PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox issue.

junorico24
11-11-2014, 10:23 PM
What does it mean when the car is off I can't put it in gear. But once I press the clutch it goes in gear.

bronsin
11-12-2014, 05:58 AM
You mean without the engine running?

Not sure exactly but theres no practical significance!

IllusionX
11-12-2014, 06:38 AM
There is no significance. Because the car is not running, so trying to move the gears without the clutch on a non-moving gearbox gets you to some point that the gears don't align..

WeeYari
11-12-2014, 06:39 AM
You pretending to be a 10 yr old sitting in a car, shifting, and making neat power shift sounds with your mouth?

It means nothing. Sometimes when a car is sitting at rest, engine off, the gears will be aligned and you can throw the shifter through the pattern. Sometimes the are not aligned and you cannot engage the shifter without pressing the clutch.

junorico24
11-12-2014, 02:52 PM
I've had other manual cars before i can shift 1st,2nd,3rd,4th, to 5th to reverse with the engine off and back no problems. But with this car i can but sometimes it refuses to go to any gear with the car is not running you know me just playing around with it.

I was thinking something is wrong with the gearbox. Apart from having a notchy 2nd and 3rd gear. It's funny because in the cold it's sometimes smooth and other times it's notchy galore. LOL.

Time to replace it??:iono:

nookandcrannycar
11-13-2014, 01:46 AM
You pretending to be a 10 yr old sitting in a car, shifting, and making neat power shift sounds with your mouth?

:bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll: My little cousin did that in my blue Yaris when she was seven.

eseibel67
11-13-2014, 04:07 AM
What it means? Your trans is functioning normally. Congrats.

Wanna prove it? When on flat ground in neutral, release the parking brake. ever so lightly pull the shifter towards second gear. Now open the door, put your left foot on the ground, and while still holding the shifter towards second push the car backwards using your foot. Before the car even rolls 1 inch, the trans will slip into second gear like butter.

vivalaflam
11-27-2014, 05:10 AM

"vvvvvvrrrrr - choo (blow off valve)
Vrrrrrrrrrrr - choo choo BANG! (flames from exhaust)"
Hahahahahahaha [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e or my awesome Xperia Z1 C6903 using Tapatalk.