PDA

View Full Version : Why the #$@%

pennystocks
05-25-2006, 02:35 AM
Seriously, why would anybody buy this car??? It looks like it was built by a assembly line machine w/ down syndrome.

I see more of them that Yarii on the road and i want to slap every one of them in the face. They have 3 less HP, and get 10 city and 6 highway LESS miles per gallon. My old pos 1993 ford taurus got that milage.

I am a die hard GM guy when it comes to power (cough '07 camaro z28, cough cough), but why cant american cars get good milage. I never understood this.

http://www.firmentchevy.com/UpPhotos/aveo04.jpg

El Jefe
05-25-2006, 02:49 AM
who cares honestly? it's fugly but you didnt buy one did you? didnt think so, so why even give it more thought than "damn thats ugly, slow, and gets shitty mileage" ????

boxerboy
05-25-2006, 05:18 AM
why care? Leave it for someone else.

fearturtle44
05-25-2006, 07:53 AM
Plus it is a Chevy!!

fearturtle44
05-25-2006, 07:53 AM
Plus I think this one is in the wrong forum!

Thirty-Nine
05-25-2006, 09:57 AM
Plus it is a Chevy!!

But really it's a Daewoo!

The only reason I could find for someone buying one is if you get a stripped-down version. They are the least expensive car on the U.S. market, and many die-hard domestic buyers might not know (or care) that they're made in Korea. That's my theory. They do have very high crash-test scores, though.

Keep in mind the Aveo is currently the best-selling sub-compact on the market, too.

Uglyboyed
05-25-2006, 10:25 AM
eeew that car looks like a orange turd

Ziv
05-25-2006, 10:53 AM
ahhh.. it hurts my eyes just to see that thingy.

why?
05-25-2006, 11:01 AM
They don't care about great gas mileage. GM is still believes all the cars they make are the best so they don't care if it doesn't get the best gas mileage.

Eventually reality will smack them in the head.

echo_hrs
05-25-2006, 11:51 AM
The funny thing is, that I'm sure on some Aveoforums somewhere, they are saying the same thing about our Yaris' to save face...

stuffy
05-25-2006, 12:32 PM
i heard that the aveo is currently undergoing a facelift, so lets see what that looks like, turd or no turd?

pennystocks
05-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Wow, they're really made in korea? Thats just messed up. Course the old Cadillac Catera was made in europe by Opel, which is owend by GM right?

Ziv
05-25-2006, 01:33 PM
The funny thing is, that I'm sure on some Aveoforums somewhere, they are saying the same thing about our Yaris' to save face...

I wouldn't doubt that. But even if they do, can they compare our fuel economy to them? Bahahaahahahahahaha

pennystocks
05-25-2006, 01:57 PM
I wonder if they have forums, i mean, can somebody stand next to that car and say "i am proud to own this car" lol

fearturtle44
05-25-2006, 01:57 PM
For what it is worth, the car expert, Warren Brown, at the Wash Post actually like the Aveo (maybe not the look but the drive and price).

mikeukrainetz
05-25-2006, 02:09 PM
dont know why Im replying to this thread but anyways...

I used to be a Chev. fanatic, everything chevy (I still like to work on them). I own a 36 year old chev pickup in fact.

My 2006 Yaris is the first import Ive purchased and it kicks the crap out of most of the north american branded models.

Most of GM's new platforms are built in Korea not american made as we are all led to believe - with all the union / labour problems, they cant afford to build them here anymore.

If I want an import Ill buy one (Isnt Kia posting the largest growth in automobile sales? arent they made in Korea?.....). Until american compact cars come into their own I will buy an import. If I want big american power I will buy domestic - each have their merrits, but I think everyone should stick to what their good at.

Calidrifter
05-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Isn't that one of the cars that they are doing the $1.99 for gas cap on (california and Florida only - haha suckers)

Uglyboyed
05-25-2006, 04:13 PM
naw thats for the hummer,tahoe, and the other big car???? uummmm??? i dunno. 2 outta 3 aint so bad

fearturtle44
05-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Hey Uglyboyed!! How do you like that Flint Mica S? I have the same thing. Love the color. Had it on my Scion tC also. Great color and upkeep is not that bad.....

Kevin

Uglyboyed
05-25-2006, 05:15 PM
yeah its great. people just loves to stare at it also because if the rainbow type colors it shows when you get up close but i dont have the power package so i have to roll up my windows (no biggy). and mines is a stick. havent really done anything to it yet except limo tints (cops dont giva crap here in florida unless there asses).

YotaYarisUSA
05-25-2006, 07:11 PM
What kind of car is that? It does suck, Yaris kicks its ass!!!!!!!!!

YotaYarisUSA

Sp33dY
05-25-2006, 08:15 PM
BY NO MEANS are they a CHEVY, nor are they Built in the US .... !

In Australia, they were sold as the Daewoo Kalos ... Daewoo is owned by GM. GM Holden then god rid of Daewoo all together, and are now selling the update shape (thats the same as your Chevy) as a GM Holden Barina ...

A lot of people will still buy these cos they are CHEAP, and a lot of people couldnt care less what brand their car was as long as its cheap to run, and doesnt break down!

http://www.southgate.com.au/tk/TK_sunset_3door.jpg

Dylanby
05-25-2006, 11:19 PM
A lot of people will still buy these cos they are CHEAP, and a lot of people couldnt care less what brand their car was as long as its cheap to run, and doesnt break down!

Yeah. You don't want to know what car I upgraded from when I bought my Yaris (couldn't get $500 bucks for it). I'll pretty much drive anything rather than take public transportation. If I had to pay $$$ for public parking as part of my daily commute then I might reconsider.

Yaris Revenge
05-26-2006, 12:28 PM
I don't mind them so much. The available colors are nicer than the Yaris selection (they actually have some sporty colors other than red and blue), and I kinda' like the front end... something about the turn signals under the headlights reminds me of a football player or something. However, from the windshield back, they're very unimaginative. I still think I'd choose one of these over a Fit. Can't stand the mini-mini van look.

~YR

why?
05-26-2006, 11:14 PM
For me the front is the ugliest part. Of course, notice how the Barina is 100 times nicer than the Aveo pic at the beginning of this thread.

DVS YARIS
05-27-2006, 02:20 AM
i wish they wernt selling them here there so FUGLY!!!!!