PDA

View Full Version : best spring and strut combo for the LB?

drifto
04-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Just tring to get an idea of what everyone here is using, and what is best for overall performance. comfort is not my primary concern either. not interested in a coilover setup yet. just springs and a good set of shock/struts. any suggestions are welcome. :biggrin:

brickhardmeat
04-15-2007, 11:44 AM
There are no options as far as shocks go. You can keep your stock or buy the TRD. I am putting on the DF with the TRD since there isn't a choice for shocks. There are millions of different springs out there.

drifto
04-15-2007, 12:17 PM
did you get your trd shocks done a the dealership or on your own? just curious if its worth paying for it to be done for warranty reasons...

brickhardmeat
04-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Oh, I'll be putting them on myself. If you let them install the TRD suspension at Toyota you'll have warranty but if you want aftermarket springs for whatever reason you can forget about the warranty anyway.

Blenjar
04-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Oh, I'll be putting them on myself. If you let them install the TRD suspension at Toyota you'll have warranty but if you want aftermarket springs for whatever reason you can forget about the warranty anyway.

Can I really have them install my TRD springs and have warranty on it?

-- Blen

brickhardmeat
04-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Well, since Toyota sells and intalls Toyota Racing Development parts I would say yes. I'm not a rep though but that just seems like common since. I would be very surprised that they wouldn't honor the warranty on their own parts. It is going to cost you more buying through the dealership and paying them for the install but if you are worried about your suspension being under warranty that would be the way to go. I am not at all worried about my suspension being under the warranty. Probably the only thing that will go is CV joints and they don't cover those anyway. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Blenjar
04-15-2007, 02:59 PM
bah..im just install it myself..
thx for the info tho..

-- Blen

PetersRedYaris
04-15-2007, 03:07 PM
TRD springs with TRD struts is a nice combo. Unless you want a little more drop then get Tanabe DF210 springs with TRD struts.

drifto
04-15-2007, 06:40 PM
TRD springs with TRD struts is a nice combo. Unless you want a little more drop then get Tanabe DF210 springs with TRD struts.

lol i think ill go with that. thats the setup i have on my ae86. i guess it will be deja vu for me... thanks for the suggestions :w00t: