PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP! 15x8 wheels

contraband831
04-11-2007, 06:07 PM
So I have been looking around for some info, but have not quite found my answer, so here i go...

I want to get some 15x8 wheels on my car 3dr Hatch, and want to know what offset should i be looking for and what wheels are available, I like the sport max wheels and the axis OG wheels similar to work, please help out
Ric :iono:

brickhardmeat
04-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Where is the Tire Nazi when you need him?

brickhardmeat
04-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Don't you think 8 is kinda wide on this car?

d4w1
04-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Toyota TRD of Japan recommends 17X7 wheels with 205/45R17 tires for the best handing package for the Yaris/Vitz. If you are in the future going to upgrade your suspension with TRD parts. This is the tire and wheel size you want.

eco
04-11-2007, 08:21 PM
I use 17.5,and they rub the fenderwell alittle at full lock left/right.But I love the way it takes a corner.Ohya,8" would be way to wide,unless you only plan on only driving straight,or straightish.

PetersRedYaris
04-11-2007, 08:37 PM
You would need a 45mm offset. Of course , no matter what offset you use your going rub with 8 inch wide wheels. I would go with 7.5 inches wide, again with 45mm offset, if you want the widest possible.

Vic-2NZFE
04-12-2007, 08:19 AM
I used to ride on 17x8 on 205/40/17 it indeed rub the fenderwell badly
But believe me handling was awesome :thumbsup:

largeorangefont
04-12-2007, 10:19 AM
http://1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Take some measurments and figure it out.

Black Yaris
04-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Where is the Tire Nazi when you need him?

Tire Nazi here to save the day!
if you want to run an 8 in wide you want +38 offset that will set your wheel dead flush with your fender and will cause no rubbing on the inside wheel well. I would suggest a 225/50R15 tire, as it would keep the overall diameter if the tire very close to stock.

do not run the +45 as Peterredyaris said or you will be rubbing all the time, I can see why he had such bad rubbing problems running that offset on that width

You should be fine with 8 in wide wheels, because I am running a 8.9 inch wide tire (225/50R15) on a wheel with a +38 offset and they set as described above, it will work

largeorangefont
04-13-2007, 09:51 AM

largeorangefont
04-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Tire Nazi here to save the day!
if you want to run an 8 in wide you want +38 offset that will set your wheel dead flush with your fender and will cause no rubbing on the inside wheel well. I would suggest a 225/50R15 tire, as it would keep the overall diameter if the tire very close to stock.

do not run the +45 as Peterredyaris said or you will be rubbing all the time, I can see why he had such bad rubbing problems running that offset on that width

You should be fine with 8 in wide wheels, because I am running a 8.9 inch wide tire (225/50R15) on a wheel with a +38 offset and they set as described above, it will work

You recommend +38 for everything. Stop making reccomendations based on your setup. You obvoiusly have 0 experience with lowered Yarii and have NO IDEA how offset dynamically changes with wheel width. +38 on an 8 inch wheel will rub the outer fender horribly if he lowers the car more than an inch or so. It will stick out 15mm more than a 7 inch wheel with a 40mm offset which is nearly flush.

Here is a simple offset calculator. See for yourself.

You previously said that a 7 inch wheel with +38 is perfectly flush. which it is, but it will rub on the outer front if you are lowered. So by your account now both +38 on a 7 inch wide wheel and +38 on an 8 inch wide wheel will be perfectly flush? NO. the 8 inch wheel will STICK OUT 13 MM beyond the fender of the 7 inch wheel.

Addtionally there will be 13 mm LESS clearance on the inside. To put that into perspective, that would be the equivelent of running a + 51 7 inch wheel which MAY rub on the inside. I dont know that for sure.

So if he lowered the car he would probably rub on both the inside AND outside of the fender based on your recommendation.

To the original poster:

If you are not lowered at all and dont plan to you will probably need an offset in the mid to low 30s to run 8s. If you plan to lower the car Black yaris has no idea what he is talking about regarding this topic, and you may need really low profile tires to keep from rubbing the outer fenders, and the wheels will stick out.

You could probably get 8s in the back and get it looking pretty good and nearly flush or flush, but to get that look in the front you will probably have to go with a narrower front with a different offset.

