PDA

View Full Version : Custom shift knob

Iosous
05-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Hi everyone here is a little mod I made to my stock shift knob. Got bored with the stock one and couldn't find a nice one or better said unique one. Since I wouldn't pay 60-70 bucks for a TRD one, besides they kinda look the same. I went ahead and got a little creative. I buyed for 12 bucks a pc game controller on ebay and managed to adapt it. Hope you guys like it, share your shift knobs I want to see what you guys have.

mazilla
05-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Haha, that's pretty creative. Are you planning on putting some type of sleeve over the the chrome bar to blend the two together?

Iosous
05-02-2014, 12:16 PM
I would love to put something to cover the chrome. But will have to search for something, and right now I have no idea what to use.

Exiwolfman
05-02-2014, 12:24 PM
I would love to put something to cover the chrome. But will have to search for something, and right now I have no idea what to use.

just make it shorter ...the shiftier that way ur joystick will be flash with gear box

mr_miles
05-03-2014, 01:17 AM
haha that's badass. I say +1 on shortening the rod and making it flush. then wire the buttons to do stuff. like turn signals, lights Stereo volume, missiles, grenades......and the horn.

cparker
09-25-2016, 08:30 PM
57536 Adding a custom wooden shift knob is easy. Just unscrew the original knob. Find a wooden nick nack you like and drill a 1/4 inch hole in the bottom. Then simply screw it onto the stick. Sorry about the poor quality of the photo which had to be way resized. But it gives you an idea. The knob is nice to use as long as you don't grab it by the hard pointy ears. Women dates might like it !!

ACKING_QC
11-13-2016, 08:45 PM
really good !! I picked my shift knob in a totaled old Mazda 3 in a junkyard near my home..