PDA

View Full Version : intake q's

nirusan
11-22-2014, 03:03 PM
hi friends

my ice race car sounds like a vacuum cleaner nad i need to get an intake. it seems like weapon r and weapon r and aem are good choices but are many hundreds of dollars. i'm thinking perhaps maybe of a cheap ebay short ram alternative/? does ayone know of one that works well at a low cost price?

due to the nature of ice racing wih collisions with snobanks and other humans i would like to have a short ram setup and not cold air in the front bumper

help is appreicated

nirusan
11-22-2014, 03:05 PM
also for exhaust, am i correct in assuming that the main cat is part of the header and the secondary cat is the 'downpipe'?

i want to get straight through exhaust off of the header )maintaining main cat), to keep noise levles down. i like to have a loud race car but 10 minutes of a steroid bees nest gives me a headache.

Betrivent
11-22-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm of the opinion that as long as the filter is good, and the intake's inner surface is smooth, it really doesn't matter who makes it.

nirusan
11-22-2014, 03:06 PM
I'm of the opinion that as long as the filter is good, and the intake's inner surface is smooth, it really doesn't matter who makes it.

i agree

do you have a generic style of intake? and if so, where did you get it? I'm not having much luck on ebay where I would uusally find such an item

Betrivent
11-22-2014, 03:15 PM
mine is actually.. I don't even remember anymore. It's an aluminum CAI. It might be a Fujita, but honestly I have no clue. The previous owner painted TRD on it.

I quickly googled some short rams on ebay and wow they're expensive. I would, if i had the skill and resources, grab a cone filter, and ask a machine shop to bend a 2.25" (I think that's the diameter?) tube and then just turn that into a SRI.

nirusan
11-22-2014, 06:32 PM
mine is actually.. I don't even remember anymore. It's an aluminum CAI. It might be a Fujita, but honestly I have no clue. The previous owner painted TRD on it.

I quickly googled some short rams on ebay and wow they're expensive. I would, if i had the skill and resources, grab a cone filter, and ask a machine shop to bend a 2.25" (I think that's the diameter?) tube and then just turn that into a SRI.

yes they are very $dubai money

i think i may broaden the search to be looking at perhaps Scion Xa items