Black Yaris
04-13-2007, 11:18 AM
You recommend +38 for everything. Stop making reccomendations based on your setup. You obvoiusly have 0 experience with lowered Yarii and have NO IDEA how offset dynamically changes with wheel width. +38 on an 8 inch wheel will rub the outer fender horribly if he lowers the car more than an inch or so. It will stick out 15mm more than a 7 inch wheel with a 40mm offset which is nearly flush.

Here is a simple offset calculator. See for yourself.

You previously said that a 7 inch wheel with +38 is perfectly flush. which it is, but it will rub on the outer front if you are lowered. So by your account now both +38 on a 7 inch wide wheel and +38 on an 8 inch wide wheel will be perfectly flush? NO. the 8 inch wheel will STICK OUT 13 MM beyond the fender of the 7 inch wheel.

Addtionally there will be 13 mm LESS clearance on the inside. To put that into perspective, that would be the equivelent of running a + 51 7 inch wheel which MAY rub on the inside. I dont know that for sure.

So if he lowered the car he would probably rub on both the inside AND outside of the fender based on your recommendation.

To the original poster:

If you are not lowered at all and dont plan to you will probably need an offset in the mid to low 30s to run 8s. If you plan to lower the car Black yaris has no idea what he is talking about regarding this topic, and you may need really low profile tires to keep from rubbing the outer fenders, and the wheels will stick out.

You could probably get 8s in the back and get it looking pretty good and nearly flush or flush, but to get that look in the front you will probably have to go with a narrower front with a different offset.

you need to read a bit further in to what I say young one.... I am sure I know a hell of a lot more than you when it comes you wheel, tires, and custom suspensions.

contraband831 I ask you this, do you want to lower your Yaris? Do you mind if you have some rubbing on full lock turns? What is the reason for running the 8 in wheel looks? just answer a few of these questions, ignore largeorangefont, and click on the link in my signature and PM me if you have anymore questions

largeorangefont
04-13-2007, 11:40 AM
you need to read a bit further in to what I say young one.... I am sure I know a hell of a lot more than you when it comes you wheel, tires, and custom suspensions.

No, you actually don't. Your blanket recommendations and misinformation in this and other threads reflect that.

contraband831 I ask you this, do you want to lower your Yaris? Do you mind if you have some rubbing on full lock turns? What is the reason for running the 8 in wheel looks? just answer a few of these questions, ignore largeorangefont, and click on the link in my signature and PM me if you have anymore questions

These should have been questions you asked before you spewed misinformation. Your recommendation of +38 will be flush is flat wrong. If the original poster wants to listen to your opinion or the actual facts I provided, that is his choice.

Your tire right sizing guide thread is great, but has no specific offset information making it an incomplete answer to the question at hand.

Black Yaris
04-13-2007, 11:56 AM
No, you actually don't. Your blanket recommendations and misinformation in this and other threads reflect that.

These should have been questions you asked before you spewed misinformation. Your recommendation of +38 will be flush is flat wrong. If the original poster wants to listen to your opinion or the actual facts I provided, that is his choice.

Your tire right sizing guide thread is great, but has no specific offset information making it an incomplete answer to the question at hand.

if you would like I will update my wheel/tire thread with every offset/width option as well as variable which lowering springs, but that would be a lot of information for most to sift though... I was asked to make something for MOST, AVERAGE drivers... and that is what I did... if anyone wants anything out of the norm, as does this person, all they need to do is ask.

and I checked out that 1010 tires offset calculator, WOW could that thing be more off, I just checked it on a couple of my old rides that I knew like the back of my hand, it was coming up with some off sets like +100 and stuff like that who knows? but I do not think that is correct source of information for offset, but I do like there tire calculator

Largeoragefont you just need to calm the fuck down, and show a little :respekt:, as I will from this pont on, Fair?

marcus
04-13-2007, 11:59 AM
DING! Black Yaris on the right corner weighting a 200 lbs.. and largeorangefont on the left weighting 201 lbs.

largeorangefont
04-13-2007, 12:45 PM
if you would like I will update my wheel/tire thread with every offset/width option as well as variable which lowering springs, but that would be a lot of information for most to sift though... I was asked to make something for MOST, AVERAGE drivers... and that is what I did... if anyone wants anything out of the norm, as does this person, all they need to do is ask.

and I checked out that 1010 tires offset calculator, WOW could that thing be more off, I just checked it on a couple of my old rides that I knew like the back of my hand, it was coming up with some off sets like +100 and stuff like that who knows? but I do not think that is correct source of information for offset, but I do like there tire calculator

Largeoragefont you just need to calm the fuck down, and show a little :respekt:, as I will from this pont on, Fair?

