PDA

View Full Version : moon roof

Lillydot
05-06-2007, 10:12 PM
hey guys, i wanted to get a moon roof installed, but i have no idea where to go locally. i know theres a classic soft trim in hyannis, but thats just a little too far. does anyone know of any chain stores that might have a location closer to boston?

sambo42xa
05-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Did u try a "yellow pages" thingy? That would probably be your best bet IF u don't get anything from anyone. Ah..yes, the moonroof...................:w00t:
sambo42xa
Southern, NH

sambo42xa
05-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Any luck finding one...installed??

Lillydot
05-22-2007, 07:43 PM
nope, no luck so far....

JBCLBC
07-15-2007, 01:55 PM
there's 15 different places listed at http://www.webasto.us/am/en/am_auto_sunroofs.html - just click on "Go" under 'Webasto Dealers'.

Meteorite Man
07-15-2007, 07:37 PM
www.spindlecityautoglass.com/accessories.shtml

FallRiver Mass., Says manual roofs start at $399.00 installed.

Google : Moon Roofs Installed, There was a few there.

Chuck

sambo42xa
07-18-2007, 07:15 AM
$399. ?! What the hell are they smoking...................:eek:
Then again, I guess that's what the going rate is now a days.........

Meteorite Man
07-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Go into business for yourself then and clean up. Information was asked for and I gave what I could.

Chuck

sambo42xa
07-18-2007, 11:48 AM
I commented, "what are THEY (NOT you) smoking".
Nothing against you, I think MAYBE you misunderstood my comment?

(I do have my own business)

Black Yaris
07-18-2007, 12:29 PM
www.spindlecityautoglass.com/accessories.shtml

FallRiver Mass., Says manual roofs start at $399.00 installed.

Google : Moon Roofs Installed, There was a few there.

Chuck
a manual roof would not be a moon roof.... that would be a sun roof
I have seen quality moon roofs that slide into the car for for $800-1200

$399. ?! What the hell are they smoking...................:eek:
Then again, I guess that's what the going rate is now a days.........

$399.00 for moon roof? that is hella cheep, so cheep I would be scared to have that installed for fear of leaks and the comentancey of the person cutting a hole in the roof of my brand new car

Meteorite Man
07-18-2007, 01:33 PM
The comment on what they are smoking lead me to believe he thought $399.00 was to much. I on the otherhand thought it was cheap, wayyyy to cheap. Again you get what you pay for. Cheap in the way that there can't be a huge quality in the product itself. That product along with labor to do it for $400, makes me worry about a "one-size-fits-all" approach.

Someone here has a moonroof he installed himself I believe. I'll go searching here in a bit. That was a nice. The one thing I guess is that there is a structual beam that has to be relocated or beefed up to keep the roof where the roof is supposed to be, not in your lap.

I'll be back,

Chuck

Meteorite Man
07-18-2007, 01:48 PM
The owner who I mentioned before is Violin and this is what he has installed,

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/premspoilsun.html

Stiil, I know it's not a moonroof . I punched in moonroof in the search function and there are a bunch of folks that have them installed. looks about $1000.00 average. There was one that looked to be about $2000.00.

Funny how paying over a grand would makes more sense than dropping a few hundred.

Chuck.

sambo42xa
07-18-2007, 01:54 PM
I did think it was too much........(because back in My earlier years when they were installed they cost much less/ I occasionally installed them being an autobody person back then)...... BUT, because I have no idea what they go for now, that is why I followed with; "then again, I guess that's what the going rate is now a days".
Shit...am I that old??!!! :eyebulge:
Lillydot, when you DO get one, let us know how much (if you don't mind) yours was...please :bow: ...................
Don't mind me, I'm only an idiot :bonk:

Black Yaris
07-18-2007, 02:22 PM
I did think it was too much........(because back in My earlier years when they were installed they cost much less/ I occasionally installed them being an autobody person back then)...... BUT, because I have no idea what they go for now, that is why I followed with; "then again, I guess that's what the going rate is now a days".
Shit...am I that old??!!! :eyebulge:
Lillydot, when you DO get one, let us know how much (if you don't mind) yours was...please :bow: ...................
Don't mind me, I'm only an idiot :bonk:
even when moonroofs were just getting big in the mid 90's I never saw them for less than $700 installed

death is my gift
07-18-2007, 03:29 PM
I've been purposely avoiding this website because the gf is out of a job (looking though) and I am flat ass broke. Now I want a frakin' mood roof. Thanks guys. ;)

Lillydot
07-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Funny how paying over a grand would makes more sense than dropping a few hundred.

Chuck.

if the moonroof was an option when i got the car, i would have gotten it then. seeing as it was not, i'm looking now.

i'm still looking. i have to give Classic Soft Touch a call back to get a price quote. people keep on offering me a sunroof. thats not what i want. i want a manual pop up moonroof. seems its not such a popular thing.... oh well:iono:

leasaunce
07-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Toyota, dont they supply Sun/Moon roof as an optional?? (it doesnt say on the brohcure). Cause when I get my Yaris I want to get a sunroof (installed preferably by Toyota).

Lillydot
07-27-2007, 09:59 PM
well, it probably is an option, but it wasn't one of the cars on the lot when i went and i wanted that car IMMEDIATELY! i wasn't willing to order and wait.

ALY
07-28-2007, 01:24 AM
No Sunroof option on the Yaris in North America.

njyaris
07-28-2007, 03:06 AM
good luck .. the yaris has a concave/convex roof it really depends which way your looking at it .. pretty hard to get a sunroof .. if you get one let us know ..

Meteorite Man
07-28-2007, 06:37 AM
Again, there are plenty here on the forum that have installed sun/moonroofs.

njyaris
07-28-2007, 10:15 AM
somebody with a sunroof post your pics here ....

Meteorite Man
07-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Check out Violin's Pics...Pretty nice. That's on a HB, there are a few on sedans too. Click on search and type in sunroofs or you can type in moonroofs.

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/premspoilsun.html

here's the link to where I believe he got it.

Hope I'm not stepping on your toes Violin but I had to make the poster a believer.

roadrunner
08-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Auto Sun Roof Inc has Poptop for $525., and Electric Top Slider for $695. installed.
http://autosunroof.com/html/locations.html
Facilities - 8 installation facilities in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Florida.

Irishlass
09-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Mine was installed through a vendor of my dealer. It is electric, tilts and slides back between the roof and head liner. I couldn't have been more pleased but it was $1000. It couldn't have been done better by Toyota.