PDA

View Full Version : Can I add my OWN power window/mirror ?

Chickon
05-17-2006, 11:50 PM
Look, Liftback Manual does not have Power Package (not in New York at least!)

My gf wants that, but no one can really live without it, oh and no, we dont WANT Auto

So ... Is there any Power Window/Mirror kit for sell for Yaris ? Maybe some parts store will have? Cuz I just need the parts, I can do all the wiring myself.

Sigh .... cant believe Toyota do this.

mikeukrainetz
05-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Look online at ebay, there are lots of places in the UK that sell a conversion kit for cars which already have basic power (power locks). Most of those parts are still for the UK Echo but should fit. Its the only place ive seen kits for comparable models and the price isnt too bad. Just watch out for shipping, I have had fairly good luck from the UK so far.

Maybe someone else will pitch in with some ideas - only problem with generic kits are they are a royal pain to install at times - (personal experience)

Chickon
05-18-2006, 05:47 PM
sigh

I was thinking, Toyota should have "replacement" parts for Yaris, and I all I need to do is to buy all the parts I need, and I will just wire everything myself. Not like I dont know how to do it. Its just that I need to know "does it even exist?"

echo_hrs
05-18-2006, 09:25 PM
You can definitely source the OEM parts from Toyota, but it will cost you an arm and a leg to get everything you need...

Actuators
Regulators
Switches/Relays
New Door Panels with Switchplates

etc...etc...

Chickon
05-18-2006, 11:46 PM
I mean, it will cost less than the whole package.

My Mazda, theres Online Mazda dealers thats willing to sell the OEM parts at a "reasonable" price. and this Mazda dealer is getting tons of business.

Im just not sure if theres any Toyota dealers that will do the same.

digitaldago
07-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Let me know if you do find a way to get the kit. I have the same problem with my yaris sedan, needed a car in a hurry and didn't realize It didnt have power mirrors and windows on it. I started working for a toyota dealership a week ago in the hope they'll give me a discount on it : /

imknotright
08-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Just picked up a base sedan with power pack in PA. NJ & NY should be the same territory. It was a PQ not a PP package. Came with 15" steelies, cruise control, power mirrors, windows, & locks. Also have ABS, not sure if that was part of the package or another add-on

Violin
08-14-2006, 06:17 PM
PA is a different region from NY and NJ.

I had to travel to Philadelphia to get mine with a power package (and ABS)... but it was worth it. You also get the 60/40 rear seat with the power package.

Buckethead
08-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Look, Liftback Manual does not have Power Package (not in New York at least!)

My gf wants that, but no one can really live without it, oh and no, we dont WANT Auto

So ... Is there any Power Window/Mirror kit for sell for Yaris ? Maybe some parts store will have? Cuz I just need the parts, I can do all the wiring myself.

Sigh .... cant believe Toyota do this.

Yeah, it's regional. I got my power package here. Of course there is no cold weather package in California.... Not that I know of anyway...

BTW, your GF wants this??? What do you want bro? Go with YOUR gut.

Just some friendly advice, unless she bought the car. You make the decisions.
:respekt:

paultyler_82
08-15-2006, 01:35 AM
We've got an Auto Liftback and it was traded for a Manual Liftback at our Local lot by another dealer from Nashville, neither one had the Power Package, furthermore, the local lot now has 4 additional liftbacks that they obtained to use as loaners/lot fleet cars and none of them have Power Package... in fact, the only 2 Liftbacks they've sold since ours didn't have it either... So thats 8 Liftbacks, a mix of auto and manual, none of which had the Power Package, and not a single one in the area yet WITH the Power Package, what's up with that?

Violin
08-15-2006, 06:14 AM
Looks like http://www.ardmoretoyota.com has 2 liftbacks in stock with the power package. They do have automatic though.

SimmZ
08-15-2006, 07:52 AM
There is plenty of kits over eBay. Most are designed for 2 doors, but if you own a 4 doors, simply buy two kits and buy a separate 4 ways switch.

Theses kits are pretty cheap (around 69$ USD) and they are pretty easy to install. How it work is simple. You remove the windows crank handle and you leave the "gear" as it, then you install the aftermarket power windows motor over the actual "manual" gear (motor going inside the door). The kit is coming with plenty of gear size adaptor. The kit also include many size of plastic covers to hide the gear with handle removed. After that the wiring is easy... simply a two wires motor, one wire for reverse, one wire for forward, the ground is coming from the body.

The motor's are flexible to allow many mounting position. A friend of mine use this kind of kit into a 2000 base Chevy Cavalier and it work very very well, it have it for four years ago without problem. Interesting fact... these aftermarket motor are very powerfull, the windows go up and down twice time faster than OE power windows! hehehehe.

Here's a link to eBay (there's a LOT of similar kit on the site) :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-DOOR-POWER-WINDOW-KIT-motors-3-switches-Universal-car_W0QQitemZ330015455302QQihZ014QQcategoryZ33721Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's some pics. Whatever the brand you choose, they are kinda identicals...

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/samito_electronics/powerwindowkit/trackpro3.JPG

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/samito_electronics/powerwindowkit/trackpro33.JPG

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/samito_electronics/powerwindowkit/trackpro5.JPG

Hope this help you. I like to help peoples! Even if my english is not that good... :biggrin:

ellenbetty
07-04-2009, 12:28 AM
When I bought my new 2007 Yaris 3 door liftback, I required the dealer to get me a Yaris with automatic, power windows, power mirrors and winter package. The dealer did not stock the Yaris with power windows and power mirrors. The dealer had just one Yaris liftback in stock. The dealer told me that Toyota views the average customer who buys a Yaris wants the lowest cost vehicle. The power options add additional costs that most people buying a economy vehicle do not want to pay for. The options I required the dealer to get for my Yaris added $6,000 to the price of the Yaris. My guess is that only the largest Toyota dealers stock the Yaris with power windows and power mirrors. It took the local Toyota dealer a day to get a Yaris from a dealer 150 miles away with the options I wanted, in Meteoritic Metallic.

A year later the local dealer expanded the buildings to add a seperate Scion waiting area. It could be that the local dealer was trying to reduce stock to create a area for construction equipment.