Fair enough. On a serious note, What was wrong with the calculator? I found it to be very accurate for guaging how much space you gain or lose in relation to offset and wheel width. What were you putting in?

Compare a 7 inch wide +40 offset to a 7.5 +40 offset for example. That is correct.

R0ME0
04-13-2007, 12:58 PM
On a side not does anyone know if 17x7.5 on a +42 Offset will rub? I'm planning on running 205/40/17 thanks!

Russelt3hPirate
04-13-2007, 01:58 PM
15x7 +23mm and a 225/50 15 V710 sticks out like mad! :lol:

i'll add more to this thread later, it needs some fixing.

<--with LargeOrangeFont on this one.

contraband831
04-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Ok good info, I am dead set on some 15x8 My car is lowered with Tanabe DF210 Does any one have 15x8 with this set up? and what would be the best offset? I am usually the only person in this car and the set up will be only for those extra special occasions (car shows, meets, etc...) I currently have some 15x6.5 and i see i have a some room to work with, so I am assuming no one has this set up yet, because It all sound like guesses to me (yes i am sure they are VERY educated guessses, none the less) If no definite answers are out there, i guess, I have to go the trial and error route.

Russelt3hPirate
04-13-2007, 04:08 PM
higher than +23mm i'll tell ya that much.

largeorangefont
04-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Ok good info, I am dead set on some 15x8 My car is lowered with Tanabe DF210 Does any one have 15x8 with this set up? and what would be the best offset? I am usually the only person in this car and the set up will be only for those extra special occasions (car shows, meets, etc...) I currently have some 15x6.5 and i see i have a some room to work with, so I am assuming no one has this set up yet, because It all sound like guesses to me (yes i am sure they are VERY educated guessses, none the less) If no definite answers are out there, i guess, I have to go the trial and error route.

Like I said, use the calculator and take some measurments. Your main concern is strut and inner fenderwell clearance in the front. It is going to rub.

Black Yaris
04-14-2007, 09:04 AM
On a side not does anyone know if 17x7.5 on a +42 Offset will rub? I'm planning on running 205/40/17 thanks!

no you are fine

Black Yaris
04-14-2007, 09:06 AM

+40-42 you will clear with minor rubbing on the inside plastics, so some trimming may be needed

Nimble
04-14-2007, 04:45 PM

You may be "dead set" but it is a far from ideal set up. You will rub no matter what offset. You are going to need to run a lower numerical offset than higher, because rubbing on the outside can somewhat be fixed. If you feel like hacking up your wheel wells though, be my guest. A 15x7 with a 205 tire will be just fine for any use. Why the desperate need for a 8" wide wheel?

Blenjar
04-14-2007, 06:15 PM

Hey tell me how it feels like.

I'm running on 205 45 17, make sure u lower ur car tho..mine looks super cartoonish, ur will look more cartoonish if u dont lower it..(more gap between tire and car.

My next plan is to go 215 40 17...
**Running 17 7.5

-- Blen

Black Yaris
04-14-2007, 07:23 PM
You may be "dead set" but it is a far from ideal set up. You will rub no matter what offset. You are going to need to run a lower numerical offset than higher, because rubbing on the outside can somewhat be fixed. If you feel like hacking up your wheel wells though, be my guest. A 15x7 with a 205 tire will be just fine for any use. Why the desperate need for a 8" wide wheel?

maybe he realy likes the look of the 8 inch wide, as I was dead set on craming a 8.9 inch wide tire up under a yaris, how is this any different?
Just let people do what they want to there car, lets not ask questions like "Why the desperate need for....." that is just childish... lets just give the man his information, and some of our personal experience, and a few suggestion.... come on guys lets clean up this Forum

Nimble
04-14-2007, 09:10 PM
maybe he realy likes the look of the 8 inch wide, as I was dead set on craming a 8.9 inch wide tire up under a yaris, how is this any different?
Just let people do what they want to there car, lets not ask questions like "Why the desperate need for....." that is just childish... lets just give the man his information, and some of our personal experience, and a few suggestion.... come on guys lets clean up this Forum

Clean up this forum? That would involve executing the tire nazi. Remember, you're the guy that things 7 and 8 inch wide wheels both running the same offsets, sit at the same place in the wheelwell. Relax buddy.

