PDA

View Full Version : JDM/TDM labeling issue

Kioshi
12-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Excuse me? Please let me know what part of the product description is incorrect, and I'll edit it.

The "JDM" part used for your marketing of those headlamps...
You sound like the guys on eBay slapping JDM labels on their products..

The term JDM is used for parts from the land of Japan, true, but OEM can be anything factory from Toyota for that specific market like the last two have said.

JDM should be used only for the "Belta" car..that is the car in Japan, not Vios. Use TDM or OEM TDM...JDM is just being overused here to sell your product...plain and simple.

If you were selling the auto climate controls from a Belta, sure, go ahead and slap the "JDM" on it..but not these projectors that aren't sold OEM by Toyota in Japan for the Belta.....

Yeah, JDM is just a term used to emphasize peoples desire to have a vehicle as it was built for the Japanese Domestic Market. Has nothing to do with the various parts buckets used to assemble a car built for and sold in Japan.

Understood but these projectors do not come fitted on a Belta in Japan. Thus your first sentence becomes invalid, sorry to say. It becomes the desire to have a TDM Vios then, not JDM Vios.

cali yaris
12-14-2013, 10:41 PM
I removed the phrase "JDM". Are we all good now? It's an honest mistake/typo/whatever -- NOT a promotional gimmick. Geez! The reference to eBayers is especially nasty, Kioshi -- you know I have supported this community for a long time now, even when it doesn't serve me financially.

@yarisugi -- I'm sure I can fix you up with a better price. LOL

Kioshi
12-15-2013, 12:12 AM
I removed the phrase "JDM". Are we all good now? It's an honest mistake/typo/whatever -- NOT a promotional gimmick. Geez! The reference to eBayers is especially nasty, Kioshi -- you know I have supported this community for a long time now, even when it doesn't serve me financially.

@yarisugi -- I'm sure I can fix you up with a better price. LOL

likewise your reply to "G".

I know you have, I've seen the early days of you selling products on here, i supported you by buying from you directly. H&R 10mm Front spacers, camber bolts, exhaust from...forget user...HID kit btw which is still solid and rocking since 2009 :headbang:, misc.

As time went on, things changed. I agree you did a lot for the community here and continue to do so on MI, w/o a doubt.

tk-421
12-16-2013, 06:07 PM
As time went on, things changed.

Sorry to butt in, but how would you say things have "changed" in regards to Garm? He has been around longer than any other seller (and most active members too), always with great communication and service. I rarely deal with anyone else for new parts for my Yaris. :thumbsup:

I agree you did a lot for the community here and continue to do so on MI, w/o a doubt.So where's the beef? Including "JDM" in some product description? This was fixed as soon as it was brought to his attention.

Just laying things flat; not trying to start anything*. :smile:

cali yaris
12-16-2013, 10:14 PM
^ Ha, neither was I!

Kioshi
12-16-2013, 11:30 PM
Sorry to butt in, but how would you say things have "changed" in regards to Garm? He has been around longer than any other seller (and most active members too), always with great communication and service. I rarely deal with anyone else for new parts for my Yaris. :thumbsup:

So where's the beef? Including "JDM" in some product description? This was fixed as soon as it was brought to his attention.

Just laying things flat; not trying to start anything*. :smile:

I don't think you want the answer to your first question....because I do have a legitimate answer for that. I'd rather PM you it than humiliate him on public forums. Because I have some decency in me and following rules :smile:
Don't be so quick to judge, things go on in the back that you'll never hear about...ie: Customer service and attitudes.

It wasn't fixed right away...it was fixed after my response. The beef was Garms remark to "G", plain and simple.

I know, you're a moderator, with due respect.

cali yaris
12-16-2013, 11:41 PM
Seriously? Interesting that you'd hint at whatever it is you're talking about, publicly, but not have the guts to have a conversation with me directly. Lame.

The product description was fixed as soon as I read a clear answer to my question. Period.

And finally, my remark was to kioshi. Not "G".

tk, glad you at least are getting the due respect.... and here we go again.

tk-421
12-17-2013, 12:07 AM
I don't think you want the answer to your first question....because I do have a legitimate answer for that. I'd rather PM you it than humiliate him on public forums. Because I have some decency in me and following rules :smile:
Don't be so quick to judge, things go on in the back that you'll never hear about...ie: Customer service and attitudes.

It wasn't fixed right away...it was fixed after my response. The beef was Garms remark to "G", plain and simple.

I know, you're a moderator, with due respect.

Appreciate the respect. I just hope we can resolve this without resorting to name-calling.

Again, being that I've personally dealt with Garm on many, many occasions (just look at my garage sometime :biggrin:), I am honestly interested in knowing what made you change your mind about MI, and I'm sure Garm would appreciate it too.

If you prefer to take this to PM with Garm, then by all means let me know and I'll close this thread outright. I'm here to help you guys work it out if I can. :thumbsup:

tk-421
12-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Looks like this isn't going anywhere... Closing thread for now.