PDA

View Full Version : Strut Bar or Sway Bar

blacksan
04-30-2007, 04:35 PM
So, what gives the most benefit with otherwise stock setup?

blacksan
04-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Ok, no reply which leaves me in the position to place foot-n-mouth. I would assume that with FWD the strut bar gives more seat of the pants input with stock setup.

Ran Kizama
04-30-2007, 05:31 PM
I got both the front strut tower bar and the rear anti-sway bar. Body roll is virtually gone. I couldn't tell you which helped more, but I would assume the anti-roll bar.

blacksan
04-30-2007, 05:34 PM
I got both the front strut tower bar and the rear anti-sway bar. Body roll is virtually gone. I couldn't tell you which helped more, but I would assume the anti-roll bar.

With the front struts so close to the firewall you are most likely correct. is your sway bar TRD?

brickhardmeat
04-30-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm going for everything all together but just lowering the car and getting wider tires on seems to make a huge difference.

blacksan
04-30-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm going for everything all together but just lowering the car and getting wider tires on seems to make a huge difference.

I want to get a few miles on her before the radical suspension upgrades.

BTW, the more I drive this dam thing the more I like it!!!:wink:

brickhardmeat
04-30-2007, 05:41 PM
nothing radical, you'll like the driving a ton more, I could hardly get the thing home stock, it felt like such crap:smile:

Ran Kizama
04-30-2007, 05:53 PM
With the front struts so close to the firewall you are most likely correct. is your sway bar TRD?Yup. Fairly cheap and takes about 10mins to install. Kind of hard to go wrong. I recommend checking out trdsparks.com for the best price. :thumbsup:

blacksan
04-30-2007, 09:31 PM
At the risk of starting one of those suspension setup knowledge pissing contests, I've found that the rear TRD sway reduces the understeer and front wheelspin in corners, and also helps rotate the rear of the car around the corners immensely...

I would venture to say it does much more than a strut bar so close to the firewall...

Cheers

ya but, I want to start a pissing contest among web super hero's! :biggrin:

I think you are most likely correct in your assumption.