Black Yaris
04-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Clean up this forum? That would involve executing the tire nazi. Remember, you're the guy that things 7 and 8 inch wide wheels both running the same offsets, sit at the same place in the wheelwell. Relax buddy.

I am relaxed.... and you are taking what I am sayin about 7 and 8 inch wide wheels and there offsets out of context... because if you were to run a 225/50R15 on a 15x7 with a +38, the position of that tire will be unchanged going to a 15x8 with a +38.... and that is all I have been saying all along..
and that is 100% true, no matter what tire, or offset calulator you run that though

Nimble
04-14-2007, 11:33 PM
That's incorrect, a 225 sitting on a 15x8 ET38 will not sit in the same place as a 225 sitting on a a 15x7 ET38, what tire shop did you work at again? A 1" wider wheel will put roughly 13mm's more on either side of the tire, both on the shock side and the fender side.

ChinoCharles
04-14-2007, 11:42 PM
I for one would love to cram a 15x8 with a 235 under my car, and I would be more than willing to modify the fender well to accommodate. Why? Grip. Sure, there are some downsides to a rim that wide, but I'll take the good with the bad.

Also, Rota makes their Slipstreams in a 15x8, 4x100 application. One of my favorite rims. Keep talking about this... what would it take to make it work without rubbing on a mild drop like what you get with TRD springs or NF210's.

eTiMaGo
04-15-2007, 12:28 AM
I am relaxed.... and you are taking what I am sayin about 7 and 8 inch wide wheels and there offsets out of context... because if you were to run a 225/50R15 on a 15x7 with a +38, the position of that tire will be unchanged going to a 15x8 with a +38.... and that is all I have been saying all along..
and that is 100% true, no matter what tire, or offset calulator you run that though

That's incorrect, a 225 sitting on a 15x8 ET38 will not sit in the same place as a 225 sitting on a a 15x7 ET38, what tire shop did you work at again? A 1" wider wheel will put roughly 13mm's more on either side of the tire, both on the shock side and the fender side.

Dammit you guys are BOTH right.

I hope this picture can help clear things up a bit:

http://www.etimago.com/yaris/offset.gif

Black Yaris is saying that between 7" and 8" widths, the same width tire will remain in the same position if the offset is unchanged. Take a good look and you'll see this is true, just as nimble pointed out, the RIM will extend 13mm in BOTH directions, and the tire will remain centered. You're both agreeing on this part :wink:

The tire will only be moved in or out if the offset is changed. So, the offset comes into play when calculating the distance between the outer edge of the tire, and the inner wheel well and outer fender. This is where things get tricky, as it is really a function of tire width and not rim width.

AND REMEMBER! This is confusing, a smaller positive offset means that your wheel sticks OUT more than a bigger positive offset. It's hard to visualize this in your head, so look at this picture, it should clear things up:

http://www.etimago.com/yaris/offsets.jpg

On my car I have 215 width tires, and the rim's offset is 42mm. Now, the front wheels stick out a little more than the back due to my disc brake's hub being a little thicker than stock and acting as a spacer. So, the effective offset for the front wheels is more like 40 or 38mm, and you can see this best in this picture:

http://www.etimago.com/yaris/_DSC0222_zoom.jpg

You can see, as far as 215 tires go, that's a perfect fit. If I had wider tires on it (235 or 245mm), they would not stretch inward so much relative to the rim, and I would definitely have some rubbing on the outer fender, in which case a bigger offset would be prefered, to tuck the wheel back in a little and achieve a flush fit on the outside.

On the inside, though, the extra tire width and increased offset may cause some rubbing as a result, and that is where fender rolling comes into play, physically extending the volume in which the tire and wheel can move when the suspension is under load, or when the steering wheel is being turned.

