PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket internals for the 07 LB?

SophieSleeps
05-16-2006, 02:39 AM
Out of curiosity, does anyone know of any companies that offer any connecting rods and pistons?

Couldn't find any.

jcove
05-16-2006, 04:13 AM
Out of curiosity, does anyone know of any companies that offer any connecting rods and pistons?

Couldn't find any.

It shouldn't be hard. It's the same engine as the Scion Xa, Xb and Toyota Echo. I haven't searched recently, but I did find some a while ago.

SophieSleeps
05-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I was up a little late last night looking for internals. Had a tough time finding some.

I don't think many Scion guys are into building their motors...at least not the Xa and Xb guys.

Doorstopdriver
05-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Check with ZPI I know for a fact that they have pistons for both N/A and FI builds on the 1.5l. The main problem however, isn't with the pistons it's more of a problem with how small and fragile the rods are.

SophieSleeps
05-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Check with ZPI I know for a fact that they have pistons for both N/A and FI builds on the 1.5l. The main problem however, isn't with the pistons it's more of a problem with how small and fragile the rods are.

Right. I'm looking for both.

Kr0n1k
08-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Carillo is rumored to be coming out with a line of Scion rods (tC, xA/xB) but haven't seen anything yet. Try www.importperformanceparts.net for pistons. They have a set of ROSS/Wiesco pistons with rings, TOGA HP bearings and other misc. stuff for $970 as a kit. I think it comes with a metal head gasket but not sure. Just go to Toyota->Pistons and look for the Echo stuff.

*EDIT* Way to revive a thread huh.:bellyroll:

ChinoCharles
08-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Yeah no crap... 5-20 hahaha

SophieSleeps
08-08-2006, 02:50 PM
hey, i'm still here.
Still contemplating getting this car fer a fun beater.