PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to Our Owners

JayPeeEmCeeKay_ZeroThree
10-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Update: I can post again!

Apparently, if you change your e-mail on the forum, your account is deactivated. And the only way to reactivate it is to enter a code that is e-mailed to you. In my case, Google did it's smart inbox filtering, and I never saw it. I just wish that the error message they gave you was a little more user friendly...

YarisBueller (http://yarisworld.com/forums/member.php?u=2) or VitzBoy (http://yarisworld.com/forums/member.php?u=1),

Hi, it's jpmck03 (http://yarisworld.com/forums/member.php?u=16147)! I can no longer make any posts on the site. Every time I do, I'm met with this cryptic message...

I've sent a message to the mods, and they see nothing wrong with my account:
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your account... I just gave your profile a quick look and see nothing weird going on.

Unfortunately, YW moderators have no administrative privileges whatsoever (other than user banning and infractions, and thread maintenance), so if it turns out that there is a problem with your account (which again, is not immediately apparent), your best bet is to try and contact either YarisBueller or VitzBoy to get them to fix it on their end.

Really sorry that we can't help you any further on this!
// tk-421

I can no longer edit my own profile picture, look at my own pictures and albums, edit my signature, track messages, edit my own garage, or reply to any threads I've subscribed to or update any of the half dozen or so DIY/reviews I've made in the past (almost) three years:

I've made hundreds of posts and have tried to be member that contributes to our community.

I know, I could start all over with this user name, but I'd really like to not miss out on the threads I've subscribed to or the ability to know that my DIYs/reviews are up-to-date.

Please fix this.

Thanks,
jpmck03

JayPeeEmCeeKay_ZeroThree
10-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Good grief, I just noticed...

My avatar on the left: gone.

My signature with links to all of my DIYs, reviews: gone.

fnkngrv
10-10-2013, 09:55 AM
that is really weird man...hope it gets hammered out for you!

KCALB SIRAY
10-10-2013, 01:43 PM
You'd have a better chance at ending the 17% government shutdown by yourself than getting an Admin to respond...

nookandcrannycar
10-10-2013, 02:17 PM
You'd have a better chance at ending the 17% government shutdown by yourself than getting an Admin to respond...

:bellyroll:

Astroman
10-10-2013, 04:00 PM
I'll take a look and see what I can do but have even less privileges than tk (can't touch 3rd gen section).

*All it will let me do is ban your old account. I really wish the Admins would let one mod have enhanced privileges to fix some issues. *

JayPeeEmCeeKay_ZeroThree
10-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Thanks guys, and thanks Astroman!

I see that VitzBoy was on the forum on the 30th.

So hopefully, maybe he'll take a look at it whenever he comes back on again...

But, yeah, I won't be holding my breath for this to get fixed anytime soon... :mad:

47_MasoN_47
10-10-2013, 05:45 PM
I think they sign on occasionally just to feed us a glimmer of hope that they'll actually do something.

JayPeeEmCeeKay_ZeroThree
10-20-2013, 10:20 PM
Bump.

:cry:

JayPeeEmCeeKay_ZeroThree
11-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Bump.

:thumbdown:

Do you guys just log in and ignore PMs and the forum?

KCALB SIRAY
11-05-2013, 04:06 PM

:bellyroll:

EDIT:

You'd have a better chance at repealing Obamacare by yourself than getting an Admin to respond...

JayPeeEmCeeKay_ZeroThree
11-05-2013, 05:33 PM
EDIT:

You'd have a better chance at repealing Obamacare by yourself than getting an Admin to respond...

Well, based on everything I've read and heard, Obamacare is collapsing in on itself.

I guess that means there's a small chance I might get things fixed up...

jpmck03
11-20-2013, 10:40 PM
Woah...

I can post!

yarisugi
11-20-2013, 10:44 PM
You can thank Obama now.

nookandcrannycar
11-21-2013, 03:03 AM
EDIT:

:thumbsup::clap: Edit even better than the original :biggrin:!

nookandcrannycar
11-21-2013, 03:04 AM
Well, based on everything I've read and heard, Obamacare is collapsing in on itself.

I guess that means there's a small chance I might get things fixed up...

:biggrin:

nookandcrannycar
11-21-2013, 03:05 AM
You can thank Obama now.

:laugh:

nookandcrannycar
11-21-2013, 03:11 AM
Woah...

I can post!

:thumbsup: Congrats!

AbsoluteFrustration
12-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Woah...

I can post!

Gratz! :clap:

I wonder if there is any hope for the rest of us that have lost an account to the same problem. :frown::help:

jpmck03
12-12-2013, 09:35 PM
I needed to re-register after I changed my e-mail address... but the e-mail was somewhere in auto-sorted in Gmail.

Try this link as with your regular login:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/register.php?a=ver

You might have to have it resend you a new registration code, that's what I had to do.

Teron
12-15-2013, 02:26 AM
That did it! Thanks!