PS I hate this stuff, it confuses the hell out of me and gives me massive headaches, but that's the best way to learn :biggrin:

PetersRedYaris
04-15-2007, 12:54 AM
The reality is, were bickering over 7mm of offset when the rim is 25.4mm (1 inch) wider than the recommended 7 inches. Like Nimble said, that's adding about 13mm to both sides. 38mm, 45mm, and everything in-between WILL rub on both the inside and outside. You want to modify your car to squeeze 8 inch wheels under it, pick your poison.

largeorangefont
04-15-2007, 11:45 AM
I for one would love to cram a 15x8 with a 235 under my car, and I would be more than willing to modify the fender well to accommodate. Why? Grip. Sure, there are some downsides to a rim that wide, but I'll take the good with the bad.

Also, Rota makes their Slipstreams in a 15x8, 4x100 application. One of my favorite rims. Keep talking about this... what would it take to make it work without rubbing on a mild drop like what you get with TRD springs or NF210's.

You dont need an 8 inch wide wheel on this car, unless you want it for looks. Yea you could do 8 in. for autocross etc. and maybe see a benefit but that is it. You won't gain anymore grip on the street with 7in vs. 8in wheels and tires, you will just be adding more weight. I was looking at getting the 16X8 slipstreams in +38. Needless to say, I didn't go with them for the very reasons discussed here. It would look badass, but from a performance perspective, there is nothing to gain from it.

Black Yaris
04-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks Thomas... everybody in agreement now.... Largeorangefont, you see where I was coming from all along with the +38? When I was suggesting the +38, i neglected to add this is the just about the only offset you can run with real wide wheels AND TIRES... I just was not giving complete information, so I can see why you though I did not know what I was talkin about.... but then again, I was usually suggesting the widest tire i could when ppl asked tire sizes..... were one big <non tire Nazi> famay again :)

largeorangefont
04-16-2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks Thomas... everybody in agreement now.... Largeorangefont, you see where I was coming from all along with the +38? When I was suggesting the +38, i neglected to add this is the just about the only offset you can run with real wide wheels AND TIRES... I just was not giving complete information, so I can see why you though I did not know what I was talkin about.... but then again, I was usually suggesting the widest tire i could when ppl asked tire sizes..... were one big <non tire Nazi> famay again :)

Yea. I see what you are saying, and you see how what you said can be misinterpreted. It is all good.

Black Yaris
04-16-2007, 12:18 AM
:bellyroll: All of that bickering, for us to relize we are argueing about the same thing:bellyroll: :thumbup:

Black Yaris
04-16-2007, 12:22 AM

:smoking: smoke another one because the tire will be sitting in the same spot, and that is what I said... THE TIRE WILL BE SITTING IN THE SAME SPOT

since the tire is 225 mm wide (8.9in) wich is wider than either wheel the tire is going to sit in the same position regaurdless... you need to figure out TIRE clearance, not wheel clearance in this case and that is what I did with the +38 offset

largeorangefont
04-16-2007, 12:52 AM
:smoking: smoke another one because the tire will be sitting in the same spot, and that is what I said... THE TIRE WILL BE SITTING IN THE SAME SPOT

No, not quite. The mounting pad of the wheel will be in the same place relative to the wheel centerline on a 8 inch. vs a 7 inch rim with the same offset. But the mounting pad would be in a different location relative to the inner and outer wheel lips, and this change the position of the wheel in the wheelwell. The only time this relationship would not change is if the wheel was 0 offset, meaning the mounting pad was in the dead center of the wheel. Then you would increase equal distances on the outside and inside, and relative position would stay the same.

The +38 is a fixed number. That means 38 MM from the center of the width wheel to the mounting pad. That distance has to stay the same, regardless of rim width, but the width still grows. Because the offset is favored to one side of the wheel (not 0 offset), one side protrudes furthur than the other as width grows.

That is why the wider wheel you go the less offset you have, because you have to account and compensate for uneven growth on both sides of the wheel centerline.

