spades
03-31-2007, 09:04 PM
My mother always told me if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all...

But she never said I couldn't laugh! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAH!!!!!

hasher22
03-31-2007, 11:54 PM
farty

Chris07LB
04-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Not so bad for 13 bucks. Long as YOU like it. :thumbsup:

brickhardmeat
04-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Go full Glass Pack!:thumbup:

Chris07LB
04-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Go full Glass Pack!:thumbup:

Unless your talking about before the muffler, under the center of car, then just straight piping back to the bumper(eliminating the stock muffler), then it will work.

If you are just saying to replace the muffler now, with a glasspack, it wont work... they dont make glasspacks that short.

brickhardmeat
04-01-2007, 12:18 PM
That was actually some more of that sarcasm.

I live in Texas and I grew up listening to Silverados "rack their pipes" I am not a fan of annoying muffler sounds. In my opinion it eliminates the point of having a silencer/muffler in the first place.

KSIbucky
04-01-2007, 02:46 PM
My lawn more is lowder really if you really wnat sound spend the 200 The sound makes me happy go for it

Chris07LB
04-01-2007, 02:55 PM
That was actually some more of that sarcasm.

I live in Texas and I grew up listening to Silverados "rack their pipes" I am not a fan of annoying muffler sounds. In my opinion it eliminates the point of having a silencer/muffler in the first place.

You need to learn the meaning of SARCASM then.

brickhardmeat
04-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Sarcasm from Greek σαρκασμός (sarkasmos), 'mockery, sarcasm' is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound[1] — stating the opposite of the intended meaning, e.g. using "that's fantastic" to mean "that's awful". It is used in a humorous manner, often harshly, and is expressed through vocal intonations such as over-emphasizing the actual statement or particular words. Use of sarcasm is sometimes viewed as an expression of concealed anger[2] or annoyance. Sarcasm can also be used situationally for e.g. "the chesterfield is so big" when referring negatively to the fact that the chesterfield is actually small.

When I suggested installing Glass Packs on a Yaris I was certainly being sarcastic.

I'll just be strictly business from now on. Enough of the humor. :laughabove:

Chris07LB
04-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Didnt come off as sarcasm, because it would actually work.. humm, ill have to second guess everytime you make a 4 word sentence now. :laugh:

I have two 2.5" glasspacks here in the garage, dont think for a second I didnt take some measurememnts to see if they'd fit. :laugh:

brickhardmeat
04-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Well, yes after you commented I realized this is a mod someone else may actually want to do. To me it is absolutly not in my interest to make the car sound like that. I like cars that are so quiet you can't tell if the car is still running when you stop at a traffic light, that's my kind of exhaust. I'll have to take into consideration that everyone else doesn't think the same.
Chris, I'll try to be less self centered. :w00t:

Kaotic Lazagna
04-01-2007, 05:41 PM
nope, doesn't fit the sedan for some reason. that's Pilot "something", right? but yeah, it looks too big for it anyway, so i returned it. i want some smaller, like the one from the factory. but for that price, i might as well save a little more to get an actual muffler...