PDA

View Full Version : Budget 1nzfe build (n/a)

nuclear90
12-07-2014, 09:27 AM
Hi brother and sister !!

Im driving a toyota vios (yaris sedan) over here in singapore..

Recently started on a project for my vios..
Im going the n/a route as sticking a turbo charger in a n/a motor is illegal here..

Things i planned to do:

High comp cp piston (11.5:1)
Molnar rods
Jun cam (264dur, 9.5lift)
Bc valve spring & retainer
Injen cai
Dc header
Custom 2" midpipe with a cat
Hks muffler

Going to be tune on unichip or emanage ultimate.

Not going anything wild..

Wanted to ask the pro here what more should i add in to complete the build.. Like i say im nt going anything wild as this is a daily driven car..

Was thinking to go for:

Bigger fuel pump (walbro)
Fuel rail
1zz injector
Bigger throttle body ??

Not should if the above is needed as its a n/a car, as i knw if im going turbo route i need a bigger injector..

Please fill in comments for me guys ^^ appreciate it..

xnamerxx
12-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Have the rotating assembly balanced, it should save your bearings.
Take all the lifter buckets and have them polished, that should be worth a few RPMs and a bit of power. I would also coat the piston skirts on the CP pistons so you don't get bad cold start slap should also reduce some thrust friction and give you a few hp.

ilikerice
12-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Standalone... I don't see why you put so much money in the motor and not spend the extra 1k for a standalone to tune it with more parameters than a piggy back.

nuclear90
12-08-2014, 12:46 AM
Hi all !! Tks for the reply

I'm planning to change the bearings also since its out.. And might be doing some head work to it too !!

As for standalone, the market here in singapore is too small.. There isnt muh options when comes to tuning.. There isnt much tuner that know how to tune a standalone ecu.. Unless there are other options available..

Jason@SportsCar
12-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Hi all !! Tks for the reply

I'm planning to change the bearings also since its out.. And might be doing some head work to it too !!

As for standalone, the market here in singapore is too small.. There isnt muh options when comes to tuning.. There isnt much tuner that know how to tune a standalone ecu.. Unless there are other options available..

If you cant get proper control of the electronics the rest is a waste of money. You will only see a fraction of the engines potential without a proper ECU. You can have a PNP harness made and put an AEM in there.

Mittelklasse
12-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Lightweight crank pulley!