Black Yaris
04-16-2007, 01:08 AM
I am saying in this one case, only...
maybe if I start from where I started from you will understand my logic
I wanted to cram the widest tire I could and keep as close to the stock rolling diameter as possible... I came up with the 225/50R15

Then I started from there doing my measuring, checking clearance with stocks. At the time all I could get my hands on with a +38 offset was a 7in wheel so that is what I got. But as I said before, since all my math is to compensate for the tire rather than the width of the wheel that is how I arived with my +38, and how it works the same with a 7 and 8 inch wheel.

Nimble
04-16-2007, 09:06 AM

I'm quoting myself again....well, because I'm right. Think about it. You cannot, I repeat CANNOT have a wider wheel with the same offset as a smaller wheel sit in the same place in the wheel well. Why have offsets at all then? So a 15x5 ET 38 would sit in the same place as said 15x8 ET 38? That's what your reasoning suggests.

eTiMaGo
04-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Nimble, I'm sorry, but please re-read my post, look especially at the first picture, and visualize the relationship between the offset and the outside of the tires as the rim's width changes.

I wish I was any good at Flash or 3D graphics to make a demonstration, but I'm not :tongue:

Black Yaris
04-16-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm quoting myself again....well, because I'm right. Think about it. You cannot, I repeat CANNOT have a wider wheel with the same offset as a smaller wheel sit in the same place in the wheel well. Why have offsets at all then? So a 15x5 ET 38 would sit in the same place as said 15x8 ET 38? That's what your reasoning suggests.

that is why I put the word TIRE in all caps when I made my previous statments.... We are not all dumb here Nimble we do know that a 8 inch wheel is 1 inch (aprox 26mm) wider than a 7 inch wider wheel. I am talking about position of the tread of the tire will be unchanged, if you take the exact same tire and put it on the two wheels listed above in your post

Nimble, I'm sorry, but please re-read my post, look especially at the first picture, and visualize the relationship between the offset and the outside of the tires as the rim's width changes.

I wish I was any good at Flash or 3D graphics to make a demonstration, but I'm not :tongue:

Lets make a Video Thomas :wub: I'll bring the rubber(s)
http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/7494m.jpg<---aka the "tire condom"

Nimble
04-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Well no one gives a crap where the TIRE is because it will be too far inside the wheel on any wheel that's one inch larger than the wheel said tire was meant for. Who cares if the tire fits the wheel that's wider, if said wheel is too close to the shock/strut now? You cannot just look at one without the other.

Black Yaris
04-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Well no one gives a crap where the TIRE is because it will be too far inside the wheel on any wheel that's one inch larger than the wheel said tire was meant for. Who cares if the tire fits the wheel that's wider, if said wheel is too close to the shock/strut now? You cannot just look at one without the other.

OK Nible lets do a little Math here based on your logic, as stated above and based on my set up, that everyone knows so well.

15x7 +38
225/50R15 tire

now you are saying who gives a crap about the tire... if I would not have "gave a crap" I would have gone with +42 or +45 with that 7 in wide wheel when doing my math

skip to an 8 in wheel also doing the math I would have came up with the same offsets

lets say I put said tire on from above with the higher offset, and get all pissed off because I am rubbing my tire like crazy on my strut, yeah I am going to be pissed

a 225/50VR15 has a tread width of 8.9 inches therefor why my math was for the width of the tire not the wheel, I know I have explaned this a few times... Are you just trying to get in an Agrument with us Nimble?

Nimble
04-16-2007, 11:46 AM
your argument makes no sense. not to metion your yaris isn't lowered, so that means little to us with lowered cars. All I was saying was who cares about the tire size? I'm talking about what the wheel does, does not do when increasing the width. And yes, your 225 tire WILL sit in a different spot with a 15x7 vs 15x8 both ET38. Not a big difference, but a difference nonetheless.

contraband831
04-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Alright fellas I am still going for 15x8, the main reason i am going with 15x8 wheels, just like the look. These wheels will not be my everyday wheel. This is going to be a lot more difficult then i thought, but you guys made one thing clear its going to take some money and a lot of work to get this done, I guess i have to go with a company that can accomodate what i need, but i will definitely have to save up for the work wheels, instead of the axxis Oldskools. this topic is still open for discussion, believe me i am reading every post and taking in the info. This is all good stuff It will definitely help me in my journey for the look i am going for.

