PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Yaris T-Sport Help

Jamiee95
04-09-2014, 04:45 AM
Hi Guys!

Im new to the forums so bare with me! I recently bought a Yaris T-Sport 2004, and absolutely love the thing! After having a VW Polo and Golf (driver edition Mk3. Cornered like a canal barge and rotted like a rover), something jap seemed the only way to move on!

The thing is mechanically sound, and it being the last style T Sport (to my knowledge), its obviously a pretty damn cool car on the outside! Only issue is, the spoiler is missing and there are key marks down the LH side due to the last owner apparently being pretty rough.

The key marks i can get sorted, but i need a new spoiler for it! where can i get one? and if anyone has any suggestions on nice classy looking mods that have worked out for them, im all ears! What types of wheels? Exhausts? Suspension kits? Anything!

Thanks guys,

Jamie

IllusionX
04-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Is it really missing or it doesn't have it?

most t-sport i've seen do NOT have a spoiler.

Jamiee95
04-10-2014, 03:25 AM
The strip that it is stuck on with is still there, and there has been paint rubbed off where i presume the bottom of the spoiler is positioned! Apparently they are really quite rare to find?

IllusionX
04-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Well, if there aren't any holes, there wasn't a spoiler.

Given the year of the car.. yes probably very hard to find. But you could reach out to your local toyota dealer see if they can find it.

In Canada, Toyota have a parts warehouse where dealers can order them and have them shipped to the dealer.

Canadian RS came with this spoiler, which seems to be the same as the JDM one.

http://illusionx.dyndns.org/echo2005/CIMG0369.jpg

while some others have a very rare spoiler like this..

http://s28.postimg.org/4h2ly1pct/large_1342435417976675975.jpg

Jamiee95
04-11-2014, 03:03 AM
There arent any holes so i presume mine didn't come with one then! Will look to get one from the dealers, but i presume its going to cost an arm and a leg?

Also, completely off topic, ive just fitted my sub woofer and stereo out of my old car, and the central locking from the fob, and interior light has blown... Any ideas what the hecks going on there?!

Thanks for your help!

Jamie

TsportBen
04-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Mine came with a spoiler like this

Jamiee95
04-14-2014, 05:23 AM
Thats nice! i want that one but in the silver/champagne colour :) they are just rare as rocking horse sh*t!

Also, has anyone got any recommendations for lowering kits? are new springs enough or should i change dampers too? coilovers seem a bit out of my price range!