15x8 on a yaris THAT IS BADAZZ, at least in my mind :)

03Z33
04-17-2007, 01:39 AM
16x8 +25 front
16x8 +15 rear
195/45/16 tires
no rubbing
done

http://www.driftunit.com/hellaflush/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/ameyarishf.jpg

I have the same wheels in 15x8, let me know if you want.

eTiMaGo
04-17-2007, 01:51 AM
streeeeeeeeetch! looks pretty awesome though!

spkrman
04-17-2007, 01:54 AM
16x8 +25 front
16x8 +15 rear
195/45/16 tires
no rubbing
done

I dont see how thats not going to rub? bagged?

Doc Zaius
04-17-2007, 01:57 AM
And 195mm = 7.68"! So the wheel is actually wider than the tire! Is that allowed?? Or possible? I guess so! :iono:

03Z33
04-17-2007, 02:02 AM
I dont see how thats not going to rub? bagged?

no bags, coilovers
8K front & 5K rear

little bit of camber
-2.5 front & -1.5 rear

eTiMaGo
04-17-2007, 02:02 AM
sure is, it gives a stretched look to the wheel.. Look at the closeup of my wheel I posted in the previous page, kinda like that, but in that case, probably even more stetched!

It's a matter of taste, I will go for wider tires when I change them, this leaves the edge of my rims far too exposed, already have a few scratches on them :cry:

Doc Zaius
04-17-2007, 02:18 AM
.. Look at the closeup of my wheel I posted in the previous page.....

Damn... first time I skip to the last page of a thread rather than reading the whole thing, and it bites me in the a$$!!

BTW... you guys argue a lot!!! :wink: hahahha!! :tongue: (my head hurts with all your offset-ery!)

Black Yaris
04-17-2007, 10:00 AM
16x8 +25 front
16x8 +15 rear
195/45/16 tires
no rubbing
done

dood that looks helle sick

brickhardmeat
04-17-2007, 12:58 PM
16x8 +25 front
16x8 +15 rear
195/45/16 tires
no rubbing
done

yeah, me likie:thumbsup:

contraband831
04-18-2007, 04:24 PM
03Z33

That is exactly the look i am going for, Hell Yeah, I want some wheels like that.

The Stig
05-01-2007, 04:05 AM
16x8 +25 front
16x8 +15 rear
195/45/16 tires
no rubbing
done

that's gangsta!!! :w00t:

seanele
06-14-2007, 03:43 PM
16x8 +25 front
16x8 +15 rear
195/45/16 tires
no rubbing
done

nice rims...anybody selling that??..website maybe.

03Z33
06-15-2007, 05:39 AM
nice rims...anybody selling that??..website maybe.

www.ame-wheels.com

Wheel model is Shallen LX

try contacting one of our sponsors for pricing, or you can purchase mine, they're in like new condition with tires. I'm local to El Monte. There's also a dealer for them new in El Monte called A-Spec Products.

Jerzidude
06-23-2007, 01:54 AM
You guys know ur stuff here :) I just got 15 x 8 wheels for my yaris.. bought them on ebay without really knowing... they are +38 offset.. what tires do i need to get that won't rub.. will p195 work or do i need p225.. thanks

03Z33
06-23-2007, 02:07 PM
You guys know ur stuff here :) I just got 15 x 8 wheels for my yaris.. bought them on ebay without really knowing... they are +38 offset.. what tires do i need to get that won't rub.. will p195 work or do i need p225.. thanks

I would run the 195/50/15's or 205's at the most. You might run into trouble whith the wheels rubbing on the inside with your offset, especially when you turn the front wheels to full lock.

Jerzidude
06-24-2007, 12:41 AM
thx for the info... i dont want to mount them if they are gonna rub... suspension is stock... heres a pic of the wheels from ebay 350 shipping included. 15x8 - +38 offset.. p205s okay? did i make a mistake in wheel choice? i wish i got 7 in wide now... lol. thanks again.. Paul

http://img5.glowfoto.com/images/2007/06/23-1040082863T.jpg

brickhardmeat
06-24-2007, 01:19 AM
thx for the info... i dont want to mount them if they are gonna rub... suspension is stock... heres a pic of the wheels from ebay 350 shipping included. 15x8 - +38 offset.. p205s okay? did i make a mistake in wheel choice? i wish i got 7 in wide now... lol. thanks again.. Paul

Those wheels are rad. Lower it on those puppies. Nothing wrong with a little rubbing.

Vanderkitten
06-24-2007, 01:49 AM
Yeah... I have 17x7's and they rub the plastic fender wheel well liners on the left every once in a while. I need to check my ride height. The car handles great, but wheel width has less to do with handling than tire choice, rubber compound, suspension set up, balance, etc.

I have 15x6's for the track and the car WAY OUT HANDLES the street set-up. So, there you go, although I really wish I had bought 15x7's. Also, the offset on the 15x6's suck (they're +47) so I will be adding wheel spacers... anyone know of a decent looking wide-body kit? =) Anyhow, even with the less than favorable width and offset, my car sits an additional inch lower and the stickier tires make all of the difference.

03Z33
06-24-2007, 09:51 AM

I think those would look great on your car... I would at least try them, but stick to the 195's and just be ready to run some 5mm or 10 mm spacers in case you end up needing them. Chances are you'll be fine.

Black Yaris
06-24-2007, 09:55 AM
This is the only wide body I know of, and I am sure Thomas could get it for you on one of his monthly goup buys
http://www.rz-racingzone.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7496.0;attach=2688 9;image
http://www.rz-racingzone.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7496.0;attach=2689 0;image
http://www.rz-racingzone.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7496.0;attach=2689 2;image
http://www.rz-racingzone.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7496.0;attach=2689 4;image

Black Yaris
06-24-2007, 09:58 AM

Those will fit fine with no rubbing with up to a 225/50R15 tire on them no problem.... already did the measurment to run this set up and test fit it... with no rubbing, only reason it is still not on my car is I found a better deal on 17's

Black Yaris
06-24-2007, 10:00 AM
I would run the 195/50/15's or 205's at the most. You might run into trouble whith the wheels rubbing on the inside with your offset, especially when you turn the front wheels to full lock.

my 225/50 tires that were 8.9 inches wide did not rub, so a 8 inch wid e wheel will not rub.... a 195/50 is too much of a strech for the average daily driver

03Z33
06-24-2007, 10:14 AM
my 225/50 tires that were 8.9 inches wide did not rub, so a 8 inch wid e wheel will not rub.... a 195/50 is too much of a strech for the average daily driver

You sir need to pass the crack pipe :tongue: You have no clue what you are talking about. Tire width and wheel width are totally different. Let's see pics of your 15x8's with 225's?

Black Yaris
06-24-2007, 08:13 PM
You sir need to pass the crack pipe :tongue: You have no clue what you are talking about. Tire width and wheel width are totally different. Let's see pics of your 15x8's with 225's?

I know the difference, between tire width and rim width

and 195's on 8 inch wide wheels?:thumbdown:

Jerzidude
06-25-2007, 07:55 PM
is it it posssible to use the stock tire with an 8 inch rim?

brickhardmeat
06-25-2007, 07:57 PM
No, click on that link right above to the wheel and tire guide. That would be a huge stretch----------------pop

Jerzidude
06-27-2007, 09:45 PM
went to the tire place today... p 205s 15 50. stock suspension. Falkens 85 dollars apiece... 8 inch rims.. +38 offset... no rub?

brickhardmeat
06-27-2007, 09:55 PM
went to the tire place today... p 205s 15 50. stock suspension. Falkens 85 dollars apiece... 8 inch rims.. +38 offset... no rub?

205/50/15 +38 on stock suspension you have -nothing- to worry about at all

and lowered you would be ok

you got azenis for that price right?

seanele
06-30-2007, 06:14 AM
www.ame-wheels.com

Wheel model is Shallen LX

try contacting one of our sponsors for pricing, or you can purchase mine, they're in like new condition with tires. I'm local to El Monte. There's also a dealer for them new in El Monte called A-Spec Products.

thanks..that really helps.
since i'm buying spring and rims as early as next week.

seanele
06-30-2007, 06:15 AM
205/50/15 +38 on stock suspension you have -nothing- to worry about at all

and lowered you would be ok

you got azenis for that price right?

with tanabe DF...still no rub?

brickhardmeat
06-30-2007, 10:34 AM
No Rub

